• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giving Life to Far Cry 6 Light

Kuranghi

I do want to give this a go eventually because I really enjoyed my silly time with FC5, its brain off stuff a lot of the time except the hidden stash puzzles were better than 90% of the puzzles in Horizon 2 so far, there was a ton of variety in what you were finding/doing even when it wasn't that complicated, like Breath of the Wild.

The issue is the graphics just feel so last gen when you compare them to Horizon 2, I'm sure this game is beautiful sometimes too though.

mitch1971

Farcry 2 was the highpoint for me. Not the game itself, but the map editor. There were many who banded together as a community to play each others maps for a couple of years after the release.

Also, FC3, as I got one of my maps added to the official ranked maps.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
After FC2, this FC6 comes secondly above FC3, FC4, FC5. I've enjoyed every minute in this game. The DLC's? Rogelike BS that I've finished the Vaas DLC in like 2 hours even though not something I like "roguelike" in respect to Michael Mando and Vaas.

If only they could give life to the gameplay.
I feel bad for the artist section of any dev team. They put in nearly maximum effort for every game, but ultimately the entire quality and feedback of the game rides solely on the gameplay team. It's like having a group project for a class and the most important part of the presentation rides on the guy who is the most inconsistent and unreliable.

Shmunter

After FC2, this FC6 comes secondly above FC3, FC4, FC5. I've enjoyed every minute in this game. The DLC's? Rogelike BS that I've finished the Vaas DLC in like 2 hours even though not something I like "roguelike" in respect to Michael Mando and Vaas.
Is it because of the 60fps it’s finally worth it? Or it’s actually doing something else better than Fc3 to 5?

FC6 has to be the best Far Cry since FC2. So glad they got rid of the picking flowers and hunting animals for random upgrades. The story and characters were so much better too.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

Is it because of the 60fps it’s finally worth it? Or it’s actually doing something else better than Fc3 to 5?

FC6 has to be the best Far Cry since FC2. So glad they got rid of the picking flowers and hunting animals for random upgrades. The story and characters were so much better too.
FC 2 is also my favorite in the series, but 6 is garbage. That game is just a hodgepodge of incongruent systems and the combat and gunplay is worse than ever.

Shmunter

FC 2 is also my favorite in the series, but 6 is garbage. That game is just a hodgepodge of incongruent systems and the combat and gunplay is worse than ever.
I’m also a fc2 fan. Finished 4 only since and it was pretty much static and shallow.

Last edited:
Far Cry 2's lighting somehow feels more natural than that of all sequels except Primal. It's primitive bur just feels right.
Primal also nailed it during daytime.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Because the overall story is pretty good and has an overall serious approach. Not as great as FC2 which is one of the best stories, games, gameplays of all time, but FC6 is so fucking fun and enjoyable with unpredicted story. Personally I've enjoyed it fully and finished every corner of that massive map. I expected it to be shit before buying it.

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

I’m also a fc2 fan. Finished 4 only since and it was pretty much static and shallow.
FC2 is still the 100% true Far Cry, and how it should've been. That game is so close to my heart, and the MP mode is still superior with the free map designs you can make and discover by the community!

Top Bottom