• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GmanLives: Bad Company 1 & 2 - The Best Battlefield Campaigns

Cryio

I always wanted to play BC2, but the first one never came to PC. Luckily, BC1 is now emulated perfectly on RPCS3. So I'll give it a shot. One day.

Tams

Only really played BC2, but I finished it in one sitting. Fantastic story (yeah, yeah, it's a generic world ending danger one, but you need to go in expecting that). The humour is spot on.

That said, I preferred Battlefield 1's campaigns, especially 'Through Mud and Blood'.

I love battlefield. I still play bf3 online multiplayer to this day. But I fear BF is not what it once was. Which is a shame.

I understand everything changes over time. Things need to grow. But I think bf developers need to look what the series did before, than what they currently are putting out.

Naked Lunch

Battlefield "Campaign".
What a joke.
Waste of resources and with the 'dumbed down for console BC games' - this started the beginning of the end for the franchise.

The pinnacle of Battlefield was BF2 PC - the series has never come close to those heights - and didnt expand on its greatness.
All downhill from there.

Kupfer

The headline alone was enough to make me just order Bad Company for the PS3. Back then I didn't pay enough attention to the game on the 360, but now I'm eager to catch up.

R6Rider

Gold Member
The headline alone was enough to make me just order Bad Company for the PS3. Back then I didn't pay enough attention to the game on the 360, but now I'm eager to catch up.
Bad Company is still great. Sound design is still awesome too.

One thing that sucks is the FOV is locked to a REALLY low number, but beyond that holds up fine.

Last edited:

Tams

Battlefield "Campaign".
What a joke.
Waste of resources and with the 'dumbed down for console BC games' - this started the beginning of the end for the franchise.

The pinnacle of Battlefield was BF2 PC - the series has never come close to those heights - and didnt expand on its greatness.
All downhill from there.

arOpI0m.png

The only 2 Battlefield games I had fun playing (multiplayer) were Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3. There was something magical about those 2 games. Haven't enjoyed any BFs since.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Evolution of Battlefield Games 2002 - 2023
Includes Gameplay footage from every Battlefield Game

All the gameplay recordings, gameplay, video editing and thumbnails are made by me (Game Evolutions) with added commentary for each game.

đź“Ś All Battlefield games in the Evolution:
0:00 Battlefield 1942 (2002) - PC
1:32 Battlefield Vietnam (2004) - PC
3:05 Battlefield 2 (2005) - PC
4:42 Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (2005) - PS2, Xbox & Xbox 360
5:49 Battlefield 2142 (2006) - PC
7:21 Battlefield: Bad Company (2008) - Playstation 3 & Xbox 360
9:01 Battlefield Heroes (2009) - PC
9:59 Battlefield 1943 (2009) - PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
11:02 Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (2010) - PC, PS3 & XB360
12:20 Battlefield 3 (2011) - PC, PS3 & XB360
13:49 Battlefield 4 (2013) - PC, PS4, XB1, PS3 & XB360
15:07 Battlefield Hardline (2015) - PC, PS4, XB1, PS3 & XB360
16:33 Battlefield 1 (2016) - PC, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One
18:11 Battlefield V (2018) - PC, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One
19:53 Battlefield Mobile (2021 Alpha, 2023 Release) - Android & iOS
21:02 Battlefield 2042 (2021/2023 Update) - PC, PS5, XBS S/X .etc
22:46 Battlefield Game Evolution 2002 - 2023
*Each Battlefield intro and various gameplay clips are included.

The game footage from every Battlefield game is focused on singleplayer campaign, multiplayer, combat, driving car/tank, flying, fighting gameplay .etc

RaptorGTA

never played BC1 but I enjoyed BC2 single-player. Some of the levels visually looked insanely good for a 360. Played the the hell out of the multiplayer on PC and 360.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Only a PC player so never got to play BC1. BC2 was insanely good - in MP. The single player was a fun introduction to the mechanics but it wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination. Still better than any SP portion of any of the later games but that isn't saying much.

Top Bottom