• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GmanLives - Reviewing Far Cry Console Exclusives

CamHostage

Hm, interesting topic to do a video on.

I keep hoping somebody can uncover something of the PSP Far Cry game development. I loosely knew somebody who worked on the project at Ubisoft at the time, but I never got much more info than that it was on Unreal Engine (I think UE2, though it might have still been the Unreal Warfare engine that Ubisoft used in the early days; I can't even confirm the story that it was a companion game to Far Cry 2.) Wish I hadn't lost touch, but dead PSP games do have a habit of being unearthed years later, so maybe some day...

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Far Cry Instincts was pretty good. Not as good as the original, but still pretty fun.

Stark reminder of how much the series has changed. First one is still the only one in the series I really liked.

chigstoke

Instincts: Predator and Instincts: Evolution were brilliant. Not ashamed to say I prefer them over the original 2004 Far Cry.

The original version of Instincts
on OG Xbox was graphically superb, Predator and Evolution also looked visually superb on 360. Anyone know if these run on Xenia?

makaveli60

I remember there was a port for Xbox 360 at the beginning of the gen and there was a video showing the water in that version and when I saw that I knew that I need to get a 360 instead of building a new PC, which was my plan before it. I never looked back since then.

D.Final

Banned
Instincts: Predator and Instincts: Evolution were brilliant. Not ashamed to say I prefer them over the original 2004 Far Cry.

The original version of Instincts
on OG Xbox was graphically superb, Predator and Evolution also looked visually superb on 360. Anyone know if these run on Xenia?

I definitely agree

chigstoke

I definitely agree
I think it's down to the pacing of the games more than anything. Easily accessible on console as well, Xbox Live and with the power ups added a different element to the standard FPS fare. Really was around the time Ubi had hit their stride. R6 Lockdown had come out, Chaos Theory and Double Agent had lifted Splinter Cell to new heights, Prince of Persia was doing well. What a great time.

Top Bottom