• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarök music production intern Jessica Mao says she wasn't credited for contribution to the game

Bartski

Gold Member
arranging music used in boss fights outside "minimum criteria"?
Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

realcool

i forget which game i played but there was a section where peoples fuckin pet dogs were thanked.

whoever is in charge of producing the credits, get your shit together. contributions deserve credit. i'll even go so far as to say if you were crunching at the fuckin office and you had to order takeout to eat at work, hop sings chinese takeout or whatever the fuck should get a special thanks too.

Well that's a crock of shit. Minimum contribution? The fuck does that even mean? They contributed to the game, pop their name in the credits, why would this even be an issue?
I guess this is something like the producers, of you do over 50% you get the credit.

There must be some kind of industry or studio rule (written or not).

I don't know, maybe they just don't like her.

i forget which game i played but there was a section where peoples fuckin pet dogs were thanked.

whoever is in charge of producing the credits, get your shit together. contributions deserve credit. i'll even go so far as to say if you were crunching at the fuckin office and you had to order takeout to eat at work, hop sings chinese takeout or whatever the fuck should get a special thanks too.

Give me a special thanks for shilling too

yurinka

Well that's a crock of shit. Minimum contribution? The fuck does that even mean?
Means that if you worked only for a few days or only made a tiny portion of the work you don't get credited in the same way than the ones who spent years on it working during all or most of the project, or at least during a long portion of time.

Hyperbole example: imagine the game has 3 music producers, 2 of them worked during the whole project or almost, across let's say 3 years. These 2 get credited in the game. The other one only worked during a couple of weeks/months doing some intern stuff and after that leaves/gets fired/doesn't pass the test period. And maybe even a big portion of what this person did was crap and someone else had to replace it or got cut. This third one doesn't get credited in the game.

There is no written rule but typically this is how it's done in the industry. Regarding the amount of work needed to appear in the game, there's no standard and even most companies doesn't have a specific amount of time working on the studio needed to be listed in the credits.

In the studio where I worked, at the start nobody got credited because the boss was afraid that the competion could hire us. Years later the bosses got credited and later everybody got credited with no specific rules. Some designer in charge of the texts of the game or some programmer simply kept updating the credits, or sometimes even the CM. In a few cases we forgot to include someone who was working during a short period of time in the game and added that person later. In other cases they weren't included on purpose. In other cases they were added as "Support artist" or "Support programmers" etc or under "Special thanks". We didn't follow any specific standard or rule, whoever filled the credits for that game decided the method.

Last edited:
A background check? I looked her up on LinkedIn. That may seem like an exhaustive investigation to you, but in reality it is a simple google search. As to why, why not? You have a problem with adding pertinent information to the thread? That's a you problem.
It added absolutely nothing, and you even admitted you have no idea how this works, right? So why bother with this pointless piece of information?

jm89

I think she should still have been credited even if it's for a few months, but there are things worth starting drama over, this ain't it.

Topher

Gold Member
It added absolutely nothing, and you even admitted you have no idea how this works, right? So why bother with this pointless piece of information?

Of course I don't know how this works. Neither do you. I posted her information and asked a question in reference to it. If you are unable to figure out how my post relates to the topic at hand then again, that is your problem.

Actually it's not pointless. We now know she was an intern there along with her exact roles while the information in the OP didn't provide that.

In all honesty the only things pointless in this thread are your posts.
And what's that got to do with her being credited with the work she has done? It's just another case of the fools brigade (yes your in there) trying everything possible to defend anything related to the PS brand.

GHG

Gold Member
And what's that got to do with her being credited with the work she has done? It's just another case of the fools brigade (yes your in there) trying everything possible to defend anything related to the PS brand.

Are you a bot or a real person?

It's got everything to do with figuring out whether or not she has a case here, it's called fact finding. I know that might seem like an alien concept to you and people of your ilk but you might want to try it out one day. It will help you come to more logical conclusions rather than ones based purely on emotion.

Topher

Gold Member

lol...I never said she shouldn't be credited. I asked if interns normally are. If you are going to point to the "fools brigade" then start with the fools who are advocating rushing to judgement without all the facts.

In this case, that would be you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom