• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarök - Shaping the Story Trailer | PS5 & PS4 Games

Draugoth

Gold Member

Introducing the God of War Ragnarök Behind the Scenes series

Join us on our journey behind the scenes of God of War Ragnarök. Throughout this series, we’ll take you across the Nine Realms as we look behind the curtain at the development process across the many disciplines that bring God of War to life. Episode 1 begins in Midgard, where we’ll cover the important story information from God of War (2018) and set the stage for God of War Ragnarök before it launches on November 9th, 2022.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
giphy.gif

AJUMP23

Nft Thimble GIF by Bitski
Frosty The Snowman Snow GIF by GIF Greeting Cards
Thimblewinter

"We all have our own personal Ragnaroks to deal with" - that quote might be overselling the reality. We are playing a fun videogame.....

Can not wait! Only issue is the fact that half the video is 2018 and then half is Ragnarok and it doesnt look much different at all.

Also, dont play a plagues tale all day then watch this :/

Literally playing plague tale requiem right now and the animations and lipsynching are no where near the level of god of war, while some of the environmental and clothing textures are really high quality the way the characters move is still very much AA. They look like puppets

Last edited:

GymWolf

My only fear for this game is the bad looking armors... some armors were awful in the previous game.
Just let me keep the base outfit without being underpowered :messenger_crying:
Kratos is too much of an alpha male to wear any type of armour, it is not my kratos if i can't see his nipples.

Literally playing plague tale requiem right now and the animations and lipsynching are no where near the level of god of war, while some of the environmental and clothing textures are really high quality the way the characters move is still very much AA. They look like puppets

Hugo's running animation are very well done.

Feels like a child and conveys some innocence.

GOW never feels anything like that.

jaysius

Banned
Nft Thimble GIF by Bitski
Frosty The Snowman Snow GIF by GIF Greeting Cards
Thimblewinter

"We all have our own personal Ragnaroks to deal with" - that quote might be overselling the reality. We are playing a fun videogame.....

Personal Ragnarok to zoomers:
  • Mocha choco non-soy decaf non-dairy latte had too little chocolate
  • New TikTok only 1000 likes
  • FB post about burnt toast didn't garner as much sympathy as yesterday's post
  • Today's pronoun choice
  • Today's culture cancel to suggest demand
  • Dropped cellphone on couch and had to pick it up

Yea, the phrasing is alot superfluous. Ragnarok is a major event, the only people that have had "personal ragnaroks" are dead.

Last edited:
Its really not even in the same league. I’m assuming this isnt motion captured at all

Probably isn't.

But as I said, it achieves something else.

GOW animations are smooth and feel good at stick.

But doesn't help characterize the characters. More of run of the mill AAA quality.

In Plague Tale, they help establish character, that you are dealing with children.

rofif

Banned
Nice, can't wait.
I am impressed by Atreus actor voice. The boy grew !

How the fuck do we avoid spoilers?! TLOU2 was ruined for many because of spoilers. Even for me, I almost dropped the game because I went into it with hate instead of hype... thankfully I got over it half way through.

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
On the fence about watching these...

Think I'm gonna pass. I'll read some impressions from the preview on Friday and that's it.

Went in pretty blind with the first one. Would recommend.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
On the fence about watching these...

Think I'm gonna pass. I'll read some impressions from the preview on Friday and that's it.

Went in pretty blind with the first one. Would recommend.
There was nothing spoiler wise in this video. Gives a good foundation as to where they were coming from with the last development wise, and has a little snippet on the challenges when COVID hit.

nowhat

Kratos is too much of an alpha male to wear any type of armour, it is not my kratos if i can't see his nipples.
Armor and nipples are not mutually exclusive:

u8m042c7r3811.jpg

Edit: come to think of it, Kratos having a "Kratos and Atreus" armor with similar features would be fucking epic. I know that will probably not happen, what with all the seriousness of the reboot/reimagining, but if anyone from Santa Monica is reading this, please make it happen.

Last edited:
I hope this game will be on GOW3 level and not the so disappointing GOW2018. But politically correctness may prevent it it from reaching greatness. Show me something's that tops Poseidon and hades fight, and the rip off of Helios's head SSM.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Ill do an audio only play of this.

Man im pissed they didn't do a BTS for TLOU 2. Come on

There's some cool new shots of the game in this video. Nothing spoiler related.

I like the visual improvements I'm seeing, Kratos's character model is much more detail and refined, the environments also look super detailed.

I remember a VFX artist said a while ago that the PS5's version of the game is leveraging tessellation so that should be pretty neat.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch a weapons expert react to God of War, from Kratos' iconic Leviathan Axe to the Blades of Chaos! Let's take a look at these God of War weapons with Matt Easton, an all-around weapon, HEMA and battle expert. Matt joins us to analyse God of War axe and shield combat, featuring the Guardian Shield and even the Talon Bow. How would the God of War weapons work in real life? We asked Matt to break down just how realistic these fictional weapons really are and fill us in on how Kratos uses them in God of War (2018).

00:00 - Intro
00:39 - Leviathan Axe
03:19 - Guardian Shield
04:27 - God of War Axe & Shield Combat
06:17 - Leviathan Axe Upgrade
07:22 - Blades Of Chaos
11:48 - The Talon Bow
13:21 - Final Thoughts

Matt Easton is a Historical European Martial Artist, Antique Arms Dealer, and owner of the fencing club Schola Gladiatoria.

Haggard

Banned
yes, very nice PS4 game...now give me current gen games Sony...pretty please.
Or at least a coat of paint for the ps5 version on the level of a HFW....

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
I've been replaying GoW2028 the past few days for the 4th time...

Not really a fan of the combat and the new camera.

I understand they wanted to do something new, but if they had kept the fast paced combat and the static and manually positioned camera... we would be talking about a very different beast.

Top Bottom