• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarök's Combat Lets You Play With Your Food | Exclusive Gameplay

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I am only joking Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem

This looks cool but something is going to have to come out swinging to take down Elden Ring this year. Really weak year all in all but it’s allowed me to make a dent in my backlog.

I am looking forward to Raganrok but not even worrying about preordering. I can totally wait until the first sale on it. That’s how bad the backlog is.

CosmicComet

Looks sadly unimpressive. And it's clear this is the PS5 version to boot.

God of War was always Sony's premier game as far as spectacle and visuals.

Even GoW2 impressed despite the 360 and PS3 being out when it came out.

So not even the cross-gen excuse really makes sense.

Idk why Forbidden West blows this out the water despite being an early 2022 game and this isn't even out yet.

It boggles the mind because unless something drastically changed in a few years I don't think Guerrilla is more talented than Santa Monica.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No i'm talking in general except monster hunter saga.

Any third person action game has the best boss fights when they are humanoids, they are just more fun and less gimmicky to play against.

Artorias, gael, that newborn fucker in BB etc.

even dragons in souls are never as fun as humanoids.

Big monsters look cool, but they usually have gimmick moves and way less agility, the dragon boss fight in the previous gow was dogshit even on max difficulty, it was just spectacle.
Well Monster Hunter combat is entirely made just for fighting giant monsters, but as result that combat will never world fight another humanoid enemies.

You also have other action games does much better job fighting giant monsters.
dckyvgm-91804ca1-387a-44e6-9886-68d0d931fcea.gif
astral+2.gif

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I am only joking Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem

This looks cool but something is going to have to come out swinging to take down Elden Ring this year. Really weak year all in all but it’s allowed me to make a dent in my backlog.

I am looking forward to Raganrok but not even worrying about preordering. I can totally wait until the first sale on it. That’s how bad the backlog is.

No worries, that trigger emoji is just for fun, haha!

I don't like Elden Ring, but I respect FromSoftware as they're loved by many. I don't like their games and not playing any even for free like now on PS+. But still I can understand if GOW:R loses to Elden Ring is already a massive media war against everything-Sony. Garbage-bin remasters from Nintendo reach an insane 90-97 metascores yet extensive, insane upgrades for Sony ones get lowered by many of xbox media fronts and even Nintendo fanboy websites which shouldn't be allowed/counted. But Meta lost its creditability long ago, just look at Halo Infinite score when it should've hit below 60.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yep that's definitely God of War 2018 combat.

Can't wait.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Well Monster Hunter combat is entirely made just for fighting giant monsters, but as result that combat will never world fight another humanoid enemies.

You also have other action games does much better job fighting giant monsters.
dckyvgm-91804ca1-387a-44e6-9886-68d0d931fcea.gif
astral+2.gif
I fought that boss in dmc 5, and it doesn't hold a candle against other more humanoid bosses in the same game mechanically\challenge wise, but the destruction was nice.

The other is astral chain rights? i don't remember much about that game tbh, but i usually like having more intimate battles than evading a giant laser, also if the monster is agile and has a varied move set (and can be stunned) i have nothing against it, it's just that usually big ass creatures are slow or just still, especially in gow saga :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I LOVED the fights against the hunters in bb, for me they were the highlight of the game, some of them had tremendous ia.

Last edited:
No worries, that trigger emoji is just for fun, haha!

I don't like Elden Ring, but I respect FromSoftware as they're loved by many. I don't like their games and not playing any even for free like now on PS+. But still I can understand if GOW:R loses to Elden Ring is already a massive media war against everything-Sony. Garbage-bin remasters from Nintendo reach an insane 90-97 metascores yet extensive, insane upgrades for Sony ones get lowered by many of xbox media fronts and even Nintendo fanboy websites which shouldn't be allowed/counted. But Meta lost its creditability long ago, just look at Halo Infinite score when it should've hit below 60.

It will say a lot if FH5 managed a 92 MC despite being more or less the same as FH4 and even basically recycling the same DLC content (another Hot Wheels expansion) as FH3 when something much cooler like a Lego expansion could've maybe been done, but GOW Ragnarok, with a better story than the predecessor and visuals at least as good, with improved mechanics and some new things sprinkled in there, manages a lower score than 2018.

But really the lack of consistency and what standards are being measured for what games and in what ways, is down to the actual review sites and channels. These things do show the inherent flaws in review aggregates, however.

Top Bottom