• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarok Has Huge Social Media Presence

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Giant-Social-Media-Presence-of-God-of-War-Ragnarok-Ignites-Hopes-That-It-Will-Break-The-3-Day-Sales-Numbers-Record-Of-The-Last-of-Us-2.jpg

Are you daft? I said it would be NICE for both games to win in a GOW thread and here you are talking about some other game I don’t give a shit about? Why are you talking about Elding Ring in a GOW thread?
Who gives a shit anyways it a meaningless opinion award lol
All that matters is if you enjoy the game or not
Don't need no stuck up brat to tell me what game should be GOTY

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
Who gives a shit anyways it a meaningless opinion award lol
All that matters is if you enjoy the game or not
Don't need no stuck up brat to tell me what game should be GOTY
Something is seriously wrong with you. Me saying the franchise should win GOTY triggers you so much. Seek help.
its kinda hard as ER is around, competition will be very hard this year for GOWR
Yea ER is popular and a high contender. So was RDR2. Still would be nice for the franchise having a reboot and winning back to back. I know ultimately it doesn’t matter as the game will sell gangbusters but what a payoff for a reboot.

When the vote will happen the game could be still booming, when ER would be nearly an year old game. Mindshare and novelty can play an huge role

I think if God of War ends up being bigger and better instead of more of the same it could win some GoTY over Elden Ring. If one thing is for certain they probably will polish the heck out of the game with the extra time that they had with it. And 9 months ago it was already looking very good from that gameplay trailer.

I’m not saying it’s 100% sure but it could have a real fighting chance against Elden Ring if they pull it off right.

Too bad this game will sell really poorly and be one of the worst releases in the most recent years :/

I kid

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

Yep Kratos has a huge following. My favorite game from last gen by far. Before 2018 came out I was scared it would be ruined by Kratos having Atreus with him, instead it made this game great.

Everywhere I've been the amount of hype is huge. Thus is the first game I will take a few days off work for.

yazenov

This game is going to be huge sales wise.

I don't see any competitor for this game in November with the exception of Call of Duty which has been in a decline with every entry and not to mentioned a different audience.

Sony just needs to produce more PS5s along with their system seller to capitalize on GOW2 release.

Sony really delivered on their quality games and quantity during the pendemic.

Last edited:
Guess we will see. Like ChorizoPicozo ChorizoPicozo said, betting against SMS isn't wise. But fine.....who cares? If GoW:R gives ER a run for its money then gamers all win because we got great games.

Right?

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
wrong chicken GIF by happydog

I still think ER has it locked this year even though i myself have said that i find it to be just Dark Soul with a Horse
But It would take Ragnarok like a near perfect score from critics to even stand a chance
As talanted as SMS is Ragnarok would have to pull off the impossible to even stand a chance with the critics and voters
Who already crowned Elden Ring as 2022 GOTY

Yoboman

Elden Ring is tougher competition than RDR2 which was just a boring game with poor gameplay

Ragnarok will essentially need to deliver a similar scope to ER which is hard cause ER is already on its own in that regard. And ER obviously has very good gameplay, even if GOWR delivers something deeper

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Elden Ring is tougher competition than RDR2 which was just a boring game with poor gameplay

Ragnarok will essentially need to deliver a similar scope to ER which is hard cause ER is already on its own in that regard. And ER obviously has very good gameplay, even if GOWR delivers something deeper
RDR2 was a 97 meta game. It's the games media that votes for these.

Guess we will see. Like ChorizoPicozo ChorizoPicozo said, betting against SMS isn't wise. But fine.....who cares? If GoW:R gives ER a run for its money then gamers all win because we got great games.

Right?
You know what is very fascinating?.

God of war (the original one) was released in a period when people in general thought western developers were not able to make good hack and slash games. Said by Cory or Jaffe in an old ass documentary or interview (cannot remember).

God of war couldn't exist without those Japanese influences. So, respect for them.

Then God of War went dormant after the old fashion GoW Ascension. Meanwhile, the souls like games were taking over the industry.

Clearly, God of War 2018 was influenced by from software souls games. (There is a little island -where is a castle and a dragon- that is basically a condensed souls level).

So yeah. From software is one of the most influential developers of recent years. Let's praise the sun ☀️ Miyazaki.

As Santa Monica once outdid Japanese devs at what they were the best, now again, Santa Monica has a a very high chance to surpass From Software.

Topher

Gold Member
wrong chicken GIF by happydog

I still think ER has it locked this year even though i myself have said that i find it to be just Dark Soul with a Horse
But It would take Ragnarok like a near perfect score from critics to even stand a chance
As talanted as SMS is Ragnarok would have to pull off the impossible to even stand a chance with the critics and voters
Who already crowned Elden Ring as 2022 GOTY

You just said I'm wrong because I said gamers all win for getting great games. You do realize that?

Last edited:
You just said I'm wrong because I said gamers all win for getting great games. You do realize that?
Not that part
The part that is wrong is the betting against SMS & Ragnarok part
As im betting against them right now

Last edited:
Top Bottom