• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarok Has Huge Social Media Presence

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
OK...im Going to take your word
Your name is Heimdall, you work with Thor… I’m on to you!
Suspicious Buffy The Vampire Slayer GIF

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Not that part
The part that is wrong is the betting against SMS & Ragnarok part
As im betting against them right now

Yeah...you are weird. I want more great games, not less. I want the next game to be the greatest I've ever played. I don't hope the next game is lesser because of some silly notion that the last game must be the best ever....cuz reasons.

Elden Ring is tougher competition than RDR2 which was just a boring game with poor gameplay

Ragnarok will essentially need to deliver a similar scope to ER which is hard cause ER is already on its own in that regard. And ER obviously has very good gameplay, even if GOWR delivers something deeper
Yep. Is gonna be tougher for sure.

What GoW: Ragnarok has going for it is the story. That alone can tip de balance if it's as good as is shaping up to be.

Also the performance-graphics.

But I think...this is should/could be the "Surprise Mother fucker" factor:

Boss Battles.

I know is a tall order...but let's not forget that GoW has also a reputation to have crazy Boss battles.

Yeah...you are weird. I want more great games, not less. I want the next game to be the greatest I've ever played. I don't hope the next game is lesser because of some silly notion that the last game must be the best ever....cuz reasons.
There is nothing weird about that at all it my opinion vs your opinion

Draugoth

Gold Member
The trailer was undoubtedly an absolute success in terms of views on YouTube, where it already has exactly 4,243,697 views and going up. As a comparison with the big events held recently, God of War: Ragnarok has easily surpassed the number of views.

The views are as follows:
  • God of War: Ragnarok Trailer - 4,243,697 views
  • Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022 - 4,020,724 views
  • June's State of Play - 2,534,649 views
  • Summer Game Fest 2022 - 1,742,046 views

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Don't take his words but take mine
The gameplay is great outside of rally as that feels terrible
The grinding is bad though still takes way to long to get the cars
The grinding isn’t bad at all. Sardegna has been bugged since they included the 800pp race so you get a clean race no problem. $725k a pop.

And every update, they sneak in an exploit for us. Like the new menu glitch they allowed us to have to two weeks straight racking up millions, cars, and car parts.
The Walking Dead Easy Peasy GIF

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I will meet you in the middle and say that i want God of War Ragnarok to be better then 2018 GOW if that is possible
So Yes

I want God of War: R to be the best game ever and then I want Starfield to beat it. And on and on. Elden Ring is the past. It was awesome, but it shouldn't stop anyone from wanting better games.

Lupin25

Elden Ring is tougher competition than RDR2 which was just a boring game with poor gameplay

Ragnarok will essentially need to deliver a similar scope to ER which is hard cause ER is already on its own in that regard. And ER obviously has very good gameplay, even if GOWR delivers something deeper

Hard Disagree.

This is Rockstar we’re talking about here. The most well known developer in the industry. God of War winning in 2018 was monumental. Look at RDR2’s metrics.

Last edited:
I want God of War: R to be the best game ever and then I want Starfield to beat it. And on and on. Elden Ring is the past. It was awesome, but it shouldn't stop anyone from wanting better games.
Whoa there slow down it good to wanting better & better games and then there is this thing called reality
You and i both know more then half i would say more like 75% plus games come and they are major let down or is total trash
So don't expect every Big AAA game to be bangers after bangers

Lupin25

I mean yes but. There was also a very profound divide; the gameplay.

I enjoyed Elden Ring’s gameplay more, but these are two different genres and what Rockstar achieved on a technical level is nothing short of spectacular.

One of the greatest narratives in gaming.

I enjoyed Elden Ring’s gameplay more, but these are two different genres and what Rockstar achieved on a technical level is nothing short of spectacular.

One of the greatest narratives in gaming.
I was taking about Read Dead gameplay vs God of war Gameplay.

TLOU won more GOTY awards than GTAV back in 2013. Or God of War won more GOTY awards than RDR2 back in 2018.

It's not as impossible as you think.
There is this love affair with Elden Ring by the critics and voters i still can't see any other game challenging Elden Ring in 2022

Topher

Gold Member
Whoa there slow down it good to wanting better & better games and then there is this thing called reality
You and i both know more then half i would say more like 75% plus games come and they are major let down or is total trash
So don't expect every Big AAA game to be bangers after bangers

I didn't say "expect". I said "want". Massive difference. I'm certainly not going to dismiss the next game as "impossible" to be better than the last game as you've done.

It gone to be near impossible due to Elden Ring

Seems you can’t read. I said would be nice if both games win GOTY. Coming from someone who was hoping the game would be delayed. Yea you’re triggered.
CFg83hQ.jpg
Me voting for delay does not mean i am trigger ok
It was the info that i got at the time that is the reason i voted for delay

Last edited:

Lupin25

I was taking about Read Dead gameplay vs God of war Gameplay.

That’s true, I’d say God of War’s gameplay was better. But it still holds true, even between GOW & RDR2, that these are two different genres aimed at propelling in different aspects.

RDR2 is a narrative driven, open-world adventure game.

GOD 2018 is a narrative driven hack-and-slash action game (with a “semi-hub” open world).

But they’re pretty much the best of their kind.
My statement was more aligned with SSM knocking Rockstar off of their throne that year. That was a big deal.

Last edited:
That gif makes it look sus.😝
That’s true, I’d say God of War’s gameplay was better. But it still holds true, even between GOW & RDR2, that these are two different genres aimed at propelling in different aspects.

RDR2 is a narrative driven, open-world adventure game.

GOD 2018 is a narrative driven hack-and-slash action game (with a “semi-hub” open world).

But they’re pretty much the best of their kind.
My statement was more aligned with SSM knocking Rockstar off of their throne that year. That was a big deal.
Yep. I really wasn't expecting GoW to win.

Zeroing

Banned
In the media version of a famous football newspaper in Portugal they has starting cover video games, big headline and article about the God of war. That is how mainstream gaming as become due to having football matches with Playstation ads on the billboards.

In the media version of a famous football newspaper in Portugal they has starting cover video games, big headline and article about the God of war. That is how mainstream gaming as become due to having football matches with Playstation ads on the billboards.
Horrible analogy but ok

thats wild. i love the first game. its a top 10 all time game maybe for me. And my hype for the sequel is nearly dead. i paid enuff attention the other day just to find out the release date. which i've already forgotten. going radio silent for years and then stealth dropping a game is a good way to get me not to care apparently

Lupin25

That gif makes it look sus.😝

Yep. I really wasn't expecting GoW to win.

That’s what makes those moments so historic.

I don’t think anyone, including myself, could’ve predicted (especially based on their previous entries) GOW 2018 would be as good as it was, let alone possibly better than RDR2, until AFTER they played it.

Insane. SSM went immediately went to legendary status.

Wish we had more of those moments 😢

Last edited:

Madflavor

Given the amount of GotY awards that exist, and continue to grow I might add, if GoW:R weren't releasing this year then I guarantee Elden Ring would've blown past the previous record holder which was TLoU2. But now that GoW:R is being released this year, it's gonna be very interesting to see how this goes down. ER released in Feb, while GoW:R in November, so it will have the advantage of recency bias.

That’s what makes those moments so historic.

I don’t think anyone, including myself, could’ve predicted (especially based on their previous entries) GOW 2018 would be as good as it was, let alone possibly better than RDR2, until AFTER they played it.

Insane. SSM went immediately went to legendary status.

Wish we had more of those moments 😢
Santa Monica had that pedigree of legendary status. GoW for Ascension and the incubation initiative seem like was a distraction more like anything else. (At least this is what I can infer listening to interviews)

EDIT: and of course cancellation of Stig's game..

So ,in other words. Santa Monica was in a identity crisis for a while

Last edited:

Moses85

This game is going to be huge sales wise.

I don't see any competitor for this game in November with the exception of Call of Duty which has been in a decline with every entry and not to mentioned a different audience.

Sony just needs to produce more PS5s along with their system seller to capitalize on GOW2 release.

Sony really delivered on their quality games and quantity during the pendemic.
They will sell more PS4 versions than PS5 versions so this will be a no brainer.

GoW R. Will outsell ER without any doubt.

Fredrik

It gone to be near impossible due to Elden Ring
I used to think that too but now I don’t think so. The release hype will be at it’s peak right around when the voting take place. The criticism usually comes a couple months later. Remember that Halo Infinite was GAF’s GOTY and TGA’s Players choice. And it comes to PS5+PS4, it’s a huge userbase.

Top Bottom