• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Ragnarok PS5 Graphics Settings Revealed

DonJorginho

Banned
Not the biggest news ever but I know a lot of you care about this stuff as do I so thought I'd share this little tidbit of info.

ShopTo are a leading UK Gaming Retailer and have a partnership with PlayStation, they just released their little teaser emails prior to pre-orders going live tomorrow at 10am.

Under the previews of the boxart they had paragraphs covering features summary, nothing we hadn't already seen before, until we got into PS5 features, here's what they said, I'll bold the video settings section.

- Feel your journey through the Norse realms, made possible by immersive haptic feedback and adaptive trigger functionality.

- Take advantage of multidirectional 3D Audio; hear enemies approaching from any direction.

- Bask in the beautiful worlds you travel through, brought to life by precise art direction and arresting attention to detail.

- Switch between full 4K resolution at a targeted 30 frames per second, or dynamic resolution upscaled to 4K at a targeted 60fps

So there we have it

Native 4K + 30fps

or

Dynamic 4K Upscaled + 60fps

Happy with the results or were you expecting more for a crossgen title?

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Dynamic 4K Upscaled + 60fps

Ad-Rock Reaction GIF by Beastie Boys

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Lol I just posted about this... I was really hoping they shared the different features between the two modes. They're really going the extra mile to keep info under wraps, likely waiting until full fledged gameplay walkthrough to share more.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
60 fps on launch for this game....I'll risk it for God of war....

Then I can feel salty when all the patches come 6 months later and it runs even better.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Why dynamic 4k and not 4kcb like the first game? It was fine.

And no mention of vrr? This game better ship with vrr and a 40 fps patch on day one.

It was great, but it wasn't perfect. If they have a better solution with less artifacts, I'm ok with it.

It doesn't need VRR if the framerate never drops

VRR is always a good option. All game scenes aren't the same. VRR allows developers to be a little more ambitious with their visuals without worrying about the limitations of a locked framerate during heavy scenes. A perfectly locked framerate throughout an entire game most certainly means performance is left on the table somewhere.

Tqaulity

Shouldn't be a surprise at all...cross gen or not. This will be standard for any PS4 title targeting 1080p/30fps. PS5 is simply not powerful enough to take a 1080p/30fps title and upgrade it to native 4K/60fps. That's an 8x increase in raw throughout and the PS5 is ~6-7x GPU and 4-5x CPU faster than PS4. 4K/60fps would required DRS or reconstruction to deliver for a typical cross gen title.

Titles like GT7 are different BTW because the PS4 target is already 1080/60fps.

Adding a 40hz mode to the native 4K would be awesome! Also VRR support with an unlocked 60fps would be icing on the cake.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Seems pretty pointless. I was hoping they would make one proper mode and just offer vrr unlock for it.
Sounds redundant as dynamic 4k will probably end up close to 4k anyway.

I might try playing 4k30 if it feels good like uncharted4 remaster. But if it feels like demons souls 30fps mode... input lag city.
Proper motion blur and low input lag can go a long way.
And people who say 4k dont matter, clearly dont play with huge oled in their face :p That non native res can look like crap!

Last edited:
Top Bottom