• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarok Sequel teased by Tyr Voice Actor at PAX East 2023

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
god-of-war-ragnarok-sequel-hinted-by-tyr-voice-actor.png.webp

When discussing the role of Tyr in the God of War franchise, Ben Prendergast casually threw in this bit of info towards the end of the segment:

And I’ll say this, it isn’t the last you’ve seen of Tyr.

With the future of the God of War franchise, Ben said that he “knows a little, but doesn’t know much” about the next game in the series (he also humorously mentioned that he signed an NDA). He most likely has gotten word from some folks at Santa Monica that they are planning another God of War, but don’t have any story elements or ideas set in stone (or where it may take place).

god-of-war-ragnarok-sequel-egypt.jpg.webp

You may think this article seems to come from “trust me bro” information, but it’s more like “trust me and the hundreds of other people who attended the panel bro” information.

Gaiff

I bet it won't be a sequel but a DLC to tie up the loose ends of Ragnarok. I'm not even sure the voice actors would be aware of a sequel so early on.

My guess is:

A DLC that will focus on Atreus trying to find the giants. Tyr will be heavily involved because he was a big friend of theirs and you free him at the end of the game.

mortal

Gold Member
Has a God of War game ever received DLC before? Seems like it would be a first for the series.

Last edited:
Honestly I wasn't expecting another God of War for awhile. Considering Santa Monica almost always delivers though, if they have a good idea for the next one, I'm on board.
Probably it will be the cross gen title for the launch of PS6, the timing is right there

Last edited:
They're obviously going to make a new God of War regardless of whether it's part of the same duology as the last two games, I'm just disappointed they already used Greek mythology for the original series though as I would love to see a modern adaptation of it. Greek/Roman mythology are far and away my favorite mythology and while Norse is cool I have a harder time getting interested in it comparatively

I bet it won't be a sequel but a DLC to tie up the loose ends of Ragnarok. I'm not even sure the voice actors would be aware of a sequel so early on.

My guess is:

A DLC that will focus on Atreus trying to find the giants. Tyr will be heavily involved because he was a big friend of theirs and you free him at the end of the game.
There is no DLC for Ragnarok. This was confirmed by Sony Santa Monica a while ago. New game plus in a patch is the only thing that's happening similar to God of War 2018.

And the Norse mythology is over and done with. It will most likely be Egyptian.

Last edited:
Honestly I wasn't expecting another God of War for awhile. Considering Santa Monica almost always delivers though, if they have a good idea for the next one, I'm on board.

You won't see the next entry for another 5 to 6 years, give or take. That is a while...

ReBurn

Gold Member
Since they take like 5 or 6 years to make we wouldn't see it for a while anyway.

Varteras

Gold Member
Since they take like 5 or 6 years to make we wouldn't see it for a while anyway.
Yeah, like I said to someone else, I mean like 10 years or more. I just have this feeling that after Ragnarok people won't be as enthused about another entry even 5 years from now. Both games were fantastic. Just something that makes me feel like there needs to be a bigger gap.

Kokoloko85

I hope it shows Kratos going elsewhere. Loved the Norseverse, but its done now I guess.
But I feel it coul do with some DLC

Kokoloko85

Yeah, like I said to someone else, I mean like 10 years or more. I just have this feeling that after Ragnarok people won't be as enthused about another entry even 5 years from now. Both games were fantastic. Just something that makes me feel like there needs to be a bigger gap.

How could someone not want to play more GOW expecially with a few years break. Burn out happens with games like Assassins Creed and Cod every year. Not a game like GOW that come every 3-4 years. No reason for a bigger gap

Varteras

Gold Member
How could someone not want to play more GOW expecially with a few years break. Burn out happens with games like Assassins Creed and Cod every year. Not a game like GOW that come every 3-4 years. No reason for a bigger gap

It's just a feeling I have. I just get the impression that another God of War won't hit the same way these most recent two have.

Kusarigama

There is no doubt that another GoW game with Kratos will happen down the line but before that this could be a standalone dlc/expansion and also new Cory directed game is also in pipeline.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I dont know if I'm all that excited for this, Ragnarok pacing was tedious and story was messy with unsatisfying finale. I would say this whole "one shot" take is working against it rather than making experience better, especially the fact Dead Space pulls it off much better.

God of War shouldn't be like Assassin's Creed that keeps jumping between different setting and turning the story in to huge mess. Any good story its needs end at some point.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Hopefully they get some real writers, they made Kratos into Drax, and the dialog was so bad that even a soap opera would reject it.

Also the pacing fucking sucked, when it started to get interesting and fun, they brick walled you with having to play as the boy. The writing was worse than Marvel movies, and that's a pretty fucking low bar, I'm almost certain those have been AI generated for the past years... and the early days AI generation at that.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

If you saw the way GOW Reboot and Ragnarok ended you would know they are beating a dead horse attempting to continue the GOW franchise moving forward.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If you saw the way GOW Reboot and Ragnarok ended you would know they are beating a dead horse attempting to continue the GOW franchise moving forward.
They basically risk of doing same mistake as old God of Ward games, I liked God of War series but its about time Santa Monica moved on from the series and instead work on new IP.

sainraja

Some of you don't want to play another God of War, sure, I can understand that but if you are done with it, why should the rest of us have to wait? Just skip the next one if they are working on one. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom