• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarok Will Take Over 50 Hours For 100% Completion

Topher

Gold Member
run around listening for ravens.
such a journey......
Great game, but achievements like this are why I´ll never understand platinum trophy hunters. That just can`t be fun.

Some trophies are more worthwhile than others, granted. But for some of us it adds another element to the challenge. Finding Ravens or collectibles are definitely not the high points of trophies/achievements.

Caio

Sounds perfect to me, means it'll take more than 100h to fully enjoy in my slow-paced exploration. Preordered the deluxe version.

image.png
"means it'll take more than 100h to fully enjoy in my slow-paced exploration" ---> exactly my gaming habit ;)

Yeah, its like so many others said...its DLC for the first GoW. Oke you can play it for 50 hours. And according to many posters here (who played the game already) you can do it in 20 hours easy so....its still DLC🙄

Last edited:

GymWolf

Fine by me. I was expecting the game to be a trilogy and was quite disappointed that it'd end with the second game. I'm hoping that the side content will feature tons of information about the lore and the other gods we didn't get to meet.

The OG game remained fairly contained in terms of cast and number of characters. You only interact with a handful of gods and mythological figures when there are a dozen others mentioned.
I think that mimir narrating every little shit we see has to be absolutely expected and i'm all in for it.

Last edited:

Markio128

Too much bloat can be a bummer, but when a game’s combat, puzzles and general moment-to-moment gameplay are so well implemented, then it really isn’t an issue. The more the better, as far as I’m concerned.

K' Dash

I won’t be doing anything close to 100% and usually take more time than the average to finish games, so I’m good with the content.

It’s also good that people who love the game will spend a lot of time with it if they want to see everything

Drizzlehell

Banned
I will never understand why do people care about this shit, lol.

It instantly reminds me of that time when Dying Light 2 developers bragged about 500 hours on their game. Although 50 sounds about right since the previous God of War took roughly 20 hours to finish the main story, with probably another 20-30 to complete all the side stuff, and all the side stuff in that game was pretty inoffensive and entertaining. Probably the worst thing about any of the side content in that game was hunting for Odin's ravens, and even that was much more worthwile than collecting feathers in Assassin's Creed because at least there was an element of skill attached to the collectable hunt in GoW.

gow3isben

Yo seriously I have been asking this for ages now but when are we getting those tweets hyping this game up come on man many people are bound to have finished it. Give me the JUICE!

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Let’s hope this time it has enough variety in enemies and bosses to support 50 hours play time because original game absolutely did not.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I'm replaying the first game and I don't think I'm going to finish it. The puzzles feel like padding, the enemies are repetitive, there is too much backtracking, and the boy sounds like a modern American teenager.

I don't like it anywhere near as much as the original trilogy.

So as far as this game goes, I'm glad they are adding enemy variety, but it'll need more then that to keep me interested all the way through.

The original trilogy felt like an epic adventure whereas 2018 felt like a bit of a chore at times.
Run here, now go back here, now back here again. Okay, now do some mundane puzzles. Okay, now we'll let you do what you came here to do and engage in combat...except it's the same mediocre enemy you've been fighting for two hours.

Kimahri

Banned
I'm replaying the first game and I don't think I'm going to finish it. The puzzles feel like padding, the enemies are repetitive, there is too much backtracking, and the boy sounds like a modern American teenager.

I don't like it anywhere near as much as the original trilogy.

So as far as this game goes, I'm glad they are adding enemy variety, but it'll need more then that to keep me interested all the way through.

The original trilogy felt like an epic adventure whereas 2018 felt like a bit of a chore at times.
Run here, now go back here, now back here again. Okay, now do some mundane puzzles. Okay, now we'll let you do what you came here to do and engage in combat...except it's the same mediocre enemy you've been fighting for two hours.
I hated the hub bs with the canoe. Dull, slow, boring. And all that stuff you can do to complete the game 100%? Save for some obvious side quests I ignored pretty much everything. That treasure map bullshit can fuck off for all I care.

I really wish it had a timer so I knew how long I spent. Felt like something that should be 10-12 hours, drawn out to twice that for no other reason than because.

Overrated.

And I agree about the boy, but accents are all over the place.

Gamerguy84

I dont 100% any game. The tasks are too dumb. I probably do a few sidequests, especially if its to get a weapon or armor but thats about it.

I play a game for the meat of that game even if i play twice.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I hated the hub bs with the canoe. Dull, slow, boring. And all that stuff you can do to complete the game 100%? Save for some obvious side quests I ignored pretty much everything. That treasure map bullshit can fuck off for all I care.

I really wish it had a timer so I knew how long I spent. Felt like something that should be 10-12 hours, drawn out to twice that for no other reason than because.

Overrated.

And I agree about the boy, but accents are all over the place.
Yeah, many of these elements feel like padding. So now that they are bragging about how long this game is, I’m just imagining how much of it will be backtracking, pushing crates, and rowing. I have little interest in doing any of that.

They simply didn’t find a great way to pace the game in between the combat. They try throwing puzzles at the player, tons of backtracking filled with dialogue, etc
But none of it is close to being as fun as the combat, so it ends up feeling like padding at best and a waste of time at worst.

And again, in GoW 2018, even the combat was extremely limited in terms of enemy variety.

There are things I like about the game. I do think it’s highly overrated and nowhere near the best game of last generation.

Salz01

I just hope there isn’t a lot of padding and stupid puzzles. The first one felt like lots of backtracking and had some puzzles thst were just tedious.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Who "they"? And how it is long when the first game is roughly the same? I platinumed GOW2018 in 55 hours.
“They” are the game developers…who else?

“Long” is relative.
It’s too long when much of the playtime is allotted to pushing crates, rowing boats, & sliding through crevices, all in an effort to backtrack, with the only new content being dialogue, rather than interesting new enemies and combat scenarios.

Imo.

Like I said, I’m playing 2018 again, and I’m surprised at how much time is spent doing mundane tasks, that simply aren’t enjoyable, at least to me.

The puzzles are decent but not great. And they are surrounded by backtracking, rowing the boat, and sliding through crevices, forced walking sections and other repetitive speed bumps.

I know they have to break up the combat scenarios, and they have a story to tell…but I don’t think they executed that well. Especially because even the combat scenarios are repetitive.

In the classic trilogy, it felt like we were constantly fighting new enemies and engaging in interesting new scenarios. From new enemy types to insane boss battles, where you’re fighting inside of a living statue, to flying a Pegasus…Those games were both paced better and just had more content to pace out.

Last edited:
Eh I didn’t want to make a new thread for this. But a game bug fucked me out of platinum. One of the bosses that drops an item to craft a hilt didn’t drop. Apparently it’s a known issue with others. Hoping Sony Santa Monica drops a patch.

Gamerguy84

Eh I didn’t want to make a new thread for this. But a game bug fucked me out of platinum. One of the bosses that drops an item to craft a hilt didn’t drop. Apparently it’s a known issue with others. Hoping Sony Santa Monica drops a patch.

I'd be sending SSM an email complete with pics of that status. Fuck that

Top Bottom