• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War the legendary franchise

Kilau

Gold Member
They don't want people to realize how much modern GOW sucks, so they won't release any collection.
Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

A.Romero

Well deserved. I think it's one of the best modern gaming franchises. Great work by David Jaffe originally and refined by his successors.

Personally I like the newer one better. The old ones are pretty good but the formula had to be refreshed.

Looking forward to Ragnarok.

sainraja

I remember when I first played God of War. It was directly after playing Prince of Persia (I was looking for more games like POP) and God of War did address that need but I did not predict the type of character Kratos was going to be. The part where he grabs the guy, takes the necklace (if my memory is serving me) and throws him back in.....it made me laugh out loud and I also thought how horrible that was. I was totally expecting him to save him.

SSfox

I remember when I first played God of War. It was directly after playing Prince of Persia (I was looking for more games like POP) and God of War did address that need but I did not predict the type of character Kratos was going to be. The part where he grabs the guy, takes the necklace (if my memory is serving me) and throws him back in.....it made me laugh out loud and I also thought how horrible that was. I was totally expecting him to save him.
Yes, Kratos was almost a vilain character, this scene you talk about has an effect on me like "WOW this guy lmao", but the one where you sacrifie that prisoner was the most wow to me, i felt like i was the vilain and it was an original feeling in gaming, it was actually super refreshing and original to have a character like Kratos back then. It make you laugh also those kind of moment like "Dude Kratos what a mad man that doesn't care haha"

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Yes, Kratos was almost a vilain character,
Almost? Kratos is. He doesn't give a shit about anyone buy himself. His own goals are all that he cares about. In the original GoW series, you play the badguy. There are other badguys, like Aries, but Kratos is absolutely a villain.

SSfox

Almost? Kratos is. He doesn't give a shit about anyone buy himself. His own goals are all that he cares about. In the original GoW series, you play the badguy. There are other badguys, like Aries, but Kratos is absolutely a villain.
Yes absolutely, he only became less vilain only in new GOW, and honestly i think the transition was perfect and make total sens. Very few iconic characters were nailed in their reboots in such great level.

Swift_Star

Banned
Yes, Kratos was almost a vilain character, this scene you talk about has an effect on me like "WOW this guy lmao", but the one where you sacrifie that prisoner was the most wow to me, i felt like i was the vilain and it was an original feeling in gaming, it was actually super refreshing and original to have a character like Kratos back then. It make you laugh also those kind of moment like "Dude Kratos what a mad man that doesn't care haha"
Not almost was, he is the villain. He kills an entire society…

SafeOrAlone

Banned
They are all pretty fun, but God of War 2 is still my favorite one. Whenever I return to that game, I'm always amazed at the polish, pacing, and the way it holds up.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I remember first playing the original demo back on the PS2. Soon as I saw the Hydra I was a fan for life.

• Fire
Reactions: TLZ
Top Bottom