• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall: Challenger Edition launches December 7

Lognor

Banned
Yeah its dissapointing with getting this trash as the PS5 game. Gotta wait to see if at least Mortal Shell can get the free PS5 upgrade or is also locked like Greedfall was.
We don't know yet if Mortal Shell includes the PS5 upgrade? Damn, that will look really bad if it doesn't. The Game Pass version is the enhanced version. OOF!

Aenima

I am honestly done with ps plus . I am never renewing this shit.
I used to do so to play some online games like cod . But now I switched to pc , the ps5 online is useless to me . At least with the Xbox you get an actual games . This here is just shit.

Honestly I grew up on PlayStation but the amount of bullshit this cocksucker Jim is doing making me wish the whole company just fail and he never gets hired again just like that idiot from Xbox one era Don something .

These 2 guys are 2 sides of the same shit coin .

man the evil in me is rising ffs.
Lol i gotta love the Jim hatters for everething Sony drops the ball. You realize Sony had offered Driveclub PS+ edition wich was also not the full game. Or the Kings Quest Episode 1 that was free for everyone even without a PS+ sub. And Jim was not in charge?

You know what Jim did earlier this year though. Offered 11 games to everyone, no PS+ required. But lets not talk about stuff like that.

Aenima

We don't know yet if Mortal Shell includes the PS5 upgrade? Damn, that will look really bad if it doesn't. The Game Pass version is the enhanced version. OOF!
Diferent services, diferent deals. PS+ also got the next gen version of Contol while gamepass only had the last gen version.

//DEVIL//

Lol i gotta love the Jim hatters for everething Sony drops the ball. You realize Sony had offered Driveclub PS+ edition wich was also not the full game. Or the Kings Quest Episode 1 that was free for everyone even without a PS+ sub. And Jim was not in charge?

You know what Jim did earlier this year though. Offered 11 games to everyone, no PS+ required. But lets not talk about stuff like that.
Drive club was a day one ps+ game. And it was an AAA game or that what it was supposed to roll unfortunate delay that happened to it.so do not compare it to a 1 year old midcore game at its best that no one bought

Aenima

Drive club was a day one ps+ game. And it was an AAA game or that what it was supposed to roll unfortunate delay that happened to it.so do not compare it to a 1 year old midcore game at its best that no one bought
Driveclub at launch was pure trash. Game only got decent when they implemented rain and there was a good amount of DLC for it. Things that was not included in the PS+ version of the game. I downloaded the PS+ version. it was pretty much a demo. I ended up buying the full game later for 10€, and the diference was night and day.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Driveclub at launch was pure trash. Game only got decent when they implemented rain and there was a good amount of DLC for it. Things that was not included in the PS+ version of the game.
Game was trash or not it was supposed to be an AAA game . You talk as if godfall is the goty .
The idea when they released drive club online version it was a day one game . Not 1 year later like they are doing here.

Last edited:

Aenima

Game was trash or not it was supposed to be an AAA game . You talk as if godfall is the goty .
The idea when they released drive club online version it was a day one game . Not 1 year later like they are doing here.
Im not talking like Godfall is GOTY, im saying Sony did released demos, or free games on PS+ before. Is not a Jim Ryan thing like all the Jimbo hatter like to portrait.

//DEVIL//

Im not talking like Godfall is GOTY, im saying Sony did released demos, or free games on PS+ before. Is not a Jim Ryan thing like all the Jimbo hatter like to portrait.
Yes and I answered you . The plus + version or the demo version if you wanna call it that. Was a day one release of that game . Not 1 year later .
What is happening here is Sony acting like we are retards by just throwing us a bone of a midcore game one year later after it’s released . That’s just insulting and I am surprised how you don’t even see it ( no offense)

Last edited:

Aenima

why the hell they are charging 60$ per year ?
Because its more than worth it. Why is MS charging 60$ for GWG when PS+ games has been far superior?

This year PS+ offered:

January - Man Eater ; The Shadow of Tomb Raider ; Greedfall
February - Destroction Allstars ; Control ; Concrete Genie
March - Final Fantasy 7 R ; Maquette ; Remnant ; Farpoint

And just these 3 initial months alone are way more worth than 60$

And no, im not happy with this stripped out version of Godfall as a PS+ offer, but im gonna have fun with Mortal Shell and the Lego game and im not gonna prettend i was that interested in Godfall to begin with to make this a big deal, when it has been happened before. I also can recognize the good things Jim does, not just the bad ones.

Last edited:

mrBandoza

Neo Member
Is it a little bit of an overreaction in this thread? Too bad the campaign isn’t part of it but before I have troed it I won’t jump to conclusions whether it is a good mobe or not. It could be great, it could be bad.

Maybe put this thread om hold, try the offered version and come back and give an opinion? :)

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Because its more than worth it. Why is MS charging 60$ for GWG when PS+ games has been far superior?

This year PS+ offered:

And no, im not happy with this stripped out version of Godfall as a PS+ offer, but im gonna have fun with Mortal Shell and the Lego game and im not gonna prettend i was that interested in Godfall to begin with to make this a big deal, when it has been happened before. I also can recognize the good things Jim does, not just the bad ones.

Yeah. I've never understood this idea that PS+ should be where people are getting the games that they have held out playing or that they should, as a matter of course, get a AAA game every month. The free content each year has, by and by, pretty much paid for the forced online fee (which PS+ essentially is).

To be fair.

It's free of charge together with the mtiplayer on pc.

On playstation you pay for plus, so it's understandable that people can be pissed about it.

I don't disagree, but that's not what HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 and his ilk were even arguing.

Their point was that it was because of Sony that Gearbox has decided to offer them a glorified demo to put on PS+. The fact that EGS got the same deal kills that silly argument dead.

That PS players have to pay a sub to access this shitty demo compared to PC players is of course a thing, but tbf it's no different from the fact that that $60/yr annual PS+ sub is being played for access to MP gaming, where it's free on PC too. As such, console gamers can't really be pissed about the former while happily accepting the latter. That's logically inconcistent.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
That PS players have to pay a sub to access this shitty demo

You aren't paying for access to games - you are paying for access to MP. There was a period of time where I didn't do any MP and I just canceled my PS+ because I didn't need it.

. . .also calling it a demo is trite. Having now played the full-game (heavy discounted) the campaign is not what anyone is going to be writing home about and people aren't missing anything. The "worst" thing GF:C does is shove the player immediately into the endgame which is all the campaign is meant to prep you for anyway. Depending on what this will cost, it is no different than RDR2 spinning off it's online mode into a new campaign (or Ghost of Tsushima's upcoming - if it already isn't released yet - standalone Legends client).

And really, at the end of the day, as has already been said in this thread, you don't have to download the game. You should have already gotten a healthy helping of free content by being a PS+ subscriber (not even including all the titles in the PS Plus Collection).

//DEVIL//

This year PS+ offered:

man-eater ? anyway fair enough. some of the games you listed are fine. but you still gotta admit this is a shitty move what they did with godfall.

oh and MS games with gold is a joke. thank god for game pass.

You aren't paying for access to games - you are paying for access to MP. There was a period of time where I didn't do any MP and I just canceled my PS+ because I didn't need it.

. . .also calling it a demo is trite. Having now played the full-game (heavy discounted) the campaign is not what anyone is going to be writing home about and people aren't missing anything. The "worst" thing GF:C does is shove the player immediately into the endgame which is all the campaign is meant to prep you for anyway. Depending on what this will cost, it is no different than RDR2 spinning off it's online mode into a new campaign (or Ghost of Tsushima's upcoming - if it already isn't released yet - standalone Legends client).

And really, at the end of the day, as has already been said in this thread, you don't have to download the game. You should have already gotten a healthy helping of free content by being a PS+ subscriber (not even including all the titles in the PS Plus Collection).
Don't quote parts of my post out of context. Read the whole thing and you'll realise you've just repeated what I already said.

manfestival

Plan on playing this game through the epic store cause of frreeeeeeeeee. This game always seemed like it had so much more potential.

Wildebeest

I looked into this because the blurb on the Epic game store confused me as to what it was. I barely registered the game when it released, as I thought it looked visually impressive (with weak art direction) but very bare bones. Most people who played this seemed to complain that the story mode was instantly forgettable and burnt on it out before they could get to end game. I believe the store when it sells starting at "end game" is a positive feature. But this only sells the game to people who tried it, got bored and sold their copy, but wanted to try again. If the game is so boring that people burn out fast, then why spend any time grinding loot in end game at all?

Top Bottom