• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall Cinematic Intro: The Fall + New Godfall PS5 Gameplay Gameplay breakdown! Fire!!!

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Besides spider man this is shaping up to be the game I would be most excited for on PS5, getting it on PC however.

Yep this is getting better each time I see it. Amazing progress.

PS5 exclusive right?

Also I don't know about you guys but I hate it when games go over the top with the different effects during combat.

ITS SO FUCKING HARD TO SEE WHAT IM HITTING IN THAT CLOUD OF SPARKS, DUST, PISS AND SHIT that is covering the screen after doing a combo or simply parrying an attack.

WHY THE FUCK DO GAMES GO OVER THE TOP WITH EFFECTS ?!!

God of War on PS4 has this problem. Lots of youtube videos out there of people with near max builds and you can't see shit when they're in combat.

Last edited:

Dogman

I personally really not fan of the enemy designs, I'm not even sure what they are and they don't really have interesting attack patterns, I just can't get excited about this game.
I think its a case of needing to play it to really get into that zone. I know when I was watching Hades gameplay it didnt seem like all that, but after playing it even just a few minutes it definitely felt much better and I got what the hype was about

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I think its a case of needing to play it to really get into that zone. I know when I was watching Hades gameplay it didnt seem like all that, but after playing it even just a few minutes it definitely felt much better and I got what the hype was about
But I don't think this game is story heavy and its mostly about fighting and looting and if thats case then fun and interesting enemy designs should top priority here.

I mean half the fun of games like Monster Hunter is fighting interesting creatures that has crazy attack patterns.

Last edited:

BlvckFox

Gold Member
Story trailer was pretty hype. Despite the wildly oversaturated colors, the Gameplay looks super fun!
I think our low expectations of this are working in our favor, it looks better and better as we see more of it.
Excited to give it a try

I'm not saying I'm sold, but man this game has improved since it was first shown. Looks a million times better, more fun and more impressive.

KiNeMz

Banned
To me it looks to flashy. Too many effects. But it is looking better.

It goes to show something actually. When the first gameplay trailers hit, there was a weapon collision problem, there was none. You notice every single swing of a weapon just travels right through the enemy. Now they have added sound effects and screen shake to the weapon collision which makes a world of difference. I just wish that next gen brought on better interaction with weapons', weight and the object they are striking all creating physics based feedback.

But Im definitely keen on this. But not for $125 AUD.

Last edited:
Looking good. The gameplay and effects look amazing. So far I have Miles Morales and Demon's Souls pre-ordered. I might add Godfall to my list.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Also I don't know about you guys but I hate it when games go over the top with the different effects during combat.

ITS SO FUCKING HARD TO SEE WHAT IM HITTING IN THAT CLOUD OF SPARKS, DUST, PISS AND SHIT that is covering the screen after doing a combo or simply parrying an attack.

WHY THE FUCK DO GAMES GO OVER THE TOP WITH EFFECTS ?!!

God of War on PS4 has this problem. Lots of youtube videos out there of people with near max builds and you can't see shit when they're in combat.
I felt this a lot with marvel vs capcom 3 and dragonball fighterz.

jaysius

Banned
Reminds me of Darksiders 3.

Some games choose to be launch titles because otherwise they'd never be seen/cared about.

Extremely spongey enemies are an awful crutch.

Last time I saw a trailer it looked like blurry, way too shiny eye cancer. Now it looks quite a bit better. Still a bit too shiny for my taste, but overall it's fine.

GrayFoxPL

Turbo Souls looks good.

IVZ3fOA.gif

I see the framerate is more stable than what it was shown before. But it still not "there" yet.
I hope they'll polish that aspect more because the "critics" will tear them a new a-hole on release.

Way too many effects imo.

Didn’t find the old footage appealing as it looked too bland but this just looks like a mess of colours so much so that you can’t tell what’s going on.

Top Bottom