• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall Q2 update details valorplate 'shards'

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/godfall-developer-blog-february-24-2022/4561875

Kudos to counterplay for continuing to support this game. If it launched with matchmaking I felt it would have saved some of those early perceptions.

497b6fc21cecf7e62ae2e5550323b22097b34d01.jpeg

On behalf of the entire team at Counterplay, thank you for coming with us on our journey through Aperion. Thanks to the feedback and guidance from YOU, our players, we’ve forged a stronger and more engaging Godfall since we launched over a year ago!

One of our many aspirations with Godfall’s gear system was to create “the tinkerer’s dream” - a deep and engaging toolkit for creating builds that resonate with each and every player’s unique playstyle. After the releases of Primal and Cursed gear last year, we were excited to see the variety of builds shared in our Reddit, Discord and Youtube communities.

When it comes to the tinkerer’s dream, one point of feedback we’ve been keen to address since launch is the role of your Valorplate and its lack of unique gameplay identity. We took a cautious first step by updating our ailment system with the Lightbringer update, allowing each Valorplate to use their ailments for different purposes - whether playing as Typhon to chill the enemy and slow its speed or playing as Moebius to curse the enemy and reduce its damage output. Since then, we’ve been eager to take the next step to address this feedback further.

That’s why we want to talk about Valorplates today! After absorbing months of feedback and suggestions, we’re ready to fulfill the power fantasy all you Valorian Knights are craving!

Introducing Valorplate Shards​

Valorplates have always had a core mechanic or ailment they focus on, along with a unique augment constellation and powerful Archon Fury ability. Despite this, there weren’t enough “game changers” in each Valorplate’s playstyle, and as a result the moment-to-moment combat loop for each Valorplate felt too similar.

Introducing, Valorplate Shards. With our next major update, players will be able to unlock four unique Shards per Valorplate. Every Shard contains a power that will transform the combat experience in ways that set each Valorplate apart.

In this blog we’ll unveil the Shards of four Valorplates, with more to follow in the upcoming weeks with additional blogs. Please keep in mind that the information (the numbers, visuals, or descriptions) are not final and subject to change before the update goes live. Let’s dive in!

ClosBSAS

dead game is obvious dead game. i wanted to like it, cause am a weirdo and i enjoy game slike this. but damn son. was this boring af.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I had a lot of fun with friends after this launched on ps+.

We'll be busy with Elden Ring for a bit, but would definitely jump back in later. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't even finish unlocking half the armor sets yet.

If you like third person action games with weighty combat and have a few friends to play with, this game is worth checking out.

Arthimura

I passed this game on PS5 release, wanted to try when they gave the game on PS Plus, but they gave a capped version where you can't play the campaign and you starts the game overpowered to be able to play multiplayer.

kingpotato

I passed this game on PS5 release, wanted to try when they gave the game on PS Plus, but they gave a capped version where you can't play the campaign and you starts the game overpowered to be able to play multiplayer.
I mean... You do have to play the opening of the game totally underpowered. It took a little over an hour before I got to the hub and unlocked the different modes, maybe as much as 90 minutes. You still have to unlock a ton of stuff and play to get new equipment. There's a surprising amount of content to left to unlock and explore at that level honestly.

Arthimura

I mean... You do have to play the opening of the game totally underpowered. It took a little over an hour before I got to the hub and unlocked the different modes, maybe as much as 90 minutes. You still have to unlock a ton of stuff and play to get new equipment. There's a surprising amount of content to left to unlock and explore at that level honestly.
I probably woun't have time so soon for Godfall, in the next few months I'm going to focus on Elden Ring, Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, Ghostwire: Tokyo and Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins, but in the future, if I decide to try Godfall I'm planning to get the full version and reject the boost from the PS Plus version, because I would like to experiment the game from the beginning.

kingpotato

I probably woun't have time so soon for Godfall, in the next few months I'm going to focus on Elden Ring, Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, Ghostwire: Tokyo and Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins, but in the future, if I decide to try Godfall I'm planning to get the full version and reject the boost from the PS Plus version, because I would like to experiment the game from the beginning.
Yeah, that's totally cool too. I just know a lot of people were pretending like the PS+ version had no content or was severely limited when in fact it seems to have all the content from the main game except for the story. For me personally story is a second class citizen in a game. It needs to be fun to play and the PS+ version is that.

SeraphJan

The game itself is not that bad, the problem is there are far better games in the same genre out there, making it less reason to finish this game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom