• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla Vs Kong Official Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
And don't forget all those Titans are still out there !

BNDoyW.gif

FunkMiller

Gold Member
#TeamKong

Fuck that lizard prick.

...j/k.

There‘s no way this will actually be Godzilla vs Kong. Both IP far too valuable to chuck under the bus (see also Batman v Superman, Freddy vs Jason, Civil War etc.) but looking forward to watching them both beat on Mecha.

As long as it ain’t as dark and blurry as G:KOTM I’ll be happy.

Stupid little girl plot is stupid, though.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Not gonna lie, that was hype as fuck.

Some of the CGI was pretty bad, but I'm always down with Godzilla wrecking shit. He better not lose to Kong ,especially now that the movie is pulling a "Kong = good guy, Zilla = bad guy" bullshit.

Aggelos

Jordan Vogt-Roberts' remarks (director of Kong Skull Island and the forthcoming Metal Gear Solid film adaptation)

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Kong has grown since the '70s (when Kong SKull Island took place). He was still an adolescent back then. Now (since Godzilla Vs Kong takes place in the present day) Kong is an adult
In the 70's one they had him in a cargo hold. Here he's laying on the deck the whole length of the ship. A BIT larger I think.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
mechagodzilla is pretty much garaunteed from the toy line leaks awhile back (though he could’ve been scrapped)

my guess is the “godzilla is on a rampage” plot is actually just mecha
And maybe the real Godzilla arrives to say the day and Godzilla and Kong walk off into the sunset holding hands, to the tune 'Let me tell you bout my best friend'.

Aggelos

This a reddit leak.
Legit or not, major spoilers ahead.

Updated Sayaka Godzilla Vs. Kong Leak Thread *Major Spoilers* : Monsterverse (reddit.com)

• Godzilla's dorsal plates resemble the GKOTM design.

• Lots of science fiction elements and future technologies. GvK is not as realistic as the previous MonsterVerse movies. The level of human technology will remind you of Pacific Rim or the MCU movies.

• Mechagodzilla can fight at close range or use powerful energy weapons.

• The Hong Kong battle between Godzilla and Kong is about 5 minutes. It's a completely continuous action scene that doesn't switch to the human story. Godzilla looks very beast-like, incredibly violent.

• Concept art shows Kong climbing atop a building in Hong Kong while Godzilla tries to shoot him down with the atomic breath.

• Kong's territory now is the Hollow Earth world with sufficient radiation. The radiation on the surface of Skull Island is limited, which may cause Kong's species to shrink. This might explain why this Kong is so big while his ancestors were smaller.

• The aircraft carrier that Godzilla and Kong fight on is a normal aircraft carrier and a tribute to the raft from the original King Kong vs. Godzilla.

• The Hong Kong battle between Godzilla and Kong is the climax of the movie. This battle is an absolute epic. It will decide who the real #1 monster is. The battle with Mechagodzilla is the second climax because MG is a huge threat to everyone.

• Hong Kong battle is 1v1, 1v1, 2v1.

• Flying snake Titan seen in the toy leaks fights Kong and lives in the Hollow Earth.

• Godzilla will have cool new powers.

• Severed Ghidorah head has rotted and is now mostly bones. It's kept in the Apex laboratory.

• There is a link between Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla.

• The movie will focus on King Kong and Godzilla, can't say that Rodan and Mothra will never come back, but they definitely won't be main characters.

• Lots of tributes to King Kong vs. Godzilla.

• Mechagodzilla is the ultimate villain of the film, the final battle between him, Kong, and Godzilla takes place in Hong Kong amidst neon lights at night. Very Pacific Rim-like.

• Toy leaks do not do Mechagodzilla justice.

• Apex is an evil corporation much like Umbrella from Resident Evil.

• GvK will be bigger in scale compared to GKOTM, with more new monsters.

• CGI is much better than GKOTM, more akin to G14 and KSI.

Godzilla and Kong's final battle will be a 1 on 1 fair fight with a clear winner between the two.

• Neither Godzilla or Kong kill the other, but one may die against Mechagodzilla.

• Kong has no superpowers, he uses brute force, speed, and weapons to battle.

• Kong is quite powerful now. He's not only 300+ feet tall, he even wounds Godzilla with a weapon.

• Mechagodzilla resembles his Showa design with lots of destructive weapons.

• Kong wields a giant axe.

• Human narrative revolves around exploring the Hollow Earth and shining a light on the ancient origins of the Titans and the civilizations who worshiped and feared them.

Last edited:

Prison Mike

Banned
If you know annnnnything about the original film, you know Kong is going down - and rightfully so - the only saving grace is he's protecting that girl - otherwise him and that military troop - per the original movie were up to evil misdoings - planning to create apocalyptic level chaos worldwide. At least if they didn't deviate from the source material. And this was whether Kong knew it or not (he was aware of this at some level in the original). Enter Godzilla, who only showed up to very literally save Humanity. Though the story is from Kong's perspective.

Kong's going down. And Kong ain't no King of The Monsters.

Edit: The story literally goes like this in the original - Godzilla found a way to communicate with Human Civilization through advanced computers/AI/brain interfacing - Hong Kong Intelligence find's out of a dastardly plan being pursued by Kong/Crew - and they immediately ask Godzilla, who is hanging out near Hong Kong to save humanity from this militaristic terrorism scheduled to commence - Godzilla swims allllll the way back to America from Hong Kong and handles it. The only saving grace for Kong is he's protecting that little girl. Otherwise he's ready to bash out mayhem and cause Chaos/mass death across the world.

The original film saw Kong using a weapon on Godzilla too, then Godzilla decided Kong was suddenly serious business and Annihilates Kong almost instantly, like he was nothing but some punk all along.

After this, the films become mecha based, giant fembots with swords vs monsters ect
king kong middle finger GIF

sol_bad

This movie looks like great fun and it's being sent to die. Pretty frustrating really. It will probably do even worse than WW84 at the box office.

SinDelta

Actually pretty excited for this (and the inevitable Batman vs Superman comparisons).

Edit-
Skull Island was a fun Vietnam era take though it does not reach the heights, length and depravity of Peter Jackson's movie.
King of the Monsters was absolute shit as a regular movie but top 5 in Godzilla movies (ironic sorta reversal of 1998 Godzilla which is a amazing monster movie but a absolute shit Godzilla movie).
Godzilla 14 is forever lesser for
killing off Bryan Cranston before the end of act 1.
Trailers are still some of the best I've ever seen for a movie.

Last edited:

eMPOK

Ready to put my mind in neutral, forget the world, and soak up this glorious insanity. Also its dropping while I'm due to be in quarantine, so... day#1!

It's Mecha Godzilla fighting Kong.

Kong will go toe to toe with Mecha Godzilla and the real Gozilla and Kong will team up to face Mecha or there will be another titan for them to go off against.

Chances are Kong and the real Godzilla will team up in this movie. Of that I am 100% certain. I will put money on it.

team 'Zilla! so hype for this movie. hell I might travel out of state just to see it in theater.

as for the story, that's not really my focus. I'm here to see big ass monsters fuck shit up. as much as I dislike the story in KOM, the action left me very satisfied, so if they got that part down, I'm fine with whatever story they want to go with. thou I imagine it'll be something like the following.

Godzilla seemingly went on a rampage (but actually it's Mechazilla doing the work or baiting Godzilla to do the damage), human went to Skull Island to capture Kong and bring it to fight Godzilla. insert girl from KOM side story with splices of native girl who Kong is trying to protect. the 2 monsters finally fight each other, both got injured with Mechazilla popping out and surprise attack them. more Mechazilla rampage. more human and monster bonding side story. finally Kong and Godzilla get together and tag team Mechazilla. once the battle has won, Kong just want to get back to his island and chill. Godzilla still is king. we see some sort of hybrid half Mecha Ghidorah at the end credit to tease us for the next movie.

anyone who seriously think that Japan would lend out the Godzilla license to either be a legit bad guy or lose for real need to watch more (Godzilla) movies.

Aggelos

Zilla can shoot lasers bro. Kong just has a stick with a rock tied to it.

Not a rock, probably one of Godzilla's dorsal fins/spines (that's Kong's "Battle-Axe", a stick with Godzilla's dorsal fin attached to one end). That's why it can counteract Godzilla's atomic breath

Umbasaborne

Banned
Looks like a blast, though part of me wishes they hadn’t abandoned the more grounded, somber tone and atmosphere of godzilla 2014.

Not fucking children ffs!!! and especially not that girl from that Stranger Things, can't stand her...

Also some scenes near the end seem to include alien spacecraft?

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

#TeamKong

Fuck that lizard prick.

...j/k.

There‘s no way this will actually be Godzilla vs Kong. Both IP far too valuable to chuck under the bus (see also Batman v Superman, Freddy vs Jason, Civil War etc.) but looking forward to watching them both beat on Mecha.

As long as it ain’t as dark and blurry as G:KOTM I’ll be happy.

Stupid little girl plot is stupid, though.

I hope Kong wins but him losing is more likely. I'm pretty sure they are planning more Godzilla sequels so they don't want him to look bad. I'm going to be suprised if Kong gets a sequel.

Edit: I posted wrong link at first.

Last edited:

Fortunate_Son

Neo Member
Looks fantastic. I am excited to be going back to the Cinema if that's even allowed. This is going to a fun watch. I can't wait. I watched both Kong: SI and Godzilla: KotM.

When is this coming out? Didn't catch the dates on the trailer?

Super-amped and I'm both team Godzilla and Kong. Hahaha.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
What is it about hollywood that makes it so utterly incapable of making a Godzilla movie?
It's literally a Godzilla movie. Perhaps you could elaborate some more? Let's not pretend the old movies are cinematic masterpieces. Outside of the first one, they're all varying degrees of fun but bad movies.

HE1NZ

Banned
It's literally a Godzilla movie. Perhaps you could elaborate some more? Let's not pretend the old movies are cinematic masterpieces. Outside of the first one, they're all varying degrees of fun but bad movies.
None of American Godzilla movies leave any impression of an actual monster coming to town. Maybe only Cloverfield did. All the wacky lightning and videogame camera angles just ruin it. They spend hundreds of millions of $ on them, but can't beat this:

Jethalal

Banned
To those who doubt,

ViewerAnon is a reliable leaker who has leaked plot points and reactions of movies like Suicide Squad, WW84, Justice League and basically all WB movies. If he is saying this, then believe it for real, we are in for a ride.

Aggelos

Why is Kong the good monster and Godzilla the bad one?

Well according the 10-month old leak from reddit.

Some organization, used Ghidorah's remaining head (remember the post-credits scenes from Godzilla KOTM) to make Mechagodzilla, and I theorize they wanna use it to annihilate all the titans.
Therefore, no wonder why Godzilla got angry with humans.

"Godzilla vs Kong" officially has a runtime of 147 minutes, according to an Australian cinema website. : Monsterverse (reddit.com)

e2e0eqmyfed61.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom