• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla Vs Kong Official Trailer

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
tenor.gif

Fbh

Ohh yes, more kids and teen characters!!!.

But I guess 15-20 minutes that will actually be Godzilla vs Kong will be some dumb fun.

Atrus

Gold Member
Pretty excited for this. As long as they don't pull off some sort of Batman vs. Superman "Save Mothra!" shenanigans or have the battle ended by the pure-hearted kids coming between them and demanding they stop, it'll be great to see how it turns out.

Loki

Count of Concision
They clearly shrunk Godzilla from the form of the earlier two recent movies. He was like 300-350 feet tall in those. Now he's only slightly bigger than Kong, looking like ~200 feet.

Chiggs

They clearly shrunk Godzilla from the form of the earlier two recent movies. He was like 300-350 feet tall in those. Now he's only slightly bigger than Kong, looking like ~200 feet.

And he's also taking a lot of hits from Kong. He gets punched in the face, shoved off a boat, then hammer blow'd, then hit with an energy blocking melee weapon.

They're clearly making him weak so Kong can look good.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, the original had Godzilla rape Kong before literal lighting struck him for a powerboost like he was FUCKING popeye after he ate his spinach.

TrebleShot

Love these movies,
The new versions accurately caputure the power on show and it fun to see the titans go at it.

Boyond that its popcorn movie, nothing more, nothing less.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
What kong can do against atomic breath?!

They need to heavily nerf godzy to give kong a chance...

Kong is more agile. He can easily dodge attacks but yes if he does get hit/stunned he would have no chance. Will be interesting to see how they tackle the fights. My guess will be a lot of cuts back and forth between human dramas and the fights just like previous movie which was annoying and just fuck any logic whatsoever.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Kong is more agile. He can easily dodge attacks but yes if he does get hit/stunned he would have no chance. Will be interesting to see how they tackle the fights. My guess will be a lot of cuts back and forth between human dramas and the fights just like previous movie which was annoying and just fuck any logic whatsoever.
My theory on that has a couple of layers.
1. It's expensive as fuck every second there is a monster on screen.
2. How do you choreograph a giant dinosaur lizard without it looking silly.
3. Less is more.
4. Human lives are at stake. Moviegoers are perceived to be dumb so they need to keep showing them.

That's my theory on what the makers of these movies have to consider anyway. I wouldn't mind a much larger ratio of monster fight to human interaction. I'd also love a transformer movie without any humans but I doubt that'll happen.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
So whos the villain, whats the villain, another one of those bone creatures from underground tunnels? The hydra from the second movie reborn?

Of course, they are going to team up against it,

I can see the last scene being Kong being knocked out, then Godzilla and the creature falling off the edge, and are dangling over a volcano, the bone creature(hydra) falls to its death while Godzilla loses his grip and is caught by Kong.

Kong pulls up Godzilla and Respect has been earned between both creatures.

ETC ETC

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
My theory on that has a couple of layers.
1. It's expensive as fuck every second there is a monster on screen.
2. How do you choreograph a giant dinosaur lizard without it looking silly.
3. Less is more.
4. Human lives are at stake. Moviegoers are perceived to be dumb so they need to keep showing them.

That's my theory on what the makers of these movies have to consider anyway. I wouldn't mind a much larger ratio of monster fight to human interaction. I'd also love a transformer movie without any humans but I doubt that'll happen.
You know, that Transformers cybertron show is all robots and what it really does is highlight how dumb a planet of transforming anthropomorphic robots actually is. Same would be true of an all monster film. You'd quickly develop monster fatigue.

I recently watched the Dwayne Johnson RAMPAGE flick and it was a decent blend of silly human melodrama with silly giant monster destruction. You NEED that human element to craft the story. The trick is to have the humans react in a realistic way to the monsters and make internally logical decisions that fit the plot and create tension and stakes for the viewer.

Aggelos

"The Trailer for GodzillaVsKong has already surpassed the total view-count of ‘The Batman’ Trailer (27.7M) and ‘WW84’ Trailer 2 (26.1M) with 28.3M views on YouTube in only 2 days. It’s set to pass the trailers for ‘Dune’ & ‘Tenet’ within the coming days."

Aggelos

Haha, what the hell?
Godzilla Vs Kong's release date just got a tiny push-back for the States. Other territories seem to be unaffected, though

Last edited:

Arkam

First minute of the trailer almost turned me off entirely. Looked worthless. After that it looked pretty entertaining. Music was almost painful and the idea of an ancient "war" looks lame. But damn do I love two big monsters involved in a good old fashion sloberknocker!

Elysion

Banned
im serious they should throw spiderman in this movie

and venom

and fucking freddy kreuger

jason

aliens predator all that shit

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if we see some crazy crossover like that within this decade. Godzilla is Warner Bros., so why not have a Godzilla vs Superman movie? Hell, let’s bring the whole Justice League into it. Something like that might be the only way for DC to compete with the MCU.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Haha, what the hell?
Godzilla Vs Kong's release date just got a tiny push-back for the States. Other territories seem to be unaffected, though

Maybe to lower piracy in the rest of the world for that first week?

GamingKaiju

This looks like it’ll be pure dumb fun 🤩 can’t wait!

As long as my boi zillia don’t die and both face off against a Jeager or a Kaiju for good measure. If cinemas are open for this then I’ll be there.

VulcanRaven

Netflix and Legendary annnounce Skull Island anime series:

Skull Island will be a new chapter in Legendary’s Monsterverse franchise and much like the 2017 Jordan Vogt-Roberts- directed movie Kong: Skull Island, the animated series will follow the adventures of shipwrecked characters that are trying to escape from the mysterious dangerous titular island home to prehistoric monsters, including the titan, Mr. Kong.

Legendary’s Monsterverse kicked off in 2014 with Godzilla and then Kong: Skull Island followed by Godzilla: King of the Monsters in 2019. Things will come to a head in the next Monsterverse chapter with Godzilla vs. Kong which recently released a catastrophically jaw-dropping trailer. The new animated series will continue the story of these monsters and myths.

Brian Duffield (Underwater, The Babysitter) who will write and executive produce the anime series alongside Jacob Robinson who will executive producer under his company Tractor Pants. The animation studio behind Skull Island is Powerhouse Animation which is the company behind Castlevania and Blood of Zeus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom