• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla Vs Kong Official Trailer

For kong it’s likely to help humanize this titan to give a sense of empathy. Whereas with KotM it was mainly an excuse to get 11 from Stranger things in their film.

Seemingly this though in Kong's case it's also probably because they don't want a giant ape horny over a woman, so a child let's it be some kinship junk.

Codes 208

Frankly I’m more curious as why the main human villain from the last movie looked more like a Sith Lord than a ecoterrorist

MayauMiao

The movie will predictably have Godzilla and King Kong in a tie/team up so not to offend fans of both classic monster, which I think is going to be kind of lame.

I also see a bunch of non Godzilla Fans (IE: people that haven't seen allll the original films) citing MechaGodzilla musssst be the true villain. If this film stick's to the original Material - No.

MechaGodzilla was a way to combat Other Monsters without calling on Godzilla for help. MechaGodzilla had been in the works for a long time. But still at this point was not fully ready, and it was made clear during the film if he was utilized it may be to their own misfortune as MechaGodzilla needed far more work at that point. They started building MechaGodzilla over a decade before, as they didn't know if they would even be able to set up reliable communication with Godzilla - who seemed to me humanities ally - so America/Allies began work on MechaGodzilla.

It is deployed during this film before it is ready, Hong Kong is aware and let's Godzilla know they have a way to combat monsters but it's not quiet ready. They communicate to Godzilla that they know Kong is Involved but don't know how or why, so they tell Godzilla to use his own judgement before engaging with Kong as he may in fact not be connected to the militaristic terrorist's plans directly.

Godzilla goes in expecting maybe Kong will fight, but largely ignores Kong and in fact nearly kills Kong just by knocking him into the ocean. Godzilla then turns his focus towards neutralizing the Military Terrorists heading towards US waters. Largely ignoring Kong all together. American's at large are not aware Hong Kong has a direct line/form of communication with Godzilla.

Fun Fact: Godzilla per the original films, always on Humanities side. Has the word God in his name - Has been Knocked out but has never lost a full on confrontation carried full term. Always wins in the end.

Last edited:
I think it's still weird that people debate who will win in any movie with "vs" in the title with licensed characters facing off. There never is a clear winner and it's usually some kind of a draw.

I can't stand Millie Bobby Brown. Maybe because she reminds me of Halsey, which I also can't stand her damn face.

Razvedka

Banned
I feel like if you have the technology to build mechagodzilla, and it could pose a credible threat to other organisms (like Godzilla), then you have more than enough tech to simply build a missile that will penetrate 800ft into godzilla and kill him.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

I feel like if you have the technology to build mechagodzilla, and it could pose a credible threat to other organisms (like Godzilla), then you have more than enough tech to simply build a missile that will penetrate 800ft into godzilla and kill him.
I see you've never watched Pacific Rim. I highly recommend it.

Aggelos

The winged creatures that appeared in the trailer are called Hellhawks.
Hellhawks resemble giant bats with hawk-like heads.

jiKJnly.jpg

Last edited:

Shouta

Can someone remind me, was Mecha Godzilla hinted at in the last film?
The post-credits scene had the Ghidorah head being recovered which means they could use it for something which lead people to think a mecha godzilla or a mecha ghidorah.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Are they viewbotting to generate hype or what? Makes no sense for the trailer to have that many views.

Last edited:

showernota

My only issue with KOTM was the scenes where the boring humans are running around on the ground and seem unphased by the ginormous monsters fighting a few yards away. The sense of place and scale was way off.

Aggelos

In such occassions, size does matter...

In June 2020, Tom Holkenborg was announced as the film's composer. Adam Wingard met with Holkenborg in 2018, to which he admitted to recreationally writing music for Godzilla years prior due to Holkenborg being a fan. Holkenborg began communicating with the director afterwards, tweaked the material, and played it for the director, stating that Wingard was "totally in love". Holkenborg requested a bass drum roughly ten feet in diameter, but the builder was only able to scale it down to eight feet.

Last edited:
Actually pretty excited for this (and the inevitable Batman vs Superman comparisons).

Edit-
Skull Island was a fun Vietnam era take though it does not reach the heights, length and depravity of Peter Jackson's movie.
King of the Monsters was absolute shit as a regular movie but top 5 in Godzilla movies (ironic sorta reversal of 1998 Godzilla which is a amazing monster movie but a absolute shit Godzilla movie).
Godzilla 14 is forever lesser for
killing off Bryan Cranston before the end of act 1.
Trailers are still some of the best I've ever seen for a movie.
You sir, are correct.

Bergoglio

In such occassions, size does matter...

In June 2020, Tom Holkenborg was announced as the film's composer. Adam Wingard met with Holkenborg in 2018, to which he admitted to recreationally writing music for Godzilla years prior due to Holkenborg being a fan. Holkenborg began communicating with the director afterwards, tweaked the material, and played it for the director, stating that Wingard was "totally in love". Holkenborg requested a bass drum roughly ten feet in diameter, but the builder was only able to scale it down to eight feet.

This is madness. I literally cannot wait to see this movie.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
I think it's still weird that people debate who will win in any movie with "vs" in the title with licensed characters facing off. There never is a clear winner and it's usually some kind of a draw.

I can't stand Millie Bobby Brown. Maybe because she reminds me of Halsey, which I also can't stand her damn face.

I just wait for her to announce that she is now "Mike Bobby Brown"

sol_bad

Again, shame this movie is getting so much good reception regarding it'd marketing only for WB/AT&T to fuck things up and release it on HBO Max so it makes no money at the box office.
All this positive buzz means fuck all if it only makes 150 million at the box office like WW84.

Aggelos

A reddit leak offers some key plot elements. Take it with a grain of salt.
Still spoilers alert!

The aircraft carrier battle ends in a draw.

Monarch rebuilds the ORCA, subplot about trying to keep it away from APEX but it is inevitably stolen.

APEX commits false flag attacks using radio signals to lure Godzilla into attacking their bases to paint him in a bad light.

Mechagodzilla does not activate till Hong Kong battle.

Godzilla and Kongs Hong Kong battle lasts all night and up until the next morning with neither willing to stop.

Hell Hawks are Hollow Earth variants of Psychovultures, Hollow Earth Skull Crawler variants exist too.

Godzilla comes ashore and causes a tsunami in Pensacola Florida, said tsunami capsizes a yacht party.

Godzilla attacks and feeds on power plants for energy due to his home being destroyed.

Mechagodzilla is partially built from Ghidorah's bones.

Mechagodzilla makes his grand entrance exploding from the Victoria Peak mountain in Hong Kong.

Mechagodzilla is being piloted the same way he was in 1974 and can still fight even after his base is destroyed, his hands are very deadly at both close range and long.

Godzilla will get the red hyper spiral ray

Millie Bobby Brown and Skarsgard are pretty much the main human character, Millies story begins in highschool where she doesn't fit in and is bullied.

Skarsgard wants to protect Kong and fights APEX agents posing as Monarch agents.

Kong's axe is ancient and passed down to generations of kongs, it is found in the Hollow Earth.

Hollow Earth is like Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Eiza and her father are the villain human characters.

Mechagodzilla is deployed by APEX to take out both Godzilla and Kong while they're tired and weak from their own battle. Godzilla manages to beat Kong but nearly dies at the hands of Mechagodzilla, Kong steps in to even the odds and together destroy Mechagodzilla.

Godzilla seemingly dies after Mechagodzilla is destroyed and we get an end credit scene of a group trying to revive Godzilla setting up a later movie down the line.

Kong becomes temporary King in Godzilla's absence and his story will be followed up on in a Netflix series.

Last edited:

VGEsoterica

Did not like the trailer. Plus how to they make an entire movie out of this? Godzilla breathes nuclear fire...Kong burns...movie ends

Top Bottom