• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goldeneye 007 achievements have popped up on trueachievements.com

Deerock71

Doom, Blood, etc only had "bullet magnetism" on the vertical axis, no assist on the horizontal. Duke 3D, Quake, Quake 2, Unreal all had full free aim that doesn't suck like GE.
You could auto-aim off in GE. It didn't force it on you. I played with it off so I could headshoot Oddjob, that cheating fuck. That is also how I got all the cheats. In any event, Goldeneye was an achievement on consoles, and for a WHOLE LOT of us it was Halo before Halo.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
You could auto-aim off in GE. It didn't force it on you. I played with it off so I could headshoot Oddjob, that cheating fuck. That is also how I got all the cheats. In any event, Goldeneye was an achievement on consoles, and for a WHOLE LOT of us it was Halo before Halo.
I know. That's why I said "free aim that doesn't suck like GE". The free aim sucks a lot because of the controller and 15fps...

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

N64 Goldeneye is one of the best games of all time.
Multiplayer and singleplayer are equally as good.

I was a big PC FPS gamer at the time on Quake 2, 3, and TFC but nothing beat couch multiplayer on 007. Pure laugh out loud fun.
Countless memories of parties and family gatherings where "one more game" at 10PM ended up going till 3 in the morning on a consistent basis.
It was also a gateway into the hypercool Bond universe itself.

Ive been waiting years for this - hope it happens.

Last edited:

Deerock71

N64 Goldeneye is one of the best games of all time.
Multiplayer and singleplayer are equally as good.

I was a big PC FPS gamer at the time on Quake 2, 3, and TFC but nothing beat couch multiplayer on 007. Pure laugh out loud fun.
Countless memories of parties and family gatherings where "one more game" at 10PM ended up going till 3 in the morning on a consistent basis.
It was also a gateway into the hypercool Bond universe itself.

Ive been waiting years for this - hope it happens.
I was a night auditor at a hotel and a group of five-ish would show up from a nearby community college to play this on the big screen tv EVERY NIGHT I WORKED. Getting paid while playing GE was tough to beat!

anthony2690

Banned
Someone ban this man.
He is telling the truth though, it runs at like 12fps & below 10fps in multiplayer.

I'm sure many will be nostalgic for the game, and maybe a fresh coat of paint and 60fps will keep people's nostalgia alive.

If it has online multiplayer, I wonder if many will stick around once the nostalgia has gone.

But the game was great for it's time.

Star-Lord

He is telling the truth though, it runs at like 12fps & below 10fps in multiplayer.

I'm sure many will be nostalgic for the game, and maybe a fresh coat of paint and 60fps will keep people's nostalgia alive.

If it has online multiplayer, I wonder if many will stick around once the nostalgia has gone. But the game was great for it's time.
Given the very limited hardware capabilities, I thought GoldenEye ran more than well enough to ensure a decent playing experience. Sure, compared to modern shooters it runs like shit, but that’s like trying to compare Vimto to a bottle of Chardonnay. Completely different kettle of fish.

If they are releasing it, I hope the only thing they do is upscale it and boost the frame rate. Part of the appeal to me is the retro graphics. It’s why GoldenEye Reloaded sucked ass - they tried making it too modern. Keep the charming graphics and change nothing.

Top Bottom