• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Gone GOLD PS5/SX/PC] Hogwarts Legacy will launch on April 4, 2023 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and on July 25, 2023 for Nintendo Switch.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
What about the combat? Harry Potter still has spells, I’ll allow a Harry Potter game based off its mystique.

DonJorginho

Banned
Dev behind this game seems to be inexperienced so I doubt they would utilize next-gen features anyway.

[/URL]

eMBE1cx.png
I know it sounds hilarious to say but Toy Story 3 and the first few Disney Infinity games were actually surprisingly good, yes they're no titan of the industry but what we've seen so far from this game looks promising so I'm giving them a chance.

Woopah

Guess I'll get the game in April then.
Still not saying if the Switch is a cloud version or not.
There's a retail version, so it won't be a cloud version.
Switch version will keep getting delayed, it's probably vaporware at this point.

It'll look like pure shit.

The time lag between current gen and dead gen is really weird too for games today. There must be a ton of work to downgrade.
If the Switch version was vapourware they wouldn't have just given it a specific release date.

jaysius

Banned
Guess I'll get the game in April then.

There's a retail version, so it won't be a cloud version.

If the Switch version was vapourware they wouldn't have just given it a specific release date.
Animated GIF

This product has had a few missed release dates, they can push the Switch version back again and again after that.

Ports have been canceled too.

Last edited:

Woopah

Animated GIF

This product has had a few missed release dates, they can push the Switch version back again and again after that.

Ports have been canceled too.
They can, but if that was there intention they wouldn't have just given the Switch version a specific release date. Do you think the PS4 and Xbox One versions are vapourware too?

Jaybe

Good to split it out. Launching day one on 6 platforms is a recipe for at least one or more of them coming in hot and buggy.

I know it sounds hilarious to say but Toy Story 3 and the first few Disney Infinity games were actually surprisingly good, yes they're no titan of the industry but what we've seen so far from this game looks promising so I'm giving them a chance.
Yeah. Plus, every developer of a beloved game made something not so beloved beforehand, unless their first-ever game was somehow magical. But I feel like that doesn't happen too often. And I think this team is a lot bigger than who made their previous games, and who knows who they've poached over the years for this project, 6 years in development is a long time. It does look pretty spectacular.

Top Bottom