• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Stadia first impressions - I now believe consoles may disappear

HeresJohnny

Interesting write up.

My opinion is that it's simply not a mass market device. It's tied to both the user's infrastructure and Google's, which means the experience is way too malleable and murky. It's dead. It will of course rear up again in the future, but that is simply stating the obvious. There are far too many people who would have an inferior experience on this device as opposed to playing locally, and some who can't play it at all.

Virex

Banned
This will never happen. Consoles and PC will never disappear. Neither will physical media. This is just laughable

ethomaz

Banned
It is seems like after the Stadia streaming high input lag become acceptable.
It is weird.

I use Remote Play when I'm travelling and I got in the hotel at night without nothing to do so I use my Phone or Vita to play via RemotePlay... it is an workaround.

But you have to deal and correct your shoot and aiming to the input lag... so you start to hit the button before you should in normal circumstances to try to lucky a critical/headshot.
When you hold a button to some action in the game like revive some buddy you need to hold more time if you hold the same time like you used before it won't work... it is bad but you get used to it.

It just can't become your main playtime.

It is several steps back in gaming industry... it is unacceptable... I hope Stradia dies fast for the good of every gamer in the industry.

Last edited:

vkbest

Don’t think this model can be profitable, so if this is the future, prices will be higher for games or those games will lower their budget.

Top Bottom