• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got some money to spend - help me choose. DS or PSP?

SantaC

Ok I finally did it. Bought a DS today, and I have ordered kirby (import)

Been playing around with it, and the touch screen pen feels good. :)

edit: No dead pixels! Where am I suppose to put the pen?

Ruzbeh

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
Ok I finally did it. Bought a DS today, and I have ordered kirby (import)

Been playing around with it, and the touch screen pen feels good. :)

edit: No deal pixels! Where am I suppose to put the pen?
The pen goes in the back.

Why did you import Kirby!? IT'S OUT TODAY IN THE US!

Baron

You sat on $700 worth of unattached cash for over 2 months? Jesus. Why didn't you just go buy a fucking Louis Vuitton handbag for your girl or something? Obviously you have some kind of money-spending issue.

I, also, have this kind of issue.

SantaC

Ruzbeh said:
The pen goes in the back.

Why did you import Kirby!? IT'S OUT TODAY IN THE US!

I live in europe.

You sat on $700 worth of unattached cash for over 2 months? Jesus. Why didn't you just go buy a fucking Louis Vuitton handbag for your girl or something? Obviously you have some kind of money-spending issue.

I, also, have this kind of issue.

I bought some other things for that money :D

Edit: The screen is brighter than I thought.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Dude, the 1.5 loader is about to be released. Surely you want in on that sweet, portable emulation goodness? :D

I kid, I kid...

SantaC

dark10x said:
Dude, the 1.5 loader is about to be released. Surely you want in on that sweet, portable emulation goodness? :D

I kid, I kid...

I definitlety will get a PSP later, but right now the DS has the best upcoming games in 2005. PSP is probably something for X-mas.

Jeff-DSA

Good choice. I haven't even touched my PSP in over a month. I even took it to E3 and I still never pulled it out once.

What was May's background color? I missed that one.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
SantaCruZer said:
I definitlety will get a PSP later, but right now the DS has the best upcoming games in 2005. PSP is probably something for X-mas.

Just hope that they release a loader for PSPs beyond 1.0 and 1.5 units. :p

Apenheul

from my personal experience, guys gather around me when I play the PSP (WipeOut). Women gather around me when I play my DS (Yoshi). Uh, I just thought I'd share this piece of information hehe.

[edit]
SantaCruZer you made a wise choice. Right now there's no reason for you to get a PSP (even if you didn't have an mp3 player yet), I really don't see why anyone in this thread would suggest a PSP for you, since you were most likely going to put it aside for now anyway when it comes to the games.

brocke

Banned
I would wait until this Christmas to purchase a psp. Just not enough quality titles out yet for it. By Christmas it will probly be worth a purchase. For now DS is really the best way to go. And if you are a platformer fan, pick up the kirby game when you get it.

mj1108

Apenheul said:
from my personal experience, guys gather around me when I play the PSP (WipeOut). Women gather around me when I play my DS (Yoshi). Uh, I just thought I'd share this piece of information hehe.

So this is why many here say they like the PSP -- it attracts men. :lol

dark10x said:

I kid, I kid...

That's right -- buy a PSP to play GBA titles.

Nice choice.

For once I'm jelous that I don't live in Europe. You guys get Trace Memory on June 24th, and I don't think that Nintendo has even set a release date for the United States. If you see Trace Memory buy it. Especially if you like games like Myst or Riven.

SantaC

Stopsign said:
Nice choice.

For once I'm jelous that I don't live in Europe. You guys get Trace Memory on June 24th, and I don't think that Nintendo has even set a release date for the United States. If you see Trace Memory buy it. Especially if you like games like Myst or Riven.

I have trace memory pre-ordered here in europe.

As an owner of a PSP, I think the PSP is worth buying. There is a drought now but there's a lot of good crap out for it now:

Lumines
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
Ridge Racer
Wipeout Pure
Metal Gear Ac!d

DS has Kirby, Mario 64 (which should be with every DS now), and if its your bag, Wario Ware. PSP right now has the software advantage. Later this year, it'll be in DS's favor but 2006 may be another story.

You'll get both and Sony is more likely to drop the price of PSP than Nintendo is with the DS. So I'd say get a DS and get a PSP after the price drop.

Socreges

Banned
At this point I would buy a DS and wait for the PSP to drop in price. There's just more interesting software coming over the next several months.

Do you need an mp3 player, though? And would you take advantage of the video capabilities? That would change a lot.

Honestly, for someone who is around GAF as much as you are, I'm not totally sure why this thread was necessary. Generally people will just hear what they want to.

[edit] didn't see the dates. oh well.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
I prefer the PSP over the DS. However judging from your post history, I'd say a DS may be more suiting for you. Enjoy whatever you do end up choosing.

Top Bottom