• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got the '15 Years of Service' achievement this week.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I've been a creepy lurker for about that long. Back when I was a stupid youth, I probably googled Zelda waifus or something and was linked to a thread here and was immediately entranced by how much less this place seemed like a haven for 13 year olds than the boards at Gamefaqs, the cursed place.

Droxcy

Was always on other forums and outlets in the early 2000s but GAF always looked like a logical and a good place for discussions.

Cheers to you! Hope forums make a resurgence and have some growth like the old days.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Dl24trm.gif

Congrats! I did so too this year.

Hopefully I'll be here for a long time, if I don't get banned for doing silly jokes on the gaming side. Lately you can't say anything there.

GloveSlap

Just got the 14 year one, but i lurked for a really long time. I think what originally sent me to GAF was IGN started making you pay to use the boards.

clem84

Gold Member
Does anyone know the exact date these boards started? Basically, the earliest date the system can recognize as a user being active?

Last edited:

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
You joined June 7 04, I joined June 6 04

Creepy.

I'm pretty sure those were the first days you could sign up. Back then they reset the board every six months. I was banned on the previous version as "sven" so I signed up as Brian Fellows and have been stuck this way ever since.

Malakhov

Banned
I'm pretty sure those were the first days you could sign up. Back then they reset the board every six months. I was banned on the previous version as "sven" so I signed up as Brian Fellows and have been stuck this way ever since.
Just looked and it says it was founded in April 2006, maybe EviLore EviLore can chime in, he'd be the best to answer this heh

If so, it means I registered two months after launch

Last edited:
Top Bottom