• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham Knights – Red Hood trailer revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member

Publisher Warner Bros. Games and developer WB Games Montreal have released the Red Hood character trailer for Gotham Knights.

Here is Red Hood's profile, via Warner Bros. Games:

Red Hood, also known as Jason Todd. An intense vigilante with a short fuse, Red Hood is a highly trained marksman and hard-hitting, hand-to-hand fighter who's reached the peak of human strength, making him an expert in both ranged and melee combat. After his violent death and subsequent resurrection in the Lazarus Pit, Red Hood gained the ability to harness mystical powers that aid him in battle and allow him to propel his body through the air to traverse the city. Despite his complicated past, Red Hood has reconciled with the Batman Family and is committed to using non-lethal combat methods to protect Gotham City in the wake of Batman's death.

Last edited:
Red Hood with magic powers.

david tennant puke GIF

Fire the person who came up with that shit.

jaysius

Banned
I've flipped 180 on this product, I was completely against it's awful animations and shitty multiple currencies, inevitable trash loot with minuscule differences, spongy enemies.

Now I'm a curious rubbernecker and I'm about to watch the Titanic sink.
leonardo dicaprio GIF

I say BRING IT ON!

Interest Reaction GIF

This thing is going to the bargain bin so fast! It might actually BEAT that Avengers trash to the bottom!

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

Kuranghi

They say in-engine so this is 100% something stupid like 16K supersampled footage thats in no way representative of even a high end PC from the future running it, very disengenuous. Regardless of the art and graphical effects, the IQ is too suspiciously high.

They saw the negative feedback about the animations not being as good/fluid as the old arkham games and said "look we need this to sell so just go with pure unrealistic bullshit from here on out so we can at least get the preorder/day-1 sales". I await the final product to see what it actually looks and plays like, which I'm guessing will be like the first few videos we saw before they started doing this.

Valt7786

Have they kept with the bullshit of him using "non-lethal armor piercing rounds" and having magic powers? 'Cause, ya know, thats what Red Hoods all about...

Hmm, I hope the actual game has the same beefy hits and the magic hopping is at least something different even if a little goofy. This one just might turn out better than we think.

Spyxos

I got Avengers day 1. Nope not doing this mistake again, especially as this even looks worse then an 7 years old game.

Shubh_C63

I have never been so conflicted over a product. Went from excited to disgust to excited again, and now I am indifferent.
Doesn't look good and I love Arkham.

TrueLegend

My take:
  • Looks great visually, finally something designed with PC firstin mind (which actually makes it better for consoles too)
  • Redhood as a protagonist is a very odd choice for Batman Universe. And the gameplay mechanics for him looks like dumb fun which I am all in for, but how the hell he is going to fit in rest of the squad?
  • It all will come down to execution. Multiple styles with multiple protagonist can keep the game fresh but if the story sucks it's ain't hitting no high bar.
  • They can either make great use of Court of owls story or just infuriate a lot of people.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well looks better than "gotta flip!" Nightwing at least. I'm starting to come around on this game. It might be fun as a co-op 'shut off your brain and punch/shoot' game with friends. Kind of an evolution of beat'em up arcade games.

I'm not sure how I feel about the magic powers, but at this point, why the fuck not.

Saber

Gold Member
I'm very confused by this video.

Is he a melee or a ranged character? Or this is how his wepon works?

Also, that thing was magic or just some effect? Looks very weird.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Well, it's not an Arkham game after all.

Looks better than any Assassin's Creed game though.
I think many people will still expect it to play similar and offer the same quality level. And it's very likely they'll be disappointed. Personally I wish that the next Arkham game was never cancelled.

Top Bottom