• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham Knights New Nightwing Trailer

nbkicker

Same loved the arkham series , to wait 7yrs since knight for this, nothing so far shown has got me excited to play this, i can see this bombing big time , ill be waiting to see reviews and in game videos before thinking of purchasing

winjer

Gold Member
Bored Married With Children GIF

Kuranghi

This entire video is just the scripted takedowns on a thug with none of the actual movement in between because they showed that last time and it was ass even compared to the first Arkham game, 7 years wait for this shit, laaaaaaame! Suicide Squad must deliver now.

R6Rider

Gold Member
A few months back I was interested in this and the last few gameplay trailers have killed that interest.

Maybe when it's super cheap with friends.

Tarkus98

Nightwing baby! One of my favorite comic book characters and I get to play as him. Fucking awesome. They better not fuck this up.
The costume looks cool. The fighting style appears to match pretty closely to what I would expect from this dude. Animation looks pretty smooth and the frame rate doesn’t seem to studder.
Hope I’m not disappointed.

kyussman

Hey guys,I've got a great idea for the next Batman game......in this one Batman will be dead and not feature in the game at all.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Hopefully they pull a MGS2 on this game and Nightwing and his posse are killed by omega beams or something, then you play as Batman for the remaining 90% of the game.

Larxia

Hey guys,I've got a great idea for the next Batman game......in this one Batman will be dead and not feature in the game at all.
Except it's not a Batman game? There isn't even Batman written in the title. I really don't understand people with this, I find it so sad that apparently it's not even allowed to have a DC game that's not about Batman.

You know there are comics about these specific heroes that don't involve Batman? So why is it not possible for a game for some reason?
I don't know, I just really don't understand this, we already had 4 Batman games and a lot of people seem to hate this project just because it's not about batman, even when the game itself isn't called Batman.

I'm personally really happy to have a game about the rest of the bat family, because I loved playing their different dlc episodes in Arkham Knight and always wanted a game about the rest of the team.

kyussman

Except it's not a Batman game? There isn't even Batman written in the title. I really don't understand people with this, I find it so sad that apparently it's not even allowed to have a DC game that's not about Batman.

You know there are comics about these specific heroes that don't involve Batman? So why is it not possible for a game for some reason?
I don't know, I just really don't understand this, we already had 4 Batman games and a lot of people seem to hate this project just because it's not about batman, even when the game itself isn't called Batman.

I'm personally really happy to have a game about the rest of the bat family, because I loved playing their different dlc episodes in Arkham Knight and always wanted a game about the rest of the team.
It looks exactly like a Batman Arkham game with Batman replaced with some other characters.......so I feel like I've already played it four times.I would rather have a new Batman game with some new ideas than a tired looking game like this.I've no issue with having new games with different characters.....but this isn't a new game,thay have just made a Batman Arkham game and replaced Batman with different characters.Why not come up with a new concept for these characters?......something fresh.....this game feels old and tired so much so that I've zero interest in playing it and I would feel the same even if it was a Batman game.

SJRB

Gold Member
Super bad trailer. How this game is from the same team as Arkham Origins is beyond me.

Everything about this looks and feels like it started out as a GAAS bullshit game which they dialed back at the finals stages of development after the gameplay reveal and the harsh criticism..

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
This could have looked good with better art direction, something like this for example:

nBAAMoi.jpg

Looking at this and the previous trailer, it just looks generic and that's not even taking into account that slippery slide combat.

Edit: I realize they want to go for that Arkham look but it would have stood out more with something out of the box.

Last edited:

Psychostar

Am I the only one that thinks Nightwing's posture and walk is off? He is hunched and walks like a thug and not at all with any grace that you would expect from a master acrobatic/gymnast. I can't unsee this shit and it is killing it for me.

Salz01

This game does look worse every time they show it. The first showing looked and seemed great. It seemed possible to do on last gen. Yet each trailer they show it seems like a total downgrade. Even though they ditched the old gen versions. Not sure what’s going on here.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Super bland, forced co-op, sorry but this is not for me. Should have just kept making Batman games and I would have bought them, but oh well.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The whole plot feels washed up. Batman’s dead? Who is going to bet that he isn’t actually dead at the end of the game? Amazon lists the Court of Owls, but they haven’t shown much in terms of story for this game. All they’re doing is showing combat in the city.

A part of me feels like their team is giving us a half assed game set in the “Arkham” universe. The charm of the Arkham games came from the work they put into the main villains, not these grunts. The grunts are a dime a dozen and they all vanish in thin air after a couple combos anyway.

Vitter.

This game was on my top for 2022, every trailer makes it less interesting. Still hoping it's bad marketing as the first gameplay revealed I really enjoyed.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Nobody gives a shit about the Bat family without Batman. They’re all just worse versions of him. This is going to bomb hard, and deservedly so.

Top Bottom