• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham Knights Nightwing and Redhood gameplay demo Revealed

AX8

Banned
This went from a game discussion to you talking about my loved ones due to your emotions. You are too immature to handle a back and forth, so now we really are done.
There was no back and forth when you're trying to defend garbage, sorry, also chill with your deep shit it's a video game, find a hobby instead of taking L's from strangers online daily. 😘 thanks for playing

Last edited:
Anyone who feels the need to throw the term "taking L's" around has already lost whatever discussion they were a part of. 🤣

Anyway, game looks pretty fun! I'm excited for it and all in come October! WB Games have my money this year for both games.

Last edited:

AX8

Banned
Wasted Court of Owls on this game. Couldve been a detective batman game.
Hogwarts Legacy looks lightyears beyond this, at least wb knew a winner when they see one.
I totally forgot Marvel is getting Spiderman 2 and Wolverine
and DC gets this 💀💀

sncvsrtoip

batman series is one of my fav but don't know, fight mechanics doesn't look good, graphics doesn't look better than arkham knight, some bs mechanics from boring services games, just give me proper batman game with strong singleplayer

AX8

Banned
batman series is one of my fav but don't know, fight mechanics doesn't look good, graphics doesn't look better than arkham knight, some bs mechanics from boring services games, just give me proper batman game with strong singleplayer
The inventory screen looks straight ripped out of mobile :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

I guess I barely remember the reveal but ooof, what happened where they thought today's video reveal was going to be a big exciting moment? I'm sure the devs are working their asses off but goddamn at least some of them had to see how this was going to get absolutely roasted. Look at the reveal video and breakdown, it's night and day:

This is not the same game that was shown today. What the wtf.

lefty1117

Gold Member
It's missing some pop or something ... has a B level feel ... I'm disappointed by what I saw. Shit frame rates too. And the sliding all over the place during combat ... the animations are not very good. I'm surprised and disappointed TBH

so glad to hear i'm not the only one that thought something was off here! definitely looks worse than the last gameplay they showed. 100% Arkham games looked better on the older consoles. here's to hoping they're just setting the bar low. maybe they'll come out and tell us this was XB1 gameplay.

Reizo Ryuu

This is not the same game that was shown today. What the wtf.
They look fairly identical really, the reveal footage was story heavy with a lot of scripted events, and of course has the snowstorm weather effect going on.
The new footage is just general gameplay, no different from the random stuff in arkham knight.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Are people trolling about this looking nothing like the Batgirl/Robin gameplay? Because it looks exactly like the Batgirl/Robin gameplay aside from some UI preferences.

Urban

Looks garbage.

The old footage looked MUCH better:

yeah but there the enemys had levels and hp bars which screams AC for me and i dont like Ubisoft games.

@ Gameplay I dont know man. It looks like a reskin of a game with a fighting system that we all played. We all know what kind of missions we are going to get and we know what kind of world we get. Its just the same formula

Last edited:
Looks horribly dated and worst of all the combat isn't anywhere close to the smoothness of the Arkham games. Someone needs to invent the next AAA casual action game combat mechanic that everyone will copy for the next 15 years, the way Arkham did back in the day.

Worst thing I've seen all year. A joke beyond a joke. If anyone involved with the creative process for this game is reading this; please consider changing careers.

Making a low effort new Arkham spin-off would be so easy. It takes willful effort to get it this wrong. Even simple stuff like graphics look worse than Arkham CITY.

Last edited:

Otre

Banned
Stop settling, I can't imagine your partner :pie_lcry:💀
You mean Nightwing or Redhood? Cause going personal over a mediocre looking videogame is a certified Gamer Moment ⟨™⟩. Be proud of that moment, you are not "sheeple", you are qualified to say the Gamer Word⟨™⟩.

SyberWolf

Avengers 2.0 lmao
imagine being hyped for that Batman game that was rumored by Rocksteady and instead this shows up
:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
i was thinking the same thing, avengers level game. i was looking forward to it from the gameplay shown before. but this gameplay looks a lot worse.

AX8

Banned
You mean Nightwing or Redhood? Cause going personal over a mediocre looking videogame is a certified Gamer Moment ⟨™⟩. Be proud of that moment, you are not "sheeple", you are qualified to say the Gamer Word⟨™⟩.
It's not that deep, bro. Thank you for typing all that for me even though I didn't read most of it <3 Glad I'm on your mind

Bombolone

Gold Member
Is this gonna be riddled with MTX?
The developer stated it isnt going to be a GaaS (if I remember correctly).

Looks underwhelming atm.
The 'Legendary' loot may just be like Borderlands style loot.
or
Every Publisher and their grandma is looking for that Moby Dick. Maybe some self reflection on ballooning budgets is called for...lol.

This gen will be intersting. Maybe start a list of all the 'store front' games disguised as games that flop.
Of course game isnt out yet, could be a banger.
Wait and see.

MiguelItUp

It's not that deep, bro. Thank you for typing all that for me even though I didn't read most of it <3 Glad I'm on your mind
Pump the brakes a bit dude, Jesus, lmao.

Is this gonna be riddled with MTX?
The developer stated it isnt going to be a GaaS (if I remember correctly).

Looks underwhelming atm.
The 'Legendary' loot may just be like Borderlands style loot.
or
Every Publisher and their grandma is looking for that Moby Dick. Maybe some self reflection on ballooning budgets is called for...lol.

This gen will be intersting. Maybe start a list of all the 'store front' games disguised as games that flop.
Of course game isnt out yet, could be a banger.
Wait and see.
Yeah, that was talked about quite a bit for awhile. If that ends up becoming true, this game is as good as dead. Eeeesh.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
It's a mix of Marvels Spider-Man and Avengers.

The Avengers stuff;
• Damage Sponge Enemies
• MTX Bullshit
• Major focus on MP with
• Huge emphasis on "loot" and "gear"

This is definitely a Spider-Man/Avengers hybrid sort of game.
Yup, it's a GaaS the developer is a huge liar or is pretending not to know what a GaaS type game entails.

Javthusiast

Banned
denzel washington cringe GIF

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Considering how much I hated Knight I'm not surprised that this game looks 10 times worse than it. gameplay wise. I'll be passing.

Javthusiast

Banned
7+ years after last Batman game and we get this half baked shit rpg/gaas monster and then another coop game in Suicide Squad. Batman/Batman Beyond on next gen died for this.

• LOL
Reactions: AX8

Strider311

I’m still willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. I’m a hopeless Batman fanatic, so I was going to get it anyway.

Top Bottom