• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham Knights will only launch on PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last gen versions have been officially canceled.

"Please note, to provide players with the best possible gameplay experience, the game will release on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S and PC and will not be available for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One consoles."

Last edited:
Neato should make it an ever better experience. I thought I heard it would have more simultaneous players now too. That would make it even more fun.

FunkMiller

Actual current gen only games?

Dying Classic Film GIF by Warner Archive

sircaw

Banned
Brave decision but the right one i think.

Hopefully, it will sell well, the loss of sales from the previous versions must be alot.

Kssio_Aug

Not that I care, but the game doesn't look like "next-gen", so I think it could (and should) be released on PS4/XBO so more people could play it if they want without spending money on unnecessary hardware.

And a little criticism about the game itself... the characters talk too much, and most (if not all) their jokes are trash. I hate this trend.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Watched the gameplay, it wasn't particularly very exciting.

I loved Arkham Knight, and hopefully this turns out decent, but Red Hood looks just beyond dull to play :p

I'll probably check out more stuff related to the game closer to release.

Salz01

Great news. I don’t think it will look better because of the decision because it would’ve needed to be designed ground up for current gen. But hopefully other publishers follow suit and remain profitable as more people get their hands on current hardware.

Denton

All developers should do this. Put them outta their misery. Shame CDP didn't have the balls to do that two years ago already.

A bit too late to make much deference, should have done it last year. The game looks stupid anyways, should have just made robin only game, as multi character games are rarely any good.

Fbh

Well there's goes a game I was planning on buying this year.
I guess this frees up $60 for something else.

jaysius

Banned
Too bad the game is a GaaS, super spongey enemies 3-4 different dumb currencies for worthless loot grind. Some of the animations look off too. It's funny that they disabled the numbers popping up in this video, but it makes the sponginess even worse.

In that gameplay there's no BLOOD, what the fuck!?!

Nightwing is awful looking, the combat and the "ping ponging around" fucking awful.

"Enemy Armored attacks" that's GaaS speak.

What they've shown of the UI is awful and generic looking so far.

This game should have come out years ago, it's so dated looking.

Last edited:
It's clear looking at this and every superhero game since, that the Arkham series have influenced every developer who has made a superhero game, but none have done it better.

Ristifer

I don't think it looks all that great, but I'll still give it a chance. However, there are some people with strange hate boners for WB in these threads. Must've kidnapped their families or something.

AX8

Banned
I don't think it looks all that great, but I'll still give it a chance. However, there are some people with strange hate boners for WB in these threads. Must've kidnapped their families or something.
It's okay to call out trash :LOL::LOL:

Nico_D

Umm. That didn't look good. I understand it is work in progress but animation wasn't good, the change from movement to fight animation was noticeable.

Besides that, I played that game four times before - the previous Batman games. Seems to me there's not much new. It just looks and feels old already.

So far, pass. But to be honest, I wasn't that excited about it in the first place.

But it should allow implementation of things like 4 player co-op that may not have been possible due to last gen limitations on the engine.
I'd like to see people identify what makes a game next gen anyway. Things like 4 player co-op seem more important than higher resolutions and slightly better graphics.

Top Bottom