• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOTY Awards Tracker 2021

Which game will ultimately get the most awards?

• It Takes Two

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Resident Evil Village

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Deathloop

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Metroid Dread

• Forza Horizon 5

Votes: 20 15.4%
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Halo Infinite

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • Returnal

• Psychonauts 2

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not really it didn't. The gameplay is smoother sure and it had some more open areas but for the most part it still played like the first one. Same goes for Uncharted 4 which also won far more GOTY awards in 2016 than any other game despite being on its fourth entry. God of War just has to have another exceptional story to go along with some refinements to the gameplay and it won't have much of a problem scoring just as high and winning as many awards as the last one did. Lets not forget that they aren't competing against Rockstar this year which is probably the toughest other developer to compete against due to their games always scoring like 96+. Bethesda isn't near as loved as when Skyrim released. The tolerance for buggy, janky games from them isn't there anymore.
I dunno god of war seems more of the same whereas last of us 2 was the sequel to an original ip that was already critically hailed as one of the greatest games. The upgraded the graphics significantly, generationally, really every part of it was upgraded production wise. More open areas - played as different people - completely different type of direction story wise to where it was extremely divisive. I just don’t see god of war actually changing up as much as LOU 2 did

Fredrik

I think Starfield will probably win the most GotY awards, but I don't think it will be a blowout like Skyrim or Fallout 3. There are way too many big blockbuster games coming out this year and I think it will look something like it did this year. The awards will be spread around to a lot of different games
Yeah this seems like a realistic scenario. Percentage-wise it could very well look like this:
Starfield: 21%
Ragnarök: 20%
Horizon: 20%
GT7: 20%
Spread out on other titles: 19%
I don’t see a slam dunk happening with so many big and hyped games coming out. There is even a chance we’ll see BOTW2, then that could be #1, but even then with just a minor percentage advantage.

I dunno god of war seems more of the same whereas last of us 2 was the sequel to an original ip that was already critically hailed as one of the greatest games. The upgraded the graphics significantly, generationally, really every part of it was upgraded production wise. More open areas - played as different people - completely different type of direction story wise to where it was extremely divisive. I just don’t see god of war actually changing up as much as LOU 2 did
Your judging the new God of War on a 2 minute long trailer. That is literally all we have seen of it. You should probably wait to pass judgment as they really haven't gone into what all is new about it.

Your judging the new God of War on a 2 minute long trailer. That is literally all we have seen of it. You should probably wait to pass judgment as they really haven't gone into what all is new about it.
Yes I am - I am simply stating from what we have seen and heard I can be proven wrong sure - I’d like to be.

But Last of Us 2 did seem to be a generational advancement of Last of Us - while so far I haven’t seen anything to suggest GOW 2 is necessarily

Last edited:
Updated. While It Takes Two is almost certainly the winner at this point, we still have the largest spread of votes since 2012 when The Walking Dead won.

Top Bottom