• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOTY: Elden Ring or God Of War Ragnarök: Avatar bet

Who takes home the 2022 GOTY?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Topher

Gold Member
I think the mods need to come take a look at this no? 🍿
John Candy No GIF by Laff

RafterXL

Yeah bans are too strong 😂.
I don't think so. People who can't even be bothered to honor something as small as this show how lacking in character they are. Fuck 'em, ban 'em, send these sore losers packing.

Either ban the people who don't honor the bets or ban having the bets at all. There is no point in having them if you can just ignore the results.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
You can click who voted for GoW in the poll. Most of them aren't honoring the bet.

You lose an avatar bet and don't change it, you should be banned.

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Especially you, rickybooby87 rickybooby87 - you made the fucking thread 😂

EDMIX

The lolz, the avatar bet should have been based on the total number of GOTY awards regarding all publications, not merely 1 show.

Didn't this show give Fortnite game of the year? lol

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hahaha.

Losers who didn't change = Cowards. Hell, it's just an avatar change until Jan 1. We're talking only a few more weeks and then it can be changed back

Losers who changed their avatar = Props for manning up

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You can click who voted for GoW in the poll. Most of them aren't honoring the bet.

You lose an avatar bet and don't change it, you should be banned.

Fucking plebs!

At least we can all see the shameful lovers.

Fannies.

The lolz, the avatar bet should have been based on the total number of GOTY awards regarding all publications, not merely 1 show.

There are 2 avatar bet threads for this same topic.

Other one is for total wins.

CLW

I thought my first L had to be honored until January 1st what does my avatar need to be now?

Last edited:

Tg89

Elden Ring is winning by a huge margin either way lol.

It was a longshot bet for anyone who took GoW in the first place - should have asked for odds. It was always clear Elden Ring was going to smoke it at GOTY, much much better game.

ZoukGalaxy

Im
Rules

• Votes are publicly available
  • You CAN NOT change your vote
  • Voters are able to suggest losers' avatar
  • Only participants (voters) are able to make avatar suggestions
  • Honorable judges will pick and make available a pool of the suggested avatars for losers to use
  • Losers' avatar should be changed upon losing the bet
  • Avatars must be used until 12:01am 1/1/2023
  • OP won't participate in order to be unbiased in avatar selection. His vote is only to be able to see voters list.
  • BY VOTING YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE BET
  • NO OTHER GOTY CONTENDERS WILL BE CONSIDERED
  • AVATAR BET IS VOIDED IF NEITHER WIN
  • THE GAME AWARDS ON DECEMBER 8th (Hosted by Geoff Keighley) WILL DECIDE YOUR FATE

The avatar bet thread for GOW:R was such fun, I thought, why not create another one?

(Shoutout to .Pennywise for the excellent thread template)

Elden Ring emerges victorious!

Brave fallen warriors, update your avatars asap:

1f1hDDj.png
I'm sorry, I totally lost track of this thread and totally forget to update my avatar, I beg you all your pardon.
As a punishment, I've done it immediately even if the date is already expired, and this, for an undetermined amount of time.

master self GIF
Star Trek Slapping GIF
Sad Oh No GIF by TikTok

:messenger_hushed:

Last edited:
Top Bottom