• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOW: Ragnarok vs Zelda: BOTW 2. If you had to choose one which would it be?

If you had to choose between GOW: Ragnarok or Zelda: BOTW2 your choice?

• GOW: Ragnarok

Votes: 227 48.2%
  • Zelda: BOTW 2

Votes: 224 47.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 20 4.2%

• Total voters

Shifty

Ragnarok, because I am at least interested in seeing where they take this new story arc, and if the first one is anything to go by it'll have a more Zelda-y structure than Zelda does nowadays.

BotW self-sabotaged any interest I had in a sequel after open-world fatigue set in at the 30 hour mark. What are they going to do, add more shrines, koroks, and repeated area concepts? The first one already has enough to fill three or four games.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Depends on if BotW 2 adds classic style dungeons. If so then Zelda. But if it’s more empty world BotW with nothing to do but repeated shrines, then God of War.

Give me God of War and let us witness the epic clash between Kratos and Thor, Freya and Odin.

Leave that Nintendo game with the PS2 graphics for the children.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
If it was God of War 2018 vs BotW then BotW easily.

But BotW 2 I don't expect to be as impressive second time around and narratively God of War Ragnarok is gonna be a lot more explosive after the events of the first game. So God of War.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Close, but if Zelda make huge strides e.g more towns, cities, NPCs, side quests like the Biggoron Sword, large sky area and actual dungeons built in to the landscape it will wipe the floor with GoW. That’s all a big if though, as it is they will probably be quite even.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Zelda.

I'm a fan of oldschool GOW, the last one wasn't really my thing.

Codes 208

BoWT2

GoW4 was great but i only put about 50 hours into whereas botw i put 500 hours into. Im ready for the sequel (excited for both regardless)

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
What do you prefer, take care of this brat.
god-of-war-atreus.jpg

Or take care of this baby ❤️

b42beed53b269736507f12679824bf6b.jpg

Last edited:

lachesis

BOTW2.

I normally don't like ultra violent games, and I remember being pretty shocked by the scene you tear off one's head in GoW3, and realized that this game franchise is not really for me.

Definitely Zelda.

That said, I really dislike the direction they took with the series, it’s not exactly the Zelda I grew up with. Semi-open world, elaborate temples and a linear-ish story.

I think the reaction to Skyward Sword spooked them but that was down to just being a bad game (I personally loved it but can see why people didn’t).

I dislike the new weapon system where there are a million different weapons with different damage etc, hated the durability system, dislike the stamina system, cooking/recipe system. I also dislike the more feminine design of Link, nothing against femininity but i preferred the Adult Link from OOT.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
BOTW2. Without a doubt. Hands down. No question.

Actually it's almost insulting to even compare God of War to BOTW. Zelda is on a whole other level. God of War is just your average game. Might win a GOTY somewhere but really it's nothing special.

tmlDan

BOTW2. Without a doubt. Hands down. No question.

Actually it's almost insulting to even compare God of War to BOTW. Zelda is on a whole other level. God of War is just your average game. Might win a GOTY somewhere but really it's nothing special.
GOW is just your average game, man the industry would be great if that had an onus of truth lol

Too bad we're stuck with weapon breaking simulator and similar dungeon explorer

clarky

Gold Member
Zelda, easily. I know im in the minority but thought GOW was merely good, but BOTW blew me away.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I haven't managed to finish GoW 2018 yet but I've finished BotW like 3+ times so....BotW2.

I should really finish GoW though.

Astral Dog

These games are different enough games to compare directly imo.

Combat wise, GOW Ragnarok wins easily.

If i were to choose based on puzzles/exploration, probably Zelda. We barely know anything about the sequel tbh

jaysius

Banned
As shitty of a Zelda game BOTW was, God Of War babysitting got fucking old, the combat was ok, but the Valkyries were lame.

MiguelItUp

Ragnarok. BOTW had some really neat tech, and some annoying things. But I didn't really care about much else. I eventually put the game down and never picked it back up. GOW had an overall better experience that kept me engaged through gameplay, story, etc. all the way until the end and then some.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Completely illogical. Why?

Because Nintendo has never made an unambitious Zelda game in their history. Good luck if you think that's going to start with BotW2.

No? Could've fooled me.

91+ZVMp3I6L._AC_SX679_.jpg

I never even finished GOW 2018 because I didn't really like it that much. It's still silly to call it DLC. The only reason that label stuck is because of assblasted console warriors on twitter.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
No? Could've fooled me.

I never even finished GOW 2018 because I didn't really like it that much. It's still silly to call it DLC. The only reason that label stuck is because of assblasted console warriors on twitter.
Did you ever play it? That's the most underrated Zelda game ever made in my opinion. It's all killer, no filler. Just jump in and do multiplayer puzzles and fast dungeon runs. I loved it and would kill for a sequel.

Aonuma agrees.

https://www.siliconera.com/producer-eiji-aonuma-says-tri-force-heroes-underrated-zelda-game/

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Triforce Heroes is great as a multiplayer centric game but as primarily a person that prefers a solo experience that specific game isn't for me. And I feel for the most fun multiplayer experience it is still to this day 4 Swords Adventure.

You can make the same argument for Metroid: Federation Force. It can work very well as a multiplayer game but falls flat on it's face from a single player standpoint.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
No? Could've fooled me.

No one is confusing Triforce Heroes as DLC.

I literally can't distinguish between GoW 2018 and Ragnarok unless I watch a Digital Foundry zoom in and slow down video. There aren't many AAA sequels that I can say that about.

No one is confusing Triforce Heroes as DLC.

I literally can't distinguish between GoW 2018 and Ragnarok unless I watch a Digital Foundry zoom in and slow down video. There aren't many AAA sequels that I can say that about.

How are you distuingishing BOTW to it's sequel then?

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
So I have to choose between one of the best action games of the decade or the sequel to one of the most overrated games of the decade? (Hint: I hated BotW)

There's really no choice.

Romulus

GOW, but only because BoTW2 will look like crap technically. Art style only makes up for so much. We'll get sub 1080p and 20-30fps on Switch.

Now, when the PC emulation hits a few months later, then we'll see the version we deserve. 60fps even at full 1440p will be a drastic difference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom