• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOW: Ragnarok vs Zelda: BOTW 2. If you had to choose one which would it be?

If you had to choose between GOW: Ragnarok or Zelda: BOTW2 your choice?

• GOW: Ragnarok

Votes: 227 48.2%
  • Zelda: BOTW 2

Votes: 224 47.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 20 4.2%

• Total voters

TonyK

Both look like DLCs from previous games, so it's difficult to choose which will be more forgettable. Sad part is I will buy both.

Pedro Motta

Both look like DLCs from previous games, so it's difficult to choose which will be more forgettable. Sad part is I will buy both.
The Californians Reaction GIF

Wohc

Banned
Unless you have some other way to gauge how mixed the forum is that's how it is
The number of warriors is my way. My ignore list is like 75% blue, 25% green, 0% red and 0% black, so i think it's safe to say the biggest group on NeoGAF are PlayStation fans.
Zelda has better ratings and much better sales even though it's still >50 Euros and i think it didn't have that much marketing. So i think on other forums it would be clearly pro Zelda.

Last edited:

tommib

The number of warriors is my way. My ignore list is like 75% blue, 25% green, 0% red and 0% black, so i think it's safe to say the biggest group on NeoGAF are PlayStation fans.
Zelda has better ratings and much better sales even though it's still >50 Euros and i think it didn't have that much marketing. So i think on other forums it would be clearly pro Zelda.
Can you show this with a PowerPoint presentation? No graphs, no truth. Please include title animations. Thanks.

SeraphJan

Yeah, that would be nice, but not gonna happen. Have a look at the ban list and that's just the tip of the eisberg, because mods are pretty merciful.
On a more mixed board i would have expected 70:30 for Zelda, but on NeoGAF that's not a big surprise since the vast majority here are PlayStation fans.
Just because a poll ended in a tie, pisses you off that much? I couldn't care less about both of these games I voted neither, but isn't a 50/50 a more mixed result?

Last edited:

Wohc

Banned
Just because a poll ended in a tie, pisses you off that much? I couldn't care less about both of these game I voted neither, but isn't a 50/50 a more mixed result?
Do i sound pissed off? I'm not, i didn't even play BOTW. I just find polls quite useless when it comes to exclusive games. You can also bet that green trolls, who never played any of the games, only voted for BOTW because the other game is a Sony game.

Last edited:

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
The average gaffer is a graphics whore, it's not surprising at all
Graphics has nothing to do with it. Zelda is simplified and the blind fans don't see it. I grew up with Zelda and still believe Zelda: A link to the past is the best in the series. You compare Zelda BOTW open world to something like Witcher 3 and it's not even close. The Witcher 3 shits all over BOTW from things to do, variety of quest, while feeling like a live open world.

GOW: Ragnarok is not open world but is an adventure type of game. Combat, Characters, Story telling, etc are just more more interesting to many people. Zelda has gotten stale with killing X variation of Gannon for like the 25th time.

The Truth is, you take Breath of the Wild and replace the name Zelda with something else. Lets say Little Elves: BOTW. I doubt it cracks higher than an 8 on most review websites. It's a vast open empty world for the most part in BOTW. Highly overated IMO.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Here comes the console war Zelda vs god of war, Zelda needs traditional dungeons, “divine beasts” and “shrines” aren’t as memorable but that’s it, otherwise breath of the wild stayed out of trouble. God of war’s story could be deeper.

Robb

Gold Member
The Witcher 3 shits all over BOTW from things to do, variety of quest, while feeling like a live open world.
I think this is a difficult comparison to make.

Witcher 3 is an RPG and I agree it does all the things you mention way better than BotW. Zelda has never focused on any of that stuff in any prior game though.

Zelda is more action/adventure with a focus on puzzle solving and It most definitely “shits all over” Witcher 3 in terms of gameplay design, physics, freedom and puzzles design. Any puzzle/shrine in the game can be solved in a multitude of different ways, all accounted for by the physics/chemistry engine, and the share amount and variety of puzzles in Zelda is just next to none compared to Witcher 3.

But that’s just my two cents. Both amazing games though, but for very different reasons.

Last edited:

Type_Raver

Yes these games are dramatically different in some ways but also Dramatically the same in others. Both are adventure types with Combat, both have lore around gods, and both have epic scales.

AS a switch/ps5 owner it's a tough decisions for me. Yes I will get both eventually but time for gaming is hard these days. For me it's a fairly easy decicion in GOW: Ragnarok but each his own. If you could choose one, which would it be?
Closer than I thought at this time...

• GOW: Ragnarok​

Votes: 49%
  • Zelda: BOTW 2​

Votes: 47%
  • Neither​

Votes: 4.0%

GenericUser

Breath of the Wild 2. I didn't play botw1 and ragnarok looks like a DLC. It also comes out on the PS4, so it suffers from severe technical limitations. If ragnarok would be a PS5 game, I'd be hyped about it though.

Lethal01

BoTW 2

Despite being game of the generation it's still underrated, I get it has tons of clones and tons of developers copying it but there still aren't nearly enough learning from what it did.

The only game that can kind of compete with my excitement for it is Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth.

God of War was a perfectly solid game though

Breath of the Wild 2. I didn't play botw1 and ragnarok looks like a DLC. It also comes out on the PS4, so it suffers from severe technical limitations. If ragnarok would be a PS5 game, I'd be hyped about it though.

If God of War is DLC what is this?

lbmfadqupt571.png

And I love Breath of The Wild and look forward to playing it just as much as GoW but lets not pretend they arent both iterative sequels. They both rebooted their franchises last game, this DLC shit is nonsense, and I’ll take the ‘technical limitations’ of the ps4 over the technical limitations over the switch.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Botw 2 no contention. There's hundreds of hours I bet in that game of pure adventuring should I seek it I bet. While I can't wait for God of war it will be an all In one and done story and side content flex.

Breath of the wild 2 I can ignore the internet and just get lost in the wonder of it all.

GenericUser

If God of War is DLC what is this?

lbmfadqupt571.png

And I love Breath of The Wild and look forward to playing it just as much as GoW but lets not pretend they are both iterative sequels. They both rebooted their franchises last game, this DLC shit is nonsense, and I’ll take the ‘technical limitations’ of the ps4 over the technical limitations over the switch.
I know what you are trying to say. Yeah, botw2 is also like DLC for botw, but as I said, I haven't played botw at all (because I don't own a nintendo device). So, if I had to choose between the two, botw2 it is. Everything about ragnarok looks like DLC and that fact that it's stuck on ancient hardware (PS4) doesn't help at all to get me excited.

I know what you are trying to say. Yeah, botw2 is also like DLC for botw, but as I said, I haven't played botw at all (because I don't own a nintendo device). So, if I had to choose between the two, botw2 it is. Everything about ragnarok looks like DLC and that fact that it's stuck on ancient hardware (PS4) doesn't help at all to get me excited.

Game sequels existed before the term “DLC” its ok to just call it what it is, a sequel. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 isn’t Sonic the Hedgehog DLC, Super Mario galaxy 2 isn’t Super Mario Galaxy DLC, Mass Effect 2 isn’t Mass Effect DLC

The idea that full fledged game sequels are being called DLC comes off condescending and obnoxious

Last edited:

Gamer79

Botw2 comes out on a switch which is a fraction as powerful as the ps4. I don't understand your point.

Botw 2 looks exactly the same as the original Botw. I don't understand your point.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
GOW 2018 is one of my favourite games of all time, but I'm not hyped for the sequel. Maybe it's because it's not as a drastic change to the franchise as 2018 was.

I've never really played a Zelda game. Nintendo games don't really do it for me, beside Mario Kart which is great to play with the family. Zelda has never been a franchise that I've been interested in and haven't really touched since the 90s.

Gamer79

I think you would get more hours out of Zelda than god of war
I got to be honest. I am a Zelda fan and still think A link to the past is one of the best games ever made. After about 20 hours of BOTW I was pretty damn bored. Just my take.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I got to be honest. I am a Zelda fan and still think A link to the past is one of the best games ever made. After about 20 hours of BOTW I was pretty damn bored. Just my take.

I didn’t gel with God of war, don’t get me wrong the game looks amazing but wasn’t for me. BOTW I finished but was disappoint after defeating the final boss I couldn’t just go round finishing stuff I. You have to reload your last save and just do it without killing the boss

Gamerguy84

Im loving this more of the same for GoWR.

The formula was just changed for 2018 and was a success, Id be upset if they tried to change it again.

Game videos never translate the same from internet to home screen. This game is going to look and play amazing.

Top Bottom