• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GR: PS5 and Xbox Series are Neck and Neck for 2022 (Up: Nintendo lolz - post #273+)

Who will be crowned UK King of 2022?

• Nintendo

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • Sony

Votes: 60 51.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Switch is clearly a hybrid and should be celebrated as such.
Of the Switch total hardware sales worldwide as September 2022, only a measly 16.9% come from the handheld-only Switch (Lite) and the share are declining quarter after quarter.
Interesting statistic.
The majority of game releases on TV consoles like PS5 and XBS comes from mid/small productions, most of which are shared with Switch (and PC, of course).
Hogwarts Legacy is one of the biggest games this year and will hit Switch like the other consoles. It really does not make any sense to try and act like it is not part of the traditional console market.

reksveks

Switch is clearly a handheld at this point and is selling like the ds and 3ds clearly to kids. There will always be more kids.
You then disagree with the demographics data in the Nintendo investors slides I assume?

Comparing it to consoles is a bit disingenuous. Especially since it can’t even play 99% of the games released on consoles. Just like the ds and 3ds before it.
When people say stuff like this, I do generally ask for data but I suspect that it maybe lacking in this case.

Woopah

Switch is clearly a handheld at this point and is selling like the ds and 3ds clearly to kids. There will always be more kids.

Comparing it to consoles is a bit disingenuous. Especially since it can’t even play 99% of the games released on consoles. Just like the ds and 3ds before it.

The success of the switch should be celebrated but in proper context.

Switch, PS5 and Xbox Series are all dedicated video game platforms and can be compared as such. Just like 3DS, PS4, Vita, Wii U and Xbox One

I don't think the age of people buying a platform really adds much context. If we were to compare PS4 to Switch for instance, does it matter which has the most teenagers or the most people in their 40s? A sale is still a sale.

Top Bottom