• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7’s microtransactions are live, and GT Sports’ $5 cars now cost $40

Rykan

oh I troll a bit, but no trolling on that comment if I'm being honest. Like...semi trolling lol

I play the GT series like I play the Souls series or any hard RPG or long game. To get all the cars, max them out etc. So telling me an endurance race will be hard or it will take a while to get the credits to buy a car isn't some wild fucking concept, its part of why many play the game.

So telling someone a GT game is hard is like telling someone a Souls game is hard. They simply won't give a fuck as to why the game is even charted at #1. Simps looking for the game to be on easy mode or hand outs or millennial participation trophies and or some shit.
Imagine wanting to have an opinion on this subject and not understanding the difference between repetitive grinding and genuine difficulty. The fact that YOU of all people are talking about simps is so ironic that I hope Neogaf has backup servers to keep the website from collapsing.

RafterXL

Imagine wanting to have an opinion on this subject and not understanding the difference between repetitive grinding and genuine difficulty. The fact that YOU of all people are talking about simps is so ironic that I hope Neogaf has backup servers to keep the website from collapsing.
Yeah, claiming collecting cars is "difficulty" and comparing it to Souls is next level delusion. What a chode.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
ah, that's why people already trying to find exploits...

gt7sucksf2js1.png

doesn't look good. the grind in older GT games wasn't like this. the whole game is build around selling you MTX. it's exploitative and inexcusable.
do you honestly think they did this for the longtime fans? as a way to innovate or bring the genre forward? out of sincerity and passion for gaming? of course not, they did it to make the most amount of money by any means possible and without any shame whatsoever. they were supposed to improve the grind, not making it worse and couple it with ridiculous overpriced MTX.

comparison of the economy between all GT games:

look at this shit:

unknown.png

let's summarize it:
  • you can't sell cars
  • you have time limited events
  • car parts/upgrades eat up your earnings
  • fucking roulette payouts suck ass
  • the grind is slow and repetitive, the worst it has ever been
  • always online, most likely to get rid of the exploits

sounds like a freemium smartphone game... and yet it's a full priced AAA game. fucking embarrassing.
the sony defense force eats it up though. bon appetit.

Exactly it's a fremium game with a full price tag. The fanboys will defend them no matter what.

I was on the fence about buying this but now I won't touch this with a 10 foot poll.

They got greedy and people are seeing it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Exactly it's a fremium game with a full price tag. The fanboys will defend them no matter what.

I was on the fence about buying this but now I won't touch this with a 10 foot poll.

They got greedy and people are seeing it.
Basically.

People got to remember that Sony is trending this way with all their GAAS focus because their Gaming Division is the biggest and best one for profits. It blew by the other divisions starting with the PS4 era. So there's no turning back.

Like any corporation, it's all about growth growth growth. And the biggest divisions in any company carry the load on its shoulders. And the biggest tech companies all skew to software.

Of course Sony can try to take their foot of the gas from gaming and try to get their TVs, music and movie divisions to pick up the slack while letting PS focus on big SP games with no pissy mtx, but they arent giving that up.

Lucky for all gaming companies, there's been a giant skew to insanely profitable digital sales and mtx to boost their profits, but the console unit base has been stagnant (even dropping) for 10 years. Sounds weird, but there was more hardware sold during the 2000s when you'd think with the big surge in gaming now there should be double the hardware out there. Instead, it seems gaming gravitated to mobile and growth in PC gaming while console unit sales is stuck like it's 2010.

Sony knows this so that's why GAAS and branching out to PC has been a focus lately.

For Xbox it's different. The gaming portion of their company is so small and negligible, all it gets is a couple bullet points buried in that division that has other stuff in it. If Xbox sales only grow 3%, nobody cares because the meat and potatoes is that Azure division and the usual servers and office software product lines. Just to show how negligible Xbox is, the segment in 20 years has probably lost money or barely made money, yet it's still around like a rich guy spending money on a money sink hobby.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

oh I troll a bit, but no trolling on that comment if I'm being honest. Like...semi trolling lol

I play the GT series like I play the Souls series or any hard RPG or long game. To get all the cars, max them out etc. So telling me an endurance race will be hard or it will take a while to get the credits to buy a car isn't some wild fucking concept, its part of why many play the game.

So telling someone a GT game is hard is like telling someone a Souls game is hard. They simply won't give a fuck as to why the game is even charted at #1. Simps looking for the game to be on easy mode or hand outs or millennial participation trophies and or some shit.

Taking longer to buy cars doesn’t make it hard or challenging though. I would have loved a long career mode where you climb up from a shit car to like a f1 car. The game doesn’t even have any of the themed cups they added into GT Sport which was like 300 races. They could have made like 100 different eco or one lap challenges or something.

They just made the grind longer by removing bonus and lowering payouts for no benefit to the player with like 1/3 of the solo content of GT Sport. It’s not just complaining about mtx.

Last edited:

Brigandier

I had to put that absolute cockwomble on ignore after reading that shower of shit....

Anyone defending Polyphonys practices is an idiot of the highest proportions, It's scummy.

EDMIX

Taking longer to buy cars doesn’t make it hard or challenging though. I would have loved a long career mode where you climb up from a shit car to like a f1 car. The game doesn’t even have any of the themed cups they added into GT Sport which was like 300 races. They could have made like 100 different eco or one lap challenges or something.

They just made the grind longer by removing bonus and lowering payouts for no benefit to the player with like 1/3 of the solo content of GT Sport. It’s not just complaining about mtx.

I enjoy the grind of getting cars in GT and leveling up really in any game tbh.

If someone wants to pay for it, I don't give a shit btw.

Its a video game, they have no ode to make it easier cause someone is crying about it. Play another game then. Easy lol

At this point, its a contest of people to see who can cry hardest and do Huffpost outrage victimhood shit. Be like "please be as mad as me"

giphy.gif

No one needs to make this game on easy for some millennial participation trophy. Git Good or play an easier game like Need For Speed or Mario Kart or something. GT isn't for everyone, it has no history of being easy.

PanzerAzel

I enjoy the grind of getting cars in GT and leveling up really in any game tbh.

If someone wants to pay for it, I don't give a shit btw.

Its a video game, they have no ode to make it easier cause someone is crying about it. Play another game then. Easy lol

At this point, its a contest of people to see who can cry hardest and do Huffpost outrage victimhood shit. Be like "please be as mad as me"

giphy.gif

No one needs to make this game on easy for some millennial participation trophy. Git Good or play an easier game like Need For Speed or Mario Kart or something. GT isn't for everyone, it has no history of being easy.
As you informed me a while ago you’ve had me on ignore (and by the looks of it from this thread, it must be a long list 😂), so you’ll probably not see this, but I have to wonder about people like you regardless:

Is there a point where you’d come to agree that the economy is unbalanced, or tilted towards the encouragement of MTXs? If a race handed out 1,000 credits instead of 30,000 and cars were 20,000,000, would you still maintain your position? Because there doesn’t seem to be any nuance or gradient in your argument that is predicated upon the facts of the actual economic considerations of the game, only a general blanket dismissal claiming everyone whiners who dares to question them. You’re not arguing to the specific, you’re shilling towards the general.

When would it ever get to a point where you’d stop and say, “Hey, c’mon now, this is becoming unreasonable“?

I don’t think that point would ever come, because it’s obvious you’re not predicating your defense on the economy, but on some other factor, whether it be system/company loyalty or whatnot.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As for you guys talking difficulty, to me grinding (time) and getting slaughtered (Dark Souls boss) are both facets of difficulty to achieve something in gaming.

One might be easy to do but take forever. Clearing out Skyrim caves and towers and quests arent that hard on their own, but when there's like 300 locations to clear and 200 quests to check off a list, there's probably not one person on Earth who bothered doing it all.

The other is outright difficulty like trying to beat some NES game (which is really only 20 minutes of content), but you can get tossed against endless waves of enemies, combined with shitty controls it makes it possibly impossible. Maybe my skills were just shit at the time as a kid, but I never beat Battletoads because I was never able to get past the jetbike level hopping those barriers! I bailed.

Last edited:

EDMIX

One might be easy to do but take forever. Clearing out Skyrim caves and towers and quests arent that hard on their own, but when there's like 300 locations to clear and 200 quests to check off a list, there's probably not one person on Earth who bothered doing it all.

True, or those Korok Seeds in BoTW. I'm more then positive I 100%ed Skyrim on a playthrough, not the first though. Second or 3rd run I recall looking to do everything. It depends on the game as I don't 100% games often.

Maybe my skills were just shit at the time as a kid, but I never beat Battletoads because I was never able to get past the jetbike level hopping those barriers! I bailed.

lol same. I don't think I ever even got close to beating Battletoads.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Just got my second Evo, The Evo Final Edition
Switched to comfort:hard and went straight to Tokyo Expressway
It's nice seeing the side of cars through your windscreen as you pass them by on bends 😏

Top Bottom