• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7’s microtransactions are live, and GT Sports’ $5 cars now cost $40

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I just got GT7 yesterday and been playing all day. How do you sell cars you don't want. It only has discard option.
I do not believe you can. Hopefully they add the option.

Quick way to get credits. I am sure there are other more efficient ways too, but early on this works well. I personally have yet to grind due to the game's progression giving me what I need so far.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
PS5 games from sony are 80€. the conversion from US$, £ and € is not 1 to 1 for games, and it hasn't been for a while now.

so Horizon Forbidden West on PS5 (should you be dumb enough to let sony scam you with that version) is $70 but in Europe it's 80€

yp9aB39.jpg
Mainly it's due to VAT, so that works for MS (well almost) 60 USD + 21% VAT = 66EUR (still 4 ojros MS, watching you), but sadly for Sony it doesn't. I am comparing the PSN prices, retail as some threads have shown, could be have to very good price. But alas in my country, there are basically no options to get it substantial cheaper, if you don't want cover which is in Russian (which I guess dries down now too).

Tho this conversation is largely about how long can you wait, because in general PS games are on retail sale way more often.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The server downtime occurred just as the game was garnering more controversy over its in-game currency, and the way that players have to play the game for long periods of time to earn enough credits to buy some of its better cars.

Rather than easing the amount of grinding necessary, the 1.07 patch instead reduced the amount of in-game currency some races reward, thereby making it harder to unlock new cars, despite widespread criticism of the game’s microtransactions.

Addressing the controversy in the same statement, Yamauchi claimed that the situation would eventually be resolved with further content due to be released at an unspecified point in the future.

“In GT7 I would like to have users enjoy lots of cars and races even without microtransactions,” he claimed. “At the same time the pricing of cars is an important element that conveys their value and rarity, so I do think it’s important for it to be linked with the real world prices.

“I want to make GT7 a game in which you can enjoy a variety of cars lots of different ways, and if possible would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again.

“We will in time let you know the update plans for additional content, additional race events and additional features that will constructively resolve this. It pains me that I can’t explain the details regarding this at this moment, but we plan on continuing to revise GT7 so that as many players as possible can enjoy the game.

“We would really appreciate it if everyone could watch over the growth of Gran Turismo 7 from a somewhat longer term point of view.”

Y0ssarian

Banned
Ah yes, its developers trying to sell a solution for a problem they themselves created. How are people still falling for this crap? The grind has been designed delibaretly to get players to spend money on the game to skip it. This isn't some kind of "solution" to an unavoidable problem.
I think you and the guy you are quoting both make good points tbqh. I won't be playing the game but I do care if this shit starts happening in every Snoy game going forward

Brigandier

Excellent video thanks for sharing, I haven't played since launch weekend as I've been hammering Elden Ring.

I won't be coming back to GT7, Selling it tomorrow I can not play a game that deliberately fucks it's player base up the ass with MTs like this and reduces rewards for winning races which has been done purposely to lure people into buying credits....

These are the kind of industry practices that deserve genuine attention and criticism.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I usually don't endorse review bombing, but in this case, it is absolutely justified and hopefully will influence Sony (and others) to do better. The only thing we as consumers can do is answer with our pockets, so if people now think twice before supporting this game when they see the disappointment many have with it, then that's all for the better.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
And another way to entice people grinding and buy mtx is to get rid of selling cars. Something GT games have had. They even promoted it. Their official store page still says it as I checked too. I bet the sell feature was planned and ready to go the whole time but they yanked it to hope more gamers buy mtx and pts. That's why the PR person wrote the paragraph not knowing.

Don't be surprised if selling cars becomes a feature in the game later as mtx buying tones down or the bad PR lingers. Just watch.

DHhee2D.jpg

Gran Turismo 7 Description Says That Players Can Sell Cars Even If the Game Doesn’t Let You​

by Kenneth Araullo
March 21, 2022 10:26 am in News

Some shrewd-eyed users on Reddit have spotted that you can apparently sell cars according to a Gran Turismo 7 description, even if the game doesn’t let you. This comes at the heels of the game’s current controversies, with so many issues not beginning to pile up (from race rewards being reduced, to server outages affecting the campaign) that even the boss of the studio has since offered apologies.

This newest report comes from a Reddit thread on the official Gran Turismo sub, where user CMDR_Rrah screenshotted a description of Gran Turismo 7 that apparently borders on false advertising. While the description for the game on the official store page says that you can “sell your way” through a solo campaign, you can’t actually sell any cars in the game.

A quick cursory glance over on the official store page for the game still reads as such based on a screenshot we took :
Screenshot-2022-03-21-at-22-08-01-Gran-Turismo%C2%AE-7.png

Last edited:

EDMIX

The main way to get cars is via ingame earned credits.

There is no exclusive car via MTX.

Ohhhh. I see.

So.....this thread is pretty much fucking nothing then? lol

so-that-was-a-fucking-lie-lies.gif

I never get this thing of fucking crying over an optional thing as a MTX. I don't buy them, will just earn the content in game, don't fucking care. Not even sure why someone else would cry over such shit, you can buy orbs in DMC, who the fuck is really crying over this dumb shit? This is a nothing story lol

Be like "SOMEONE can buy da cars, datz not da farez" Let me help folks out here, someone can watch the game streamed too, they can buy a game save, shit they can buy a whole ass PS4 or PS5 that has the whole game completed...someone going to make a thread of tears for that dumb shit too?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I never get this thing of fucking crying over an optional thing as a MTX. I don't buy them, will just earn the content in game, don't fucking care. Not even sure why someone else would cry over such shit, you can buy orbs in DMC, who the fuck is really crying over this dumb shit? This is a nothing story lol
Yes and No. If the economy were tuned to make earning in game rewards incredibly long and tedious then, if the game were to ship with very few affordable cars (in-game-credits wise), people would have a quite strong point to be upset about.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Yes and No. If the economy were tuned to make earning in game rewards incredibly long and tedious there is a point if the game were to ship with very few in game credits wise affordable cars.

Agreed on that point, but GT has been known to be a bit of a grindy CarPG with leveing up cars, doing wild endurance races etc. I just think people will just attack that concept making it sound like the race is long cause of MTX or something.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Agreed on that point, but GT has been known to be a bit of a grindy CarPG with leveing up cars, doing wild endurance races etc. I just think people will just attack that concept making it sound like the race is long cause of MTX or something.
Agreed, we will see if they resist to the temptation or just abuse the heck out of it…

Fox Mulder

I like the game and won’t buy mtx, but hate the game economy.

There is no long career mode progressing from a low car to faster race cars. There’s not even the variety of themed cups like in GT Sport. It just pays you shit for doing races to extend a grind. The cafe career mode is a tutorial and the game even lacks content for the faster cars in the game.

People are complaining because the entire game feels built with changes to push buying credits with FOMO tactics, shitty payouts, and stingy daily rewards. They already patched down a popular grinding race when they didn’t bother in GT Sport. That game also gave you a car every day you did the daily workout or even on your birthday.

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
Well the credits and mtx prices weren't a mistake that's obvious. I'm putting the game down indefinitely until this is resolved satisfactorily. The car prices reflecting real world rarity and value is ridiculous and the real world money needed to buy the more expensive cars means for the most part, people without the means to buy a nice car in real life will be in much the same situation in gt7. So Polyphony wants to keep the plebs from enjoying the truly exclusive cars huh? One could make that argument.

And I'm aware you can grind credits but the time to earn them is exorbitant. Meaning the people with the means to skip the grind will be the people who can afford it. I bought the 25th anniversary edition. I'm not spending a cent on mtx purely out of principle at this point.

Every GT is a grind for cars. I have hundreds of hours into GT3, 4, 5 and 6. Seven feels about the same level of GT grind.

Buying in game money with real money does suck. If the game is geared to make you buy more credits it's pretty mild all things being equal.

Yes I know I won't convince anyone bitching about it in this thread. Just wanted to share my experience.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Hey Yamauchi, you want real world car prices? Okay - I can start any race from p16 and finish first. Pay me like Merc pays Lewis or Red Bull pays Verstappen. I have a higher podium rate than booth if them. XD

Won’t even show up if I can’t get a mill per race.

Fox Mulder

Every GT is a grind for cars. I have hundreds of hours into GT3, 4, 5 and 6. Seven feels about the same level of GT grind.

Buying in game money with real money does suck. If the game is geared to make you buy more credits it's pretty mild all things being equal.

Yes I know I won't convince anyone bitching about it in this thread. Just wanted to share my experience.

People did math with previous games. Gran Turismo 7 has the slowest economy of any Gran Turismo title.

The game economy is factually worse even if it feels fine to you.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
People did math with previous games. Gran Turismo 7 has the slowest economy of any Gran Turismo title.

I legitimately wonder whether this was a Kaz decision or a Sony higher-up mandate ?

According to that post:

GT7 is faster than GT3 by 70%. Slower than GT5 by about 3%. That's why it feels about right because it is about right. If this is a scheme to sell more credits it's probably the worst one ever.

kiphalfton

Whatever happened to putting in a cheat code and getting all cars/etc., for those lazy enough or cba to play the whole game?

Killer8

It's actually even worse than this article suggests. They are mainly going by credits per hour, plus how much it costs to buy the most expensive cars - which are indeed bad by themselves. But what I noticed and pointed out in another thread is how even low level cars are generally more expensive in GT7 on top of the slower economy.

Honda S2000 '99 for example - excluding GT4 as an outlier, it has cost ~33,800 credits to buy this car in every entry since GT2. The price in GT7? Three times as much at 100,100 credits.

So not only is money making slower, you need even more of it generally speaking.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
  • Audi R18 TDI ’11 ($2.99 in GT Sport) – 3,000,000 credits in GT 7 ($40)
same car in gt6 cost was 2 mln credits that were £15 when gt6 released
No
EEocWw1.jpg

Yet again people are comparing the in game credits value and converting it to the real money it costs to purchase credits available on PSN and using the MTX cars that was made available later that are a few quid to make out they have gone up in price when they haven't.
MTX cars are not available in GT7 yet
And probably won't be for few months

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

According to that post:

GT7 is faster than GT3 by 70%. Slower than GT5 by about 3%. That's why it feels about right because it is about right. If this is a scheme to sell more credits it's probably the worst one ever.

It explains it fully in the article how older games also had more bonuses, larger payouts, lower prices for most expensive cars, and could sell cars. The conclusion at the end is that GT7 is the worst GT economy.

I don’t think places like GT Planet would be melting down as much if it felt right to people.

Last edited:

Rykan

Ohhhh. I see.

So.....this thread is pretty much fucking nothing then? lol

Be like "SOMEONE can buy da cars, datz not da farez" Let me help folks out here, someone can watch the game streamed too, they can buy a game save, shit they can buy a whole ass PS4 or PS5 that has the whole game completed...someone going to make a thread of tears for that dumb shit too?
It's amazing how people like you continue to miss the point. Allow me to break it down for you.

Lets first compare it to DMC. A play through of DMC 5 is about 10 hours in length or so. During that playthrough, you'll have unlocked most of the abilities you want and you'll probably have everything unlocked in about 15 hours or so. That's not that unreasonable. In 15 hours, you'll have unlocked nothing of value in GT7.

The whole reason why people are complaining about this is because GT7's Grind is incredibly long, uses predatory schemes like timed availability and then offers a "solution" in terms of MTX. Now if you actually believe that the grind in GT7 isn't deliberately designed to strongly encourage additional spending through MTX, then I'm inclined to warn you to not take candy from strangers and to not get into the van to pet that mans dog because you'd be incredibly gullible.

Comparing it to completed save files is missing the point so much that I'm not even going to adress it.

PS5 games from sony are 80€. the conversion from US$, £ and € is not 1 to 1 for games, and it hasn't been for a while now.

so Horizon Forbidden West on PS5 (should you be dumb enough to let sony scam you with that version) is $70 but in Europe it's 80€

yp9aB39.jpg
Bought ER, GT7 and HZD on release day for 490kr each which is like 47€.

jigglet

Banned
The question is, how many credits can you earn while playing the game, let's say per hour? and is it fun to grind?

This. I play Rainbow Six Siege and every time I hear an outsider bash the game for its credit system all I can think is: fucking really? Even when I play casually (an hour or two a day) I earn enough renown to unlock every new operator each season. If I play moderately, I earn enough to unlock everything within 6-12 months tops from a brand spanking new account. If I play obsessively, I end up with a surplus of maybe 200k renown every season with absolutely nothing to spend on. Granted, I never buy skins, but why should optional cosmetic content have any bearing on the conversation.

If you have fun, then stfu.

If you don't, then by all means complain.

There's a lot of predatory MTX in this industry. But I'm kind of tired of people blindly bashing any form of MTX (and GT could very well be one of them, I don't know, but look under the hood first before you unleash that outrage).

Last edited:

EDMIX

The whole reason why people are complaining about this is because GT7's Grind is incredibly long

Thats the whole fucking series.

They've always had such deep levels of completion as endurance races have existed with the IP since THE FIRST FUCKING GT.

Thank you for letting us know you are a bandwagon "fan" and don't actually know this series.

No reason to cry over this as if no GT has had grinding and the series is literally known for this before online gaming, like every damn entry has this concept.

An easy ignore. =)

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member

They've always had such deep levels of completion as endurance races have existed with the IP since THE FIRST FUCKING GT.

Thank you for letting us know you are a bandwagon "fan" and don't actually know this series.

No reason to cry over this as if no GT has had grinding and the series is literally known for this before online gaming, like every damn entry has this concept.

An easy ignore. =)
the copium is strong in this one. The grind has become significantly worse and repetitive. Even further, there is literally not a single reason (other than making people buy MTX of course) why the series can't evolve from this.

Rykan

An easy ignore. =)
The ignorance on display is stunning.

The whole reason why people are complaining is that the grind is MUCH longer than previously enties. So no, it isn't the "whole fucking series".

But hey, keep talking about "bandwagon fans" (The fuck does this even mean?) while you get nickel and dimed in a 70$ full priced game. It's amusing to watch Fanboys like you get screwed over and then thank them for it.

Last edited:

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
So you pay $70 for the game and then to avoid major grinding that adults with jobs do not have the time for they charge you crazy amount of real cash for cars already in the game you paid for?

TbLoYK.gif

Last edited:

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
So you pay $70 for the game and then to avoid major grinding that adults with jobs do not have the time for they charge you crazy amount of real cash for cars already in the game you paid for?

TbLoYK.gif
90 if you bought the anniversary edition. Which many fans since the very first game likely did. Gotta gouge your longest standing customers the most

Fox Mulder

An easy ignore. =)

gt planet, a fan site that’s been around for 20 years posted an article doing the math and concluded GT7 is the worst economy in the series. It’s stingy with credits, car prices, and rewards. You don’t even get a birthday car anymore. It was done to sell the mtx.

You can call people names but even something like the metacritic user score wouldn’t be 1.6 if this was normal for the franchise.

Last edited:

EDMIX

gt planet, a fan site that’s been around for 20 years posted an article doing the math and concluded GT7 is the worst economy in the series. It’s stingy with credits, car prices, and rewards. You don’t even get a birthday car anymore. It was done to sell the mtx.

You can call people names but even something like the metacritic user score wouldn’t be 1.6 if this was normal for the franchise.

git gud

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
nope.

Some of you simply have never played a fucking GT game before and it shows.

Imagine not knowing you grind to buy cars in GT lol What the fuck did you think was happening in the other games? How did you think you earned cars in that shit?
ah, that's why people already trying to find exploits...

gt7sucksf2js1.png

doesn't look good. the grind in older GT games wasn't like this. the whole game is build around selling you MTX. it's exploitative and inexcusable.
do you honestly think they did this for the longtime fans? as a way to innovate or bring the genre forward? out of sincerity and passion for gaming? of course not, they did it to make the most amount of money by any means possible and without any shame whatsoever. they were supposed to improve the grind, not making it worse and couple it with ridiculous overpriced MTX.

comparison of the economy between all GT games:

look at this shit:

unknown.png

let's summarize it:
  • you can't sell cars
  • you have time limited events
  • car parts/upgrades eat up your earnings
  • fucking roulette payouts suck ass
  • the grind is slow and repetitive, the worst it has ever been
  • always online, most likely to get rid of the exploits

sounds like a freemium smartphone game... and yet it's a full priced AAA game. fucking embarrassing.
the sony defense force eats it up though. bon appetit.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
What a shit show..

maybe Sony is going to do a game pass like if this is how they will monetize there games…

EDMIX

How about stop defending bullshit? You did this same thing with BF2042.

When the major fansite for this franchise is calling them out on this nonsense maybe it's not something you should be white knighting for?

How about git gud? lol

I don't buy any MTX, don't give a shit about MTX and will actually fucking play the game to earn cars in the game, as the whole fucking series has been about that.

So yea, I'm defending playing a fucking game to earn the cars in the game. I could give 2 fucking shits who is paying instead of playing. No one is forcing anyone to buy a car, no cars are locked behind a pay wall. Its even more funny coming from a person that literally plays Souls games known for being hard, yet is crying over a racing game being hard that has been this way BEFORE the Souls series? foh

annnnnnd ignored!

Back to GT! lol stay mad i guess =)

damn look how mad those gamers are!! /s

SMOKES Elden Ring o_o

CrazyFoolhardyAplomadofalcon-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Sega Orphan

Banned
This is really a shit stain of a thing. Some people are so willing to gag on the end of Sony's dick is embarrassing to watch. I actually feel embarrassed for some people here.
So according to some here Sony increased the prices for cars because GT is about grind and Sony are dedicated to making the game be about that grind. Fuck off. If that was the truth then Sony would take option to buy cars out of their game completely. They would make the game totally about that GT grind. It's a 100% shitty MTX money grab and Sony doesn't give two fucks about your delusions of grind. I can guaran fucking tee you Sony would rather you buy that car for $80 then race around a track 500 fucking times in a Honda Civic to acrue the points to buy the car with. Anyone else saying different is a company shill and hack.
Same goes to MS if they dare Introduce that shit in Forza MS.
Stop embarrising yourself by defending this. Call out your God Sony and demand better so we all get better.
The game is a stink average up grade from GT Sport. Why did the majority of car models top out around 2017 when GT Sport was released? No crash physics? Minimal graphics improvements over GT Sport. What were Polyphony doing for 5 years?
My brother in law brought his PS5 over and we played Forza Horizon 5 and Forza 7 on my XSX and GT7 on his PS5. I wasn't going to post about it because I would look like an idiot because I was posting how Good Polyphony are with racing games and if you own a PS5 there's no need to play Forza on a Xbox as you have everything you need in a car sim with GT. Well, fuck that. I'm eating crow. I was really, really disappointed about GT7. Forza Horizon 5 and even last gen Forza 7 Trump GT7. My BIL was also saying that Forza is so much better.
This is horse shit. Polyphony are probably the greatest car game developers ever. Their GT pedigree is un matched over such a long period of time. To then see what they released, on top of the bullshit car prices, and the rubbish always on line crap is just so wrong.
I remember everyone saying how GT Sport was just an interval before the big jump in GT7 came. Just like GT HD was.
I'm gobsmacked. And to think PS owners are going to no doubt have to wait until the PS6 before they get another chance at a awesome GT game.

RafterXL

Oh look, another apologist clown sticking his head in the sand and ignoring reality.

Here are the FACTS GT7 was ALREADY the slowest in progression for ANY game in the series BEFORE they nerfed the shit out of race rewards. AFTER it's significantly slower. You earn less credits, cars cost more, and you can't sell cars. They are 100% trying to push MTX. People acting like this is how it's always been are stupid and don't know shit about how its always been.

"Why Gran Turismo 7’s Latest Update Has Outraged Fans – GTPlanet" https://www.gtplanet.net/gt7-latest-update-has-outraged-fans-20220317/

EDMIX

I expected better trolling.

oh I troll a bit, but no trolling on that comment if I'm being honest. Like...semi trolling lol

I play the GT series like I play the Souls series or any hard RPG or long game. To get all the cars, max them out etc. So telling me an endurance race will be hard or it will take a while to get the credits to buy a car isn't some wild fucking concept, its part of why many play the game.

So telling someone a GT game is hard is like telling someone a Souls game is hard. They simply won't give a fuck as to why the game is even charted at #1. Simps looking for the game to be on easy mode or hand outs or millennial participation trophies and or some shit.

Top Bottom