• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 Booklet More Details

ethomaz

Banned
A twitter user reveled some pics from the GT7 booklet.
There are some new info there like:

• Two Ferrari models never saw in GT games: F8 Tributo (2020) and F12berlinetta (old model).
  • 420 cars models in high quality.
  • 300 cars from 60 manufactures made since 2011.
  • You can store 1000 cars on Garage at launch (enough for two cars of each one)
  • Some tuning explanations.
  • 600 aerodynamic items and 130 different types of wheel.
  • More than 90 circuit layouts.
  • 2500 Scapes locations across 40 countries.

gt7-booklet-005-20211217.jpg

gt7-booklet-003-20211217.jpg

gt7-booklet-004-20211217.jpg

gt7-booklet-007-20211217.jpg

gt7-booklet-001-20211217.jpg

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I will copy a user (PettyWingman) direct translation from one page.
162a5a50-3b44-4bcf-9182-afc437213824-jpeg.1099928

Over 420 car models with the highest quality ever.
Over 90 tracks with realistic weather and realistic scenery.
Besides, the long-awaited "GT Mode," which you can enjoy the car life, is back again.
Enjoy various events as buying, selling and tuning the cars and racing.

Brand Central
A shopping mall which over 60 automobile brands assemble.
You can purchase over 300 post-2011 cars here.

Used Cars Dealer
The cars which have been discontinued for a long time are lined up here.
The Japanese historic cars in '80s and '90s are also available.
The lineup would be updated every day.

Garage
Your base of the car life.
Up to 1000 cars can be stored and you can gaze at and setup your car.

Tuning Shop
Engine, tire, brake, suspension etc... a huge amount of tuning parts are available.
You can also purchase the supercharger, turbocharger, weight reduction and rigidity increase.

GT Auto
Dress up your car here.
Over 130 wheels and over 600 aero parts are lined up.
Oil change, car wash, painting and livery editing are also available.

Scapes
Over 2500 photo locations in 40 countries all over the world.
Place your car in a beautiful scene and take realistic HDR photographs.

License Center
Learn the driving technique from scratch.
You can learn from basic techniques to different drivings for each car and course.

Mission Challenge
0-400m Battle, Drifting, Max Speed Challenge, "Music Rally" which you can race to music etc...
You can experience unique events that is different from ordinary racing.

World Circuits
World circuits such as Le Mans and Nürburgring, beloved fictional citcuits such as Trail Mountain...
Over 90 layouts are in this game.

Sorry that my translation is not very good, I used the same words for many times...

Last edited:

CutePoP

Banned
Over 420 car models with the highest quality ever.
Over 90 tracks with realistic weather and realistic scenery.
Besides, the long-awaited "GT Mode," which you can enjoy the car life, is back again.
Enjoy various events as buying, selling and tuning the cars and racing.

Brand Central
A shopping mall which over 60 automobile brands assemble.
You can purchase over 300 post-2011 cars here.

Used Cars Dealer
The cars which have been discontinued for a long time are lined up here.
The Japanese historic cars in '80s and '90s are also available.
The lineup would be updated every day.

Garage
Your base of the car life.
Up to 1000 cars can be stored and you can gaze at and setup your car.

Tuning Shop
Engine, tire, brake, suspension etc... a huge amount of tuning parts are available.
You can also purchase the supercharger, turbocharger, weight reduction and rigidity increase.

GT Auto
Dress up your car here.
Over 130 wheels and over 600 aero parts are lined up.
Oil change, car wash, painting and livery editing are also available.

Scapes
Over 2500 photo locations in 40 countries all over the world.
Place your car in a beautiful scene and take realistic HDR photographs.

License Center
Learn the driving technique from scratch.
You can learn from basic techniques to different drivings for each car and course.

Mission Challenge
0-400m Battle, Drifting, Max Speed Challenge, "Music Rally" which you can race to music etc...
You can experience unique events that is different from ordinary racing.

World Circuits
World circuits such as Le Mans and Nürburgring, beloved fictional citcuits such as Trail Mountain...
Over 90 layouts are in this game.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

"The accompanying text for that sections says that 300 cars from 60 manufacturers made since 2011 will be available to buy in Brand Central. By our count we’ve only seen 48 manufacturers so far, and only 200 cars from 2011 or newer even including GT Sport‘s entire car list for GT7. That suggests there’s still plenty to come in terms of car reveals."

Love it. And fuck yeah about the F8. That car is beautiful.

scalman

PSP GT is so good . dynamic garage and cars that appear only later in garage, that was awesome idea... but not that many cars.. i mean its not previous GT4 numbers at least. ... but hope there wont be premium cars and less detailed cars... because GTS has those... just they dont call it that .. but they have rly ugly detailed cars in GTS .
GTS have really bad detailed cars that even GT6 didint had on PS3.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Always hated this metric as it doesn't mean much, just tell us the actual number of unique tracks PD.

Skifi28

Yeah, I've seen that too, but it's what has been observed from trailers rather than the full list.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
How's GT since the PS3 days? Last one I played was GT4. The first four games were everything that I want in a car collecting track based game. Does it still have the focus on buying an everyday car and tuning it to hell and back to compete? Or it sadly went the route of giving you supercars/hypercars since day 1 like Forza did?

rolandss

PSP GT is so good . dynamic garage and cars that appear only later in garage, that was awesome idea... but not that many cars.. i mean its not previous GT4 numbers at least. ... but hope there wont be premium cars and less detailed cars... because GTS has those... just they dont call it that .. but they have rly ugly detailed cars in GTS .
I had no idea GTS had more and less detailed cars. I’ve never noticed. Can you give me an example I want to check it out.

Aenima

Dont remember seeing any bad detailed car in GTS. All GTS cars was created from scratch for GTS thats why the game came out with very few cars available.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Hold up. Is this going to be like GT 5 & 6 where you have some highly detailed cars and then some less detailed cars carried over from a previous gen?

Aenima

Hold up. Is this going to be like GT 5 & 6 where you have some highly detailed cars and then some less detailed cars carried over from a previous gen?
Nop, all cars in GT7 are from GT Sport plus new cars. GT Sport already has very high detailed cars for photo mode that was not used during gameplay. GT7 will probably be using the higher detailed models on PS5.

Thers only a few prototype cars that dont have the interior modeled, mostly because the car manufactors never designed the interior to these cars. Maybe thats what the other user was refering to less detailed cars.

Last edited:

Outlier

"2500 Scapes locations across 40 countries."

This is going to absorb an ungodly amount of my time.
Feelings Reaction GIF
Unrelated question, but is this gif from the last scene of an old movie, where the kid is revealed to have been an alien and bends his legs backwards, as he runs off?

It's literally the only scene I've seen of the movie and that was when i was a kid.

Mabdia

Bring back Seattle, cowards.

Man... I loved that track.

I want to hate this game because always online. But looks like it will be an amazing game.

How's GT since the PS3 days? Last one I played was GT4. The first four games were everything that I want in a car collecting track based game. Does it still have the focus on buying an everyday car and tuning it to hell and back to compete? Or it sadly went the route of giving you supercars/hypercars since day 1 like Forza did?

GT5 is the worst of the last ones. Yet is an amazing a fun game to play even today. A step up from GT4 gameplay. It uses a lot of PS2 models for some cars with a little polish here and there. Some of these cars ported from PS2 used to not have internal view. They added it but just like PSP's GT, you have a internal view but all inside the car are back and you can't see it. All that so we can have over 1000 cars in the game.

GT6 improved in some aspects. But it manteined the PS2 ported cars. In that GT5 handled better making 2 garages for the cars, the premium cars and standard. Int improved the gameplay and also the graphics of the former game.

GTS is the best one of these. Yet it has a huge problem. It only save the progress online. Besides that, is the best game of the franchise graphic wise and on the gameplay. It is really an amazing game. Playing it online was a blast even in the past month. It have a huge slice in the car account. But it was a good decision. Sounds way better than GT5 and 6.

GT5 (7.5)
GT6 (8)
GTS (9)

Last edited:

Aenima

Well GT Sport, as the name sugests was focused on sport cars. But you still start with a low budget and need to grind races to buy better cars. So you start with cheaper sport cars like a Golf GTi. But was pretty easy to get credits and cars as rewards and soon be driving Ferraris and other supercars.
GT Sport also launched without a single player mode, that was added later but still not felt like a proper carreer mode.
GT7 is suposed to go back to GT roots with proper single player where u can buy used cars, tune and upgrade them, race, buy better cars etc.

One of the new feautures in GT7 (GT Café) seems to have a focus in car collecting, so expect to be able to get alot of cars in your garage at a certain point. Just dunno how slow or how fast it will be to start driving and buying exotic cars.

i19ID9bhBUgl3b.jpg

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ohhh Wide Body mods.

Just hope they havent left out low offset wheels and/or spacers to go with them.
zvyxWG0.png

scalman

Dont remember seeing any bad detailed car in GTS. All GTS cars was created from scratch for GTS thats why the game came out with very few cars available.
plenty. i played it i made screenshots. have proof . there are bad detailed cars there still...hope they will go away for good
ER5p3EJXsAAkz4U

EG1Hc0mWoAEd7gP

EG1HJ5lWwAE42OG

EG1FqOAWwAA1krH

dodge viper cockpit just looks terrible

and many more cars have that there... its not in photo mode its in gameplay replay so no cheating ..and its just looks like those less detailed cars on GT6. i mean GT6 have tesselation on PS3, and now we back to no tesselation here ...

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
plenty. i played it i made screenshots. have proof . there are bad detailed cars there still...hope they will go away for good
ER5p3EJXsAAkz4U

EG1Hc0mWoAEd7gP

EG1HJ5lWwAE42OG

EG1FqOAWwAA1krH

dodge viper cockpit just looks terrible
The car models in GT are not the problem, its the LOD2 they use in game. The scape models are one of the best car models ever created but are never used outside the scape mode. I really hope they use it in GT7 because some of those in game car models are terrible.

scalman

The car models in GT are not the problem, its the LOD2 they use in game. The scape models are one of the best car models ever created but are never used outside the scape mode. I really hope they use it in GT7 because some of those in game car models are terrible.
those are all they put there and other cars looks amazing .. so yh thats that. no need to defend that it looks like shit .

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Glad to see they are putting in more new and younger cars. Forza is starting to lack in that department.

Yoboman

Im super hyped for GT7

Every GT in awhile seems to do something that just let out all the hype like a lead balloon - like the classic cars in GT5-6, or the lack of single player in GT Sport

GT7 seems to be hitting the sweet spot of packed with content while being forward looking enough in all areas while retaining its roots

SkylineRKR

Im super hyped for GT7

Every GT in awhile seems to do something that just let out all the hype like a lead balloon - like the classic cars in GT5-6, or the lack of single player in GT Sport

GT7 seems to be hitting the sweet spot of packed with content while being forward looking enough in all areas while retaining its roots

Plus, GT Sport was updated a lot. If GT7 gets the same amount of attention it might be the only racing game I need this gen.

Markio128

Im super hyped for GT7

Exactly. GT7 seems like a celebration of everything that’s ever been great about the franchise. As a car enthusiast, I honestly don’t know how you couldn’t be excited for this one.

ethomaz

Banned
It is like GTS where all cars have the same level of details.

If it was like GT5 or GT6 it should have over 1.2k cars at launch.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
those are all they put there and other cars looks amazing .. so yh thats that. no need to defend that it looks like shit .
Im not defending it, all im saying is they have the high quality models available. They can use them in GT7 for the PS5 since its powerfull enough to handle those models.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I was totally going to buy this too until i knew that.
I'm still hopeful for a patch down the line.
yea me too, in fact I planned to buy my first steering wheel for this game as well, it looks really good for me.

Top Bottom