• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 - Daytona International Speedway Gameplay Video | PS5, PS4

Digity

Maybe this track looks really flat and boring in real life too, but man, that does not look great. Like, except for resolution and some minor details, I really don't think this looks much better than the PS3 GTs. It doesn't look REAL to me. I mean, I'm not expecting photorealistic environments from GT, but this just looks flat and lifeless.

(I did watch the video on my phone though.)

Time stamped side by side of GT6 and 7.

Last edited:

benzy

gt7daytona4-Untitled.png

gt7daytona5-Untitled.png

gt7daytona3-Untitled.png

gt7daytona6-Untitled.png

why is there no motion blur in cockpit view?

There is.

hlm666

Maybe this track looks really flat and boring in real life too, but man, that does not look great. Like, except for resolution and some minor details, I really don't think this looks much better than the PS3 GTs. It doesn't look REAL to me. I mean, I'm not expecting photorealistic environments from GT, but this just looks flat and lifeless.

(I did watch the video on my phone though.)
The track uses the infield of the oval so its flat except the quarter of the oval they use and even that doesn't really hit the banking, even in reality the track doesn't have alot in the way of scenery. It's no laguna that's for sure.

tommib

The track uses the infield of the oval so its flat except the quarter of the oval they use and even that doesn't really hit the banking, even in reality the track doesn't have alot in the way of scenery. It's no laguna that's for sure.

Great video and it shows how GT completely nails the feel and look of these track circuits. I swear people talking shit about GT graphics are either expecting everything to look like sugar candy (exaggerated colours, unrealistic Martian textures) or are just trolling. Or a mix of both?

hlm666

Great video and it shows how GT completely nails the feel and look of these track circuits. I swear people talking shit about GT graphics are either expecting everything to look like sugar candy (exaggerated colours, unrealistic Martian textures) or are just trolling. Or a mix of both?
It could also be possible people see alot of motorsport from external cameras, even an onboard from a car can disguise just how bland a race circuit can be.

unclbenn

i love the added motion blur on the hands and steering wheel. i dont recall it being in sport and its a welcome addition.

Tschumi

I just wanna say...

By far the most enjoyable part of mainline GT for me is building and buying cars, mastering them, I've said before i came wait until i can race around Bathurst with the fruits of my labour.

So these videos are kind of incidental to what I'm really looking forward to with the game.

Neo 007

When you're driving in real life, you don't see the dash and steering wheel etc. It's all out of focus. You'll discover that when you come to learn to drive. Cockpit views in games came about essentially to just show off the graphics advance made in PGR3 and the detailed interiors that were now possible. It was basically just a novelty. It was certainly never anything like actually driving a car. I tend to use the bumper or hood cameras, because you get more feel for the road than from the chase camera, but can still actually see the action clearly, unlike with these cockpit views.
Thanks for the driving tip bro......good job

clintar

Looks like they added reflections in gameplay at 1:16? The fence posts seem to be reflecting (although looks like at low frame rate?) Or is this all replay footage?

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I dont understand the folks that are not impressed with the Graphics of GT7. In that video it definitely looks a generation apart.
Can't wait for this but it seems they haven't nailed the sensation of speed in cockpit view compared to F7. And that's my complaint about GTS.
I don't think it looks that much of a generation a part but I don't think the new Forza will either as racing games can only look so good.

supernova8

Banned
Pop was still there but wasn't quite as distracting to me here as the trees on the previous video but thats just me

Yeah this looked way more visually appealing than the last video. What stood out to me was the detail in the hands/gloves and the paddle shifting animations. It's just made the whole image look more realistic. Finally I'm starting to feel impressed (although I don't have a PS5 and don't intend to buy one until stock gets back to normal perhaps end of 2022).

skit_data

Can’t wait, I’m so hyped for this! I’ve waited almost a decade for this game, its probably gonna be my most played game of 2022/2023 in terms of hours. The only thing I see coming close will be Elden Ring.

Last edited:
Looks great, as usual, but 2 things were disappointing:

- The grass and generally the environments have no place in a PS5 game. Notably compared to how great the cars look, the environments look like shit.
- The sound of the car engine is still average. They learned nothing much since the PS3 games. It's still very generic and soulless.

Last edited:

Cyborg

That sound of the tires.......... it's been the same since GT1. Graphicly it looks so good but I do think this series needs a reboot. It just doesn't look fun to play, the opponents seem to drive ''on rails''

Digity

Looks great, as usual, but 2 things were disappointing:

- The grass and generally the environments have no place in a PS5 game. Notably compared to how great the cars look, the environments look like shit.
- The sound of the car engine is still average. They learned nothing much since the PS3 games. It's still very generic and soulless.
https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-hires-previous-forza-audio-lead-for-gran-turismo/

I think they have, the cars from GT Sport sound leagues better than anything that came before.

Outlier

That sound of the tires.......... it's been the same since GT1. Graphicly it looks so good but I do think this series needs a reboot. It just doesn't look fun to play, the opponents seem to drive ''on rails''
The tire squeals are NOT GT1 era.

Seriously about racing mostly real cars around circuits doesn't need rebooting.

Yes. The A.I. is archaic and PD needs to spice them up. The "chase the rabbit" formula is so tiring.

Cyborg

The tire squeals are NOT GT1 era.

Seriously about racing mostly real cars around circuits doesn't need rebooting.

Yes. The A.I. is archaic and PD needs to spice them up. The "chase the rabbit" formula is so tiring.
ok, maybe GT2 era ;)

sncvsrtoip

they learned a lot since ps3 game already in gt sport, gt7 has slight gearing sound improvement tough stil not acc sound level

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
I occasionally dabble in Forza Motorsport & Horizon. I liked Forza 7 and Horizon 4. I haven't seriously played a GT game since 4. I think I will get this

ZywyPL

Banned

Time stamped side by side of GT6 and 7.

Nevertheless Daytona in GT always looked very empty/basic compared to other tracks, and it'll most likely be the case with GT7 as well, so IMO something like Suzuka or Nurburgring would do a better job to show off the game/compare with GT:S.

Data Ghost

They need fireworks, rockets being fired into space, pigs flying, confetti after every lap and burritos falling from the sky when breaking a record. Otherwise, sterile.
No that's just silly, this isn't an arcade racer like Forza Horizon 5. You've taken it from one extreme to the other.

SpokkX

I think it looks basic, like REALLY basic

Clean, yes, but man those environments look, frankly, awful

I was sure this was ps4 footage until it was pointed out those low fps clips use ray tracing. Sure but it still looks very old

Last edited:

tommib

Ok, everyone, maybe bold letters will help.

This what this track looks IRL:

Please stop with the subtle sterile trolling. This is a circuit simulation racer that's used in the fucking olympics. Go somewhere else for your non-sterile racer. I recommend Crusi'n Blast.

Last edited:

Markio128

Ok, everyone, maybe bold letters will help.

This what this track looks IRL:

Please stop with the subtle sterile trolling. This is a circuit simulation racer that's used in the fucking olympics. Go somewhere else for your non-sterile racer. I recommend Crusi'n Blast.

Mate, you can’t educate the ignorant.

UnNamed

Banned
When you're driving in real life, you don't see the dash and steering wheel etc. It's all out of focus.
This is what I liked from the NFS Shift series, you had the total control of the scene without the cockpit occupying half of the screen. Even the fake high FOV in F355 was better.

Top Bottom