• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 Director Confirms 25th Anniversary Update

Ability to sell vehicles

With the latest 1.26 patch update installed (internet connection required), players would be able to sell cars within their personal garage once the GT Café Menus are completed.

Shit, now what are people going to immediately complain about in literally every single discussion about Gran Turismo 7?

Fox Mulder

Cool, I gave up on the game a week after launch and realizing I was having zero fun with it, wonder if they added any new modes or things to make the game more fun.

I haven’t played in months because it was so disappointing. They’ve barely done anything since they apologized for the disappointment at launch but trickle out three cars a month and add stupid cafe shit.

[Sigma]

None of these cars in this update am im interested in driving. I'm still waiting on that Ford GT90 Kaz 😐. I'll take the track though, could always use more of those.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
None of these cars in this update am im interested in driving. I'm still waiting on that Ford GT90 Kaz 😐. I'll take the track though, could always use more of those.
Get in line, pal.

Still waiting on the C8s! I should start a petition. 🤭

Those always seem to work.
Super Freak Flirting GIF by Rick James

How is it with the controller for those without wheels/pedals? Thinking of picking it up while it’s on sale
I think its great. I don't have a wheel and the the ps5 dual sense really ads immersion with the pressure adjusting triggers and haptics. You "feel the road" through the controller.
Sense of speed is there too.

Take what i say with a grain of salt though, as I am just a casual player, don't even do multiplayer just the campaign. Own gt1, gt2, gt4, gt5 , gtsport and gt7.
For a gt game I think its great. I do miss some of the cars from GT4-5 , no lotus :(

Last edited:
I discovered Gyro driving with GT7. Imho, Gyro driving >> Stick driving, it's really a great gameplay feeling.
And the haptic feedback gives constant information about the road, the wheels, the gears, etc.
hmm... only tried that briefly and sucked at it. Did you have issues at first and get better or did it click for you right away?
I stayed with dual sticks.

SLB1904

Banned

Rac3r

Nice update. Would’ve preferred an E60 over another Silvia, but it’s all good. Road Atlanta is awesome. We have four really great American tracks now (Watkins, Daytona, Laguna, Atlanta). It’s possible we get another big update in December too. People were speculating Grand Valley.

My personal wish list is:
Tracks - Silverstone, Virginia, Okayama, and fun fantasy tracks like Rome or Hong Kong from GT5

Cars - Ferrari 488 GT3, McLaren 720S GT3, Supra GT500, Fairlady Z GT500, BMW E60 (the car I drive)

Offline/Online Events: For the love of god, PD please partner up with SuperGT/Japan Auto Fed and give us official Gr.2/3 events (online and offline). Imagine 50+ lap races at Fuji or Okayama in GT500/300 cars.

Nice update. Would’ve preferred an E60 over another Silvia, but it’s all good. Road Atlanta is awesome. We have four really great American tracks now (Watkins, Daytona, Laguna, Atlanta). It’s possible we get another big update in December too. People were speculating Grand Valley.

Tracks - Silverstone, Virginia, Okayama, and fun fantasy tracks like Rome or Hong Kong from GT5

Cars - Ferrari 488 GT3, McLaren 720S GT3, Supra GT500, Fairlady Z GT500, BMW E60 (the car I drive)

Offline/Online Events: For the love of god, PD please partner up with SuperGT/Japan Auto Fed and give us official Gr.2/3 events (online and offline). Imagine 50+ lap races at Fuji or Okayama in GT500/300 cars.

PD needs to update the GT3 class as a whole. These cars are now 2 or 3 gens behind and it's absolutely pathetic.

On the positive side, Rod Atlanta is a very nice addition. Good job PD!

Digity

Super GT is the best tin top racing.

hmm... only tried that briefly and sucked at it. Did you have issues at first and get better or did it click for you right away?
I stayed with dual sticks.

Gyro driving felt good to me from the very beginning. So, I didn't spend much time with the traditional Stick driving.
On top of this, the races and cars for beginners were a nice starting point for learning Gyro driving.

If you keep trying, you will get better :messenger_bicep:

Last edited:

Markio128

Road Atlanta is a great track - already got my million credits for completing the track experience!
The added races are welcome, but I wonder if they are going to add more cups at some point? I’d really like a cup that consists of 10+ tracks.

tommib

Road Atlanta is a great track - already got my million credits for completing the track experience!
The added races are welcome, but I wonder if they are going to add more cups at some point? I’d really like a cup that consists of 10+ tracks.
Those tournaments are my favourite. Even 3 tracks in a row leave me satisfied. We need more of that. They could add them to the Trophies section.

I’ll do both 25th anniversary races today. What’s the best way to grind credits these days? I need 4 million extra for a legend car…

Skifi28

They're really showering you with money in this update. 1.2 million for the new track, 2x 1.8 million for the anniversary events and it seems 4x 1 million for the race predictions. If only I still had expensive cars to buy...

tommib

They're really showering you with money in this update. 1.2 million for the new track, 2x 1.8 million for the anniversary events and it seems 4x 1 million for the race predictions. If only I still had expensive cars to buy...
Plus the used cars sales. I got 2 million yesterday and couldn’t sell all duplicates since you can only sell one duplicate a day.

Markio128

Those tournaments are my favourite. Even 3 tracks in a row leave me satisfied. We need more of that. They could add them to the Trophies section.

I’ll do both 25th anniversary races today. What’s the best way to grind credits these days? I need 4 million extra for a legend car…
Personally, I’ve always found the track experiences good for gaining credits quickly, but they are a one time deal. Have you completed these already? I think most, if not all tracks have up to a million credits to earn for Golding the track experience/time trial.

Markio128

I still haven’t bought those three legendary cars to gain the trophy. I can’t help but blow all my dough on other cars/upgrades. I guess there’s no rush, and tbh, they aren’t available that often to buy. I have around 5 million in credits now, so I may save up in case one of them is ready to purchase soon.

Last edited:

tommib

I still haven’t bought those three legendary cars to gain the trophy. I can’t help but blow all my dough on other cars/upgrades. I guess there’s no rush, and tbh, they aren’t available that often to buy. I have around 5 million in credits now, so I may save up in case one of them is ready to purchase soon.
Same here. It’s my last trophy. Although I don’t think I have it in me to get gold an all the licenses. I got gold for half of them but higher levels are so tough. I’ve accepted I’ll never get the GT7 platinum.

Last edited:

ShakenG

tommib tommib I thought the same, gave the licenses a good break. Went back and completed them fairly easily.

I dont know if it was because something changed in my favour or self improvement but i wouldn't Give up.

The final test, at some point i just thought.. screw this. Did it with pad.

Arsic

Gold Member
Random question, but I saw the game is on sale. Is this game accessible to 5-6 year olds ? In Forza I can set it all to more or less play itself other than gas. I wasn't sure if GT even has those kinds of accessibility options or not.

SLB1904

Banned
Wow missed 1mil credits from yesterday. Also what's up with +400% reward increase in the daily A?

Random question, but I saw the game is on sale. Is this game accessible to 5-6 year olds ? In Forza I can set it all to more or less play itself other than gas. I wasn't sure if GT even has those kinds of accessibility options or not.
Yes. It has auto brake and stuff.

I put almost the assists on and let my niece grind credits on the oval races. Win win

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
I hope we get Seattle racetrack someday. I'll take an updated version, too, since the city has changed a bit since that track was first introduced.

Arsic

Gold Member
Wow missed 1mil credits from yesterday. Also what's up with +400% reward increase in the daily A?

Yes. It has auto brake and stuff.

I put almost the assists on and let my niece grind credits on the oval races. Win win

Picked it up thanks to this. I’ll work on unlocking him a bunch of cars.

Immediate impressions having never played a GT game:

That unskippable intro should get someone fired. Yes I can skip it now, but it should’ve been skippable to begin with. Overkill.

As someone who’s dabbled with only Forza and DIRT, this is WAY more my style. It all feels very focused , micro bites , easy to engage with, and fun . This is from a very casual driving game player.

Excited to put more time into this.

SLB1904

Banned
Picked it up thanks to this. I’ll work on unlocking him a bunch of cars.

Immediate impressions having never played a GT game:

That unskippable intro should get someone fired. Yes I can skip it now, but it should’ve been skippable to begin with. Overkill.

As someone who’s dabbled with only Forza and DIRT, this is WAY more my style. It all feels very focused , micro bites , easy to engage with, and fun . This is from a very casual driving game player.

Excited to put more time into this.
You are in for a treat. There is so much stuff to do. My only advice. Don't spend money on anything untol at least you finish the cafe book and the licence test. This missions gives away loads of cars. You might find yourself wasting money otherwise

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Can someone clone me so I can play more of this game please....I've hardly touched it since I've owned it near launch and it's not out of a nit wanting to....I've just not had time....

...work life sucks!

skit_data

It’s crazy they haven’t even announced PSVR2 support for GT7.
Doesn’t matter if it would launch later but to just know that it would support it would be a pretty big thing. Now it’s not a given at all, which is actually absurd.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Can someone clone me so I can play more of this game please....I've hardly touched it since I've owned it near launch and it's not out of a nit wanting to....I've just not had time....

...work life sucks!

Its a racing game dude. You can always pick it up in between whatever...

Klosshufvud

Did they change the offline mode so not to be so anemic? I believe in GT Sports you had access to everything but couldn't save the game. Saw it on sale on Black Friday for $35 (finally!!) and had to buy.

Last edited:

NewChoppa

Banned
It’s crazy they haven’t even announced PSVR2 support for GT7.
Doesn’t matter if it would launch later but to just know that it would support it would be a pretty big thing. Now it’s not a given at all, which is actually absurd.

IIRC Kaz was asked about future PSVR implementation in the game before release and he said that they “weren’t ready to talk about it yet”, which implies they’ve got something in the works? Would’ve thought there’d have been an announcement by now though

The Fartist

Gold Member
Its a racing game dude. You can always pick it up in between whatever...
I disagree. If I take any sort of break, I'm always off and need to recalibrate to drive cars properly, kinda like skateboarding, only way less painful

PaintTinJr

Same here. It’s my last trophy. Although I don’t think I have it in me to get gold an all the licenses. I got gold for half of them but higher levels are so tough. I’ve accepted I’ll never get the GT7 platinum.
You'll get there. I did them all to gold (back-to-back over a month or two) using Dualsense stick and manual gears and can now easily see how stepping away to gain other track experience might have helped. but stuck with it.

On average the golds were taking me about 4hrs each - with quite a few done quickly 3rd attempt and a few taking multiple evenings of gaming. By the end, my strategy was to note the speed at which the demo run took each corner as a limit to match, and then me turning abs to weak, stabilization off, TCS to 3 or less, and then seeking to find the optimal gear change timings in runs, so downhill was typically early changes, and up hills would be heavy redline changes. Maintaining straight driving for as long as possible to avoid wheel turning on straights that scrubs speed was important too, as was watching the level of turning - red dot displacement - by the demo car on corners. Handbraking/dabbing brake on corner rumble sections for improved cornering grip at speed was essential, and engine braking(typically let off accelerator then gear up, then dab brake, then double gear down, then accelerate) entering corners was used a bit. Manual long pause simulated ABS breaking instead of hard braking on corners helped retain corner exit speed on some challenges when I couldn't match the demo for maintaining speed through corners. But braking and accelerating at the same time in-out of corners was my eureka moment with the hardest challenges. Being able to transition braking to accelerating on a pad as quick as is 2nd nature on a pedal set was a game changer, even if it felt weird at first.

Aaron Olive

Shit, now what are people going to immediately complain about in literally every single discussion about Gran Turismo 7?
The non existence of a campaign / GT League.
…. Guess we’ll have to wait for Spec II.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

And I am truly glad that you and others can find things to love in this game. I want to love it, I really do - but there are certain things in it that just feel… half assed? From the always online requirements, the constantly shifting pricing structure, the lack of ability to sell your cars, the anemic menu system that really needs far more content than it provides (even though I do love the concept), the lack of unique race events, the lack of unique cars (though as has been stated, they have been routinely adding more and more - but I feel like that should have been a thing at launch, not waiting months to get them), more unique tracks - The game is *good*, don’t get me wrong. However it still feels like missed potential and between the always online and MTX, it feels incredibly greedy.

For me, the last truly amazing GT game was GT4. 5 and 6 were disappointing and 7, while being the best since 4, still has yet to capture that same love and design philosophy it had.

I think GT7 is good, its for me also the best GT since 4. But yes it does have some glaring issues and I quit playing rather quickly after I beat the Cafe.

There is a lot to love. Like the track challenges with the videos, this was also in Sport and I like them a lot still. And the scapes mode. And the overall attention to car detail and history.

But the career is beyond awful. At first I thought the Cafe was sort of a kickstart or tutorial, but this IS the career. But if you look at its single races, there are some bangers there with tough AI, refueling etc. I can't help to feel though that GT7 is more like a GTS 2.0. It just has a bit more of everything.

I don't know, I think I just wanted to work my way up starting with a shitty car and then increase funds (within a fair, non MTX ridden economy mind you). There isn't much incentive to buy, and you can't (couldn't) sell either. But GT7 was not a bad purchase for me, it is a game I will likely revisit anytime soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom