• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 Free Update - May 2022

[Sigma]

Cool. I'll definitely get the Roadster Shop Rampage. Was hoping for a new track though or a 24hr layout like spa😢. Will check out the cafe stuff though.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I bought the roadster shop camaro, next I need to do those bonus menu books...

Last edited:

Rac3r

A lot of prominent drivers in the Gran Turismo community are not happy with the update. Seems like FFB is broken, and of course it happens right before the weekend, and right after they announce the GT World Series.

Aaron Olive

They swayed it back the other way on FFB. Have to change the settings made manually that made it bearable FFB pre this patch… then will see it is improved and more detailed at least on Fanatec hardware. Pretty sure as the hours pass and a few people play with the settings they will all update Reddit with individual settings for each other wheel to feel FFB right now that they fixed it

[/URL]
Interesting I’ll have to check this out on my DD.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
A lot of prominent drivers in the Gran Turismo community are not happy with the update. Seems like FFB is broken, and of course it happens right before the weekend, and right after they announce the GT World Series.

"I'm worried about the future..."
drama GIF

Goodness you manbabies, they'll hotfix it back in.

SLB1904

Banned
The force feedback is so much better... but there is a catch is weak as hell. Wtf polyphony. Is like they dont fucking play their own game. How they release an update like this is insane. Everything is great but let's fuck it up for the wheel players.
I know they will fix it but for fuck sake. They need better people communicating this shit.

LostDonkey

Tomahawk grind is dead.

Just as as I was on my way to 12 mil for the Jaguar and the platinum trophy PD do me like this.

ShakenG

Sorry double post, took too long to edit.

Really enjoyed the kai races, different pace and style race.. light and nimble.
Was surprised by how quick you could throw them in to the corners.

Think i got lucky buying a decent VGT vehicle, the Porsche got me the win. Excited to try the Gr.1 event later on.

ShakenG

I'd like more race events that prevent modifications so you have to race bone stock.
Speaking of stock, id love a option to reset the car to stock values. Only way I've found so far is to create a second sheet which restores every thing back to default, minus permanent upgrades.

Stock car races would be great but the game also needs more GT races with chillies.
Gr.4 - Gr.3 races on every track.

Not sure it would even be that difficult or time consuming.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Speaking of stock, id love a option to reset the car to stock values. Only way I've found so far is to create a second sheet which restores every thing back to default, minus permanent upgrades.

Stock car races would be great but the game also needs more GT races with chillies.
Gr.4 - Gr.3 races on every track.

Not sure it would even be that difficult or time consuming.
You can, in the parts shop you buy a factory crate motor or new body.

ShakenG

You can, in the parts shop you buy a factory crate motor or new body.
Nah what i mean is, i love to to return cars to stock parts and race them at times, but i don't want to go back into the customisation screen and change every part manually.

I don't mean stripping permanent parts off the car. Just a simple option in the customisation screen that restores all values back to stock.

Aenima

Nah what i mean is, i love to to return cars to stock parts and race them at times, but i don't want to go back into the customisation screen and change every part manually.

I don't mean stripping permanent parts off the car. Just a simple option in the customisation screen that restores all values back to stock.
Create a new sheet, it will put all values back to stock values except the permanent parts. Then before the race start you can change between the default setting or the tuned up settings just by selecting the sheet u want, u dont have to change anything manually each time or even enter the costumisation menu because the sheets can be changed from the race screen before starting a race.

I do this all the time as i use 2 sheets for my Gr.3 GTR, one for races that limit 700pp and another for 800pp races.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Create a new sheet, it will put all values back to stock values except the permanent parts. Then before the race start you can change between the default setting or the tuned up settings just by selecting the sheet u want, u dont have to change anything manually each time or even enter the costumisation menu because the sheets can be changed from the race screen before starting a race.

I do this all the time as i use 2 sheets for my Gr.3 GTR, one for races that limit 700pp and another for 800pp races.
I do the same.

Aaron Olive

The force feedback is so much better... but there is a catch is weak as hell. Wtf polyphony. Is like they dont fucking play their own game. How they release an update like this is insane. Everything is great but let's fuck it up for the wheel players.
I know they will fix it but for fuck sake. They need better people communicating this shit.
They swayed it back the other way on FFB. Have to change the settings made manually that made it bearable FFB pre this patch… then will see it is improved and more detailed at least on Fanatec hardware. Pretty sure as the hours pass and a few people play with the settings they will all update Reddit with individual settings for each other wheel to feel FFB right now that they fixed it

[/URL][/URL][/URL]
Yeah I heard kie saying that he can make it better.

Phew
They’re now admitting guilt and so instead of fixing the FFB on a car by car basis let’s just not do our job and nerf the whole thing.

GT We confirmed an issue where certain steering wheel controller and vehicle combinations would cause excessively strong force feedback vibrations which could result in injury, and so we greatly reduced the force feedback/torque as a temporary emergency measure on those specific steering wheels.*

However, this is only a temporary solution and we are working to improve performance and implement more suitable force feedback sensitivity for each controller through a future update.

*Adjusted steering wheel controllers:

・Thrustmaster T-GT
・FANATEC Podium
・FANATEC GT DD Pro”

That’s what that whole stretch from the beginning of April to now was supposed to be for, so why is there going to be an future update to update the fucked up update cause we too incompetent to do our jobs right and test the first time?
giphy.gif

This man is not doing his job leading his studio he off in Lala land.

VI5Wnom.gif

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
They’re now admitting guilt and so instead of fixing the FFB on a car by car basis let’s just not do our job and nerf the whole thing.

GT We confirmed an issue where certain steering wheel controller and vehicle combinations would cause excessively strong force feedback vibrations which could result in injury, and so we greatly reduced the force feedback/torque as a temporary emergency measure on those specific steering wheels.*

However, this is only a temporary solution and we are working to improve performance and implement more suitable force feedback sensitivity for each controller through a future update.

・Thrustmaster T-GT
・FANATEC Podium
・FANATEC GT DD Pro”

That’s what that whole stretch from the beginning of April to now was supposed to be for, so why is there going to be an future update to update the fucked up update cause we too incompetent to do our jobs right and test the first time?
giphy.gif

VI5Wnom.gif
Let's hope doesn't take years. Adjusting to the weak ffb isn't fun. I'm missing braking points because of that.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Let's hope doesn't take years. Adjusting to the weak ffb isn't fun. I'm missing braking points because of that.
I think it impacted the controllers too, since the ABS and throttle feedback on them seems much, much lighter. Before the controller was noisy as hell, now, not so much.

Last edited:

*Nightwing

・Thrustmaster T-GT
・FANATEC Podium
・FANATEC GT DD Pro”

giphy.gif

VI5Wnom.gif
I prefer the weaker FFB with the detailed response the wheel now has compared to how it was missing road details before. Totally agree it needs to be fixed in the future… but we went from bad FFB and bad road details to a little better FFB and half road details with 1.07, now with 1.15 the FFB is severely nerfed but the road details are now all there. Increasing FFB should be relatively easier for the developers now that they have the road details properly added and just a matter of time to dial it in.

This has allowed me to shave 2-3 seconds average per track so far due to improved road details communicated via the wheel since getting real feedback from the wheel and not having to wrestle with it to cover up poor road details it had before, not to mention missing road details when going over curbs and patches without as much road friction.

I have no doubt it will be patched. To me it is a clear improvement. I also don’t have the delusion that software updating and implementation of these patches are going to be done perfectly without any issues, and fixing one thing might cause an issue in the live production game that is not replicated in the test/development environment.

It would be nice if GT7 had a smooth and perfect launch without any problems but the fact that it didn’t happen doesn’t swing the launch the entire other way on the spectrum to its been a dumpster fire of a launch with inadequate response from the developer ala Halo Infinite.

Top Bottom