• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 has been largely unplayable for half a day due to extended server maintenance (VCG)

Since this game is full of macro payouts, it should at least be Free To Play.
Played at least 50 hours since launch never felt the need to spend a dollar or any frustration.
If you want a specific car it can be frustrating I guess.
The game is awesome.

Bryank75

Banned
Just tore Sony & PlayStation a new one on Twitter....

IMO they should stay away from service based games and services in general.... it always ends up in a disaster.

PlayStation and Sony are good at products, finished products with as little online as possible.

.... and forget about PS ever going cloud, that would be instant death.

Bryank75

Banned
Played at least 50 hours since launch never felt the need to spend a dollar or any frustration.
If you want a specific car it can be frustrating I guess.
The game is awesome.

Don't think the MTX is an issue but the act of nerfing rewards is troubling in and of itself anf always online is just unnecessary and has now tarnished the whole post launch period.

It was horseshoed in out of greed and Jim Ryans desire to have GAAS success and it is pathetic.

Roufianos

It's incredible how they managed to just wreck all the hype and good vibes the game was getting since the state of play in a single day.

Like... it's not just about how the update of a fully priced game is slowly turning into a f2p experience in just 2 weeks. it's the fact we can't actually use a product we bought.

If they wanted a F2P experience then make one. This is honestly turning into a huge scam at this point.

If you guys go to any GT forum, group, etc everyone is so let down and disappointed...and these games need those enthusiastic people. This isn't a typical single player game everyone enjoys...and to betray them might not be good in the long run.

Can't Sony actually be sued for not allowing us to play a single player game that we actually bought, changing the game like this to the point it actually intentionally mislead critics for a few weeks, etc? There has to be some sort of customer protection here... it's not just Sport mode that's out... it's the full game.
Not even fully priced, more like premium priced. £70/$70 is still more than most AAA games on the market.

Don't think the MTX is an issue but the act of nerfing rewards is troubling in and of itself anf always online is just unnecessary and has now tarnished the whole post launch period.

It was horseshoed in out of greed and Jim Ryans desire to have GAAS success and it is pathetic.
Personally didn't feel the difference yet. To be fair I'm not the best driver so I'm not into collecting high costing cars for the moment.
MTX sucks and my understanding was they were used here to get the high end cars without playing.I'll never pay a cent more then full price for a game and it won't change.
Hopefully they'll be more generous following the community complains.

By the way the servers are available again.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Just in time for the support hours to open up...
fuck my life fml GIF

STARSBarry

Gold Member

You see Bryank75 Bryank75 this is why having PlayStation games on PC is good. If they had launched it day one on PC some modder would have already cracked it open and created a working offline mode just to show Sony up and shame them into improving the title.

Last edited:

Jebron

Just tried getting a refund from support and they said no and quit the live chat.

I really wish Sony would stop being so anti-consumer, I both love and hate them at the same time.

Edit: this sort of thing is pushing me more and more towards only playing on PC. Steam customer support and refund systems are MILES better than Sony's.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Just tried getting a refund from support and they said no and quit the live chat.

I really wish Sony would stop being so anti-consumer, I both love and hate them at the same time.

Edit: this sort of thing is pushing me more and more towards only playing on PC. Steam customer support and refund systems are MILES better than Sony's.

MS's is good too. Like Steam you can get a refund without ever talking to a human.

Killer8

It's a real shame as it's a good game, arguably the best since GT4, but has been ruined by scrooge-like economics and always online nonsense.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Most of the modes DID require an internet connection, it was a huge mess and the studio got shut down afterwards. This is the same situation.
No, the club mode and multiplayer did.

You were able play the entirety of the career mode (which was the meat and potatoes of the game) offline in Driveclub and still can to this day. Even after the issues, I still barely played it online other than needing select trophies for the plat.

Not disagreeing with their mess-up that lasted weeks, not 24 hours and some change in this game. I still am in the GT7 single player offline camp.

Last edited:
The online requirement is unacceptable.

If cheating is such a problem, fix the game so it's not so unfair people have to resort to it.

Also, imagine if GT1, 2, 3 or GT4 required an online connection and that was never cracked up to this day, GT1/2 would be akin to beta footage, stored in VHS tapes, and GT3/4 would be limited to youtube videos in 480p divX low bit rate quality.

In GT7 I would like to have users enjoy lots of cars and races even without microtransactions.
That's some next level trolling from Yamauchi.
Funny that he only wants the "simulation" part that suits his hihgway robbery business model.

McLaren F1 - 106 units made
(and many others with similar runs)

Why not limit the amount of those they sell to 106? since they're so rare, the price should reflect how hard to come by they are.
Why did Sony switch to online only games? I thought they will always be all in on offline gameplay..
TBH, I feel this is all on Polyphony more so than Sony as a whole.
The game is also being review bombed

Well, I've seen games being review bombed for less.

To add insult to injury they totally rolled out the game for reviewers without the microtransaction prices being in, and made them just assume through silence that they would be inline with GT Sports.

that's gaslighting and these reviewers should deduct revise their reviews accordingly.

I'm sure the basis for this game is "good", it's still GT and all, but it's also unbalanced due to microtransaction greed. At this point if I was a GT fan I think I would rather be playing GT6 or GT Sports.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Why did Sony switch to online only games? I thought they will always be all in on offline gameplay..
They are moving to online model model, to protect the "integrity" of the game.

Don't know how that makes sense for them. The game was down for 30 hour, due to maintenance. That was just 2 weeks in to the game.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
GT Sports.

Jimbo said they have 12 Gaas Games in development. To be out by 2026.

He also said they are going multiplatform.

Sony is a different company than it was in the early PS4 days.

Last edited:
You can always just go to the store and get some credits! Even during server downtime!
As Yamauchi would say, that's very realistic and just how to world works.

See, just because the car you want is out of stock due to it being a commodity and limited doesn't stop you from going to the bank getting your money out and changing currencies in order to buy them when they become available.

John Wick

Yeah with this maintenance they need calling out on the single player being online only. They need to sort that out ASAP.
Also sort out the MTX. Way too expensive

Top Bottom