• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7: Here's What Comes in Each Edition (IGN)

kingfey

Banned

Gran Turismo 7 is set to release for PS5 and PS4 on March 4, 2022. Like earlier installments in the long-running series, GT7 is a racing sim that offers many modes to play, cars to collect, and tracks on which to burn rubber both online and off. It's available for preorder now (see it at Best Buy).

You can choose between the launch edition and the 25th anniversary edition, each of which comes with a selection of digital extras. We have the full rundown on these editions below, along with preorder links and all the other details you need.

Gran Turismo 7: 25th Anniversary Edition​

There's only one version of the 25th anniversary edition. It comes with the PS5 version on disk, plus a code for the PS4 version. Here are all the extras you get with this edition:

• Steelbook Case
  • In-Game Credits – 1,100,000 CR
  • Toyota GR Yaris with country specific Livery
  • 30 Manufacturer / Partner Avatars
  • The Music of Gran Turismo Official Soundtrack
  • Toyota Castrol TOM’S Supra
  • Mazda RX-VISION GT3 Concept (Stealth)
  • Porsche 917K Living Legend

Gran Turismo 7 (Standard Edition)​

PS5​

PS4​

The standard edition at launch is being called the Launch Edition, and it comes with the following digital extras:

• Toyota Castrol TOM’S Supra
  • Mazda RX-VISION GT3 Concept (Stealth)
  • Porsche 917K Living Legend
  • 100,000 in-game Credit (CR)

Gran Turismo 7 PS4-to-PS5 Upgrade​

While the 25th Anniversary Edition comes with both the PS4 and PS5 version, the launch edition does not. If you want to upgrade from the PS4 version to the PS5 version, you'll be able to do so on the PlayStation Store for $10 once the game comes out.

[Sigma]

I didn't care what they really had in it, I just wanted to order the one with the Steelbook. So I did(Anniversary Edition).

Pagusas

Elden Member
I see nothing in the anniversary edition worth the money. The CR's are just annoying, and glad they are optional use (hope its the same for the standard edition pre-order bonus).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This is my plan. Hate having extra bonus stuff in racing games, so I will hold off on using the code.
Yep. When I got the digital last night, I only downloaded and installed the game. The other items I did not download, and will down the road when I am advanced enough already.

Dr Bass

Usually those type of ingame items are expensive. It takes time and resources to get them. Companies use these tricks to make players spend money.
All I asked is if they were available in the game in some way. I know about companies trying to get players to spend to take shortcuts. Come on bro.

jaydogg691

Would have liked to get the physical collectors edition, but I got so many Sony Rewards points I’ll get the digital edition at no cost. :p

Ready for some GT7 on PS4! On last ride. 👴🏼

Markio128

Pre-loaded and ready to rock!

The big question is, do I play it first with the controller or the steering wheel? Obviously, the steering wheel should be the peripheral of choice, but I am intrigued by how it plays with the dual sense.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
There's only one version of the 25th anniversary edition. It comes with the PS5 version on disk, plus a code for the PS4 version. Here are all the extras you get with this edition:

Hold on. So you're getting 2 games for 99$? One on disc (PS5 version) plus additional copy in form of a PS4 code?

That's amazing.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Hold on. So you're getting 2 games for 99$? One on disc (PS5 version) plus additional copy in form of a PS4 code?

That's amazing.
I don't understand why that is amazing? For most users that PS4 code is completely pointless. I wonder how many we'll see on ebay? Anyone with Just a PS4 and waiting for a PS5 isnt saving any money either as those ps4 codes cant be upgraded to ps5 ones, so its 100% locked into the ps4.

Reminds me of Blu-ray/DVD combo packs.

Last edited:

*Nightwing

I wonder how many we'll see on ebay?

This. If you're on PS5 in theory you can get anniversary edition cheaper than the regular one.

Yeah, even if you get just $30 for the code you come out ahead. I'm surprised they are actually giving it out like that separately.

If people on Reddit claiming to have recived thier steelbook ed early are to be believed, the code for the PS4 ver is tied to the same code as cars and credits. Looks like they planned ahead to not loose PS4 sales.

If people on Reddit claiming to have recived thier steelbook ed early are to be believed, the code for the PS4 ver is tied to the same code as cars and credits. Looks like they planned ahead to not loose PS4 sales.
That makes sense, but I wouldn't get that stuff if I bought the cheaper one anyway so I'll still make out ahead in the end.

Top Bottom