• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 Patch 1.17: New cars, a new circuit and extra menus

[Sigma]

Definitely look forward to Watkins Glen International. That said I wish do wish they would address the pop ins and the audio cut out after pits looking back.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I think I'll just wait a year to play this game and see what content it has.

Not a big fan of going back to a single player game for little content updates, would rather have a BIGGER PACKAGE (hehe) to play through.

ShakenG

That Ford roadster though
louis ck adult humor GIF
Not joking, i actually enjoy something a bit slower paced. Pretty excited for the roadster.

Rac3r

I'm so hyped for this. Haven't got to play recently with summer grad school classes taking up most of my time. I will definitely make time for this though. I'm guessing there'll be a Gr.3 race at Watkins next week.

In the future I would also like to see a one-make race on the long course with a historic (mid 70s or 80s) F1 car. The F1500T from GT Sport would've worked well but it isn't in GT7 for some reason...

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Solid update and finally Watkins Glen, one of my fav tracks. I had soo much fun on this track in Pcars.

Outlier

I'd prefer some quality of life menu controls, directories, and load times.

It's cumbersome how many menus we have to go through just to get to a general section. It's also interesting how it takes a couple seconds to enter and exit the world circuit section. The game is not take advantage of the fast loading capabilities of the PS5 and I'm guessing it's because it's being held back by the PS4 versions design.

Simply solution. Just make all the general sections selectable in a list or selection wheel, for swift navigation.

Also: Please stop frequently changing the menu music when we go to different sections (excluding pre-race menus). I understand why they did it, but it's annoying when i can't enjoy the current soundtrack when ding whatever in the menus.

Last edited:

Cohetedor

I'm so hyped for this. Haven't got to play recently with summer grad school classes taking up most of my time. I will definitely make time for this though. I'm guessing there'll be a Gr.3 race at Watkins next week.

In the future I would also like to see a one-make race on the long course with a historic (mid 70s or 80s) F1 car. The F1500T from GT Sport would've worked well but it isn't in GT7 for some reason...
The F1500T has been there since day 1, it costs a million credits in brand central. It's also a prize car I believe for Golding the license tests.

Always glad for a new track. Cars whatever since i still have to "buy" them in order to use them. I hope they bring more imaginary tracks from the past games as well.

Outlier

get a ps5
Um... I'm talking exactly about the PS5 version.

I was speculating that the reason it takes a couple seconds to load into and out of the general menus (World Circuits / Tuning Shop) is because this game is based on the PS4s version designs.

I won't pretend that the load times taking longer to load the menus vs loading a track is somehow fine. It doesn't make sense.

Um... I'm talking exactly about the PS5 version.

I was speculating that the reason it takes a couple seconds to load into and out of the general menus (World Circuits / Tuning Shop) is because this game is based on the PS4s version designs.

I won't pretend that the load times taking longer to load the menus vs loading a track is somehow fine. It doesn't make sense.

Nah that is still fine. Try changing the color fo your car. Now that is some BS, i dont know who thought it was a good idea to go through 3 menues just to change the color for your car and even worse...its not shown as an example on the car you want the wrap on but a default random car.....THEN you have to go into livery editor and FIND the color you just bought lol.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Nah that is still fine. Try changing the color fo your car. Now that is some BS, i dont know who thought it was a good idea to go through 3 menues just to change the color for your car and even worse...its not shown as an example on the car you want the wrap on but a default random car.....THEN you have to go into livery editor and FIND the color you just bought lol.
Agreed. Very obtuse way to apply the colour. I was confused the first time I bought paint!

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!

Update Details (1.17)​

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced.

Main Features Implemented​

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・1932 Ford Roadster ‘63 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars' from 24 June);
  ・Suzuki V6 ESCUDO Pikes Peak Special '98 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars' from 24 June);
  ・Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3 Version)

2. Tracks
 - The 'Watkins Glen International' race track has been added in two different layouts:
  ・Watkins Glen Long Course
  ・Watkins Glen Short Course

3. World Circuits
 - 'Circuit Experience' has been added to the 'Watkins Glen International' track in the 'Americas' section.
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・Watkins Glen International
   - American FR Challenge 550
   - American Clubman Cup 700
   - World Touring Car 800

These new events will become available at Collector Level 17.

4. Scapes
 - The 'Watkins Glen International' location has been added as a featured Curation in Scapes;
 - A new spot has been added to the Scapes demo roll.

5. Café
 - Added 41 sets of new conversations with the Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing cars in 'Garage' and speaking with the Character that is in the Café;
 - New 'Extra Menus' have been introduced: these menus provide opportunities to complete new car collections and are accessible after a certain Collector Level has been reached. In Update 1.17, the following three Extra Menus have been added:
  ・Extra Menu No. 1: 'Collection: Toyota 86'
  ・Extra Menu No. 2: 'Collection: Honda Type R'
  ・Extra Menu No. 3: 'Collection: Rotary Engine'

The new Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending, with a player’s Collector Level of at least 20 for Extra Menu No. 1 and 2, and a Collector Level of at least 32 for Extra Menu No. 3.

6. GT Auto
 - The following four new paint colours have been added:
  ・Ford Roadster Black
  ・Suzuki Escudo Pikespeak Red
  ・Suzuki VGT Gr3 Blue
  ・Suzuki VGT Gr3 Black

7. Options
 - The 'Horn' command can now be assigned to a button in the controller configuration menu. 'Horn' is not available for race cars and certain other cars;
 - 'In-game Notifications' settings for 'Now Playing' are now stored in the Save Data;
 - A 'Steering Controller Settings' option has been added to the Controllers menu. This menu can be used to check connected steering wheel controllers and adjust related input values. Pedal sensitivity can also be adjusted from 'Pedal Calibration.'

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Multiplayer
 - Event Settings can now be changed after a room has been created in 'Lobby;'
 - The 'Variable Time Speed Rate' value in 'Time / Water Settings' can now be changed from 10x to 30x.

2. Race
 - Added a ‘Refuelling Speed’ option to 'Race Settings' in 'Lobby' and 'Custom Races;'
 - Added a 'Load Ghost' option to the 'Ghost Settings' menu from [Quick Menu] > [Settings];
 - The correct road wetness will now be automatically applied if 'Custom Weather' is selected from 'Time / Weather' options in 'Lobby';
 - Fixed an issue wherein the rewards at the end of a race would not match the adjusted values following a change in the Event Settings in 'Race Settings' from the Quick Menu;
 - Changed the number of laps set for each course in [Arcade] > [Single Race] when in Offline Mode.

3. Sport
 - Added Gold, Silver, and Bronze target times rewards to ‘Online Time Trial’. It is now possible to obtain those rewards by re-entering 'Sport' after an Online Time Trial ranking registration period has ended;
 - The following game stats are now displayed at the top of the screen in ‘Sport’:
  ・Races
  ・Victories
  ・No. of Top 5 Finishes
  ・No. of Gold Record Finishes (Online Time Trial)
  ・No. of Silver Record Finishes (Online Time Trial)
  ・No. of Bronze Record Finishes (Online Time Trial)

4. My Page
 - The following items have been added to 'Profile' in 'My Page':
  ・No. of Top 5 Finishes
  ・No. of Gold Record Finishes (Online Time Trial)
  ・No. of Silver Record Finishes (Online Time Trial)
  ・No. of Bronze Record Finishes (Online Time Trial

- Fixed the calculation method for the following stats under the 'Sport' category in 'Profile' in 'My Page':
  ・Pole Positions
  ・Races
  ・Victories

5. Physics Simulation Model
 - Adjusted the speed of certain hybrid cars when they ran out of fuel.

6. Sound
 - Fixed an issue with the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II engine sound.

7. GT Auto
 - Fixed an issue wherein a livery data error would occur when transferring liveries from 'Gran Turismo Sport' with the following cars:
  ・Toyota 86 GT '15
  ・Toyota 86 GRMN '16
  ・Honda Civic Type R (EK) '98

8. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Skifi28

3. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・Watkins Glen International
   - American FR Challenge 550
   - American Clubman Cup 700
   - World Touring Car 800

Now watch the new track come with a single or maybe 2 new events, that'd be hilarious.

Why do they keep drip feeding us events? You'd think it'd be the easier thing to add to the game

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

If only I could finish the last cafe menu from the previous update… 😭
Have you tried the Toyota GR010? This is not an easy menu and you really have to keep the pace up the entire race. Maybe watch a trackguide before.

K2D

Banned
If you mean how it went back to the main menu if you tried to exit one of the three sub menus from "GT-Auto" than this was fixed with one of the last updates.
We had a portion of the track in GT2 and it was a hidden track in GT5 (couldn’t be accessed by normal means, had very outdated textures). We’ve not had the track feature in the series since then, sadly

GT Auto? They fixed that with last months update, it takes you back to the sub-menu instead of spitting you back out into the world map

No I meant Tuning Shop, GT Auto is for detailing.

Might be something I exclusively experience.. You change the pages with L1/R1, but I'm defaulting to sircle button. I on the .15 patch.

Con-Z-epT

No I meant Tuning Shop, GT Auto is for detailing.

Might be something I exclusively experience.. You change the pages with L1/R1, but I'm defaulting to sircle button. I on the .15 patch.
GIF by Snap-on Tools

I don't know whats going on in your tuning shop and i'm a bit confused by your post. Just download the update and see if that helps!

K2D

Banned
GIF by Snap-on Tools

I don't know whats going on in your tuning shop and i'm a bit confused by your post. Just download the update and see if that helps!
Well, by the sound previous replies, it seems like it's the same issue that was resolved(?) with GT Auto.. Was on the latest patch as of the time of my first post.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Got a race in at Watkins Glen International. The 800 one. Fun times, not as many annoying pop ins as le mans and other tracks in this game. Audio cut out after pit is still there. Going to do the cafe stuff later today.

[Sigma]

I never experienced this to be honest. Is it gone completely or out of sync? How much out of sync?
Barely cuts out sound for half a second when I press back on dpad. Gets slightly more jarring further as you continue race afterwards. Only bothers me because I know it's there even though I don't even look back much. Like the pop ins, I find the annoying by the fact that I played the game so much that im more prone to noticing them no but I can't remember them being there like that from the beginning. So I don't know if was always like that.

TheMan

Yeah seriously I dont understand why it’s such a convoluted process for such a simple thing

Last edited:

jm89

If only I could finish the last cafe menu from the previous update… 😭
Yeah that one is easily the toughest one so far. I just about managed to get first in suzuka using a super formula with racing hards and setting the fuel map to 6 so i don't have to pit. Bloody ai miyazono and hizal never pit and they start right at the top of the pack so it becomes a ballache catching up to them.

Last edited:

tommib

Yeah that one is easily the toughest one so far. I just about managed to get first in suzuka using a super formula with racing hards and setting the fuel map to 6 so i don't have to pit. Bloody ai miyazono and hizal never pit and they start right at the top of the pack so it becomes a ballache catching up to them.
Yes, the pit stop kills me. I’m using the Audi VGT and I finished 4th yesterday on the Daytona! I need to tweak the fuel map then.

thegame983

The new menus are pretty bad, one gives you a rally car (good), the other 2 just give you roulette spins (bad)

...also no actual racing involved, you just buy cars to fill out the menu book so you are essentially spending credits to get roulette spins. Needless to say I suffered a net loss

But the new track is pretty nice

Top Bottom