• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 Patch 1.17: New cars, a new circuit and extra menus

*Nightwing

tEKPuO3.gif

Sony trying to inject mxt and Kaz leaving us the back door to unlimited 4* tickets and unlimited engine 6* tickets

Ps: it’s all 3 of the new additional menus, the free Honda NSX just instantly gets added to your garage as a duplicate

Edit:*fanboy asskissing pure comedic hyperbole

Last edited:

lem0n

I jumped back on last night quick and played on Watkins a bit. Seems great. Curious though, when did they add the adjustable camera with the right stick?

Venom Snake

Gold Member
So ok, the Escudo, what a fucking beast :messenger_dizzy:

Straight line it goes head to head with a fully tuned R32 + Nitro (way under 10s/400m), glides wonderfully through the corners, always positioning itself in the right direction. And of course the brakes, shockingly effective. At 800pp will slap everything that is not from outer space.

You just have to watch out for events that start or end at night, because you will only see the stars and the gear display, indicating that you are going full speed towards inevitable doom:

n1zwv5.jpg

Last edited:

tommib

Straight line it goes head to head with a fully tuned R32 + Nitro (way under 10s/400m), glides wonderfully through the corners, always positioning itself in the right direction. And of course the brakes, shockingly effective. At 800pp will slap everything that is not from outer space.

You just have to watch out for events that start or end at night, because you will only see the stars and the gear display, indicating that you are going full speed towards inevitable doom:

n1zwv5.jpg
Ok I’m buying this car because you and conzept sold me on it.

n1zwv5.jpg
Yea found that out the hard way when I was doing the last championship series.... second to last race at Panorama gets dark during the last lap.... and the last race Nürburgring starts out at night D:

Really fun car though, you are right the brakes are absolutely insane. However as a result if you try braking in anything other than a straight line it gets a little scary.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
However as a result if you try braking in anything other than a straight line it gets a little scary.
You can slam the breaks with the escudo but you need to let go of it very slowly and don't turn the wheel like a mad man. Once you got it down this thing rocks!

Go watch the replay for the online timetrial for the leaderboard at place number 1. This shows whats possible.

Venom Snake

Gold Member
Ok I’m buying this car because you and conzept sold me on it.

This car has a lot of downforce at the front so it feeds on apexes, only the right ones. This should also be remembered. Otherwise, it will drag you off the track.
Do not use your brakes until it seems too late to brake. Have fun :lollipop_fire:

b45zmj.jpg

Yea found that out the hard way when I was doing the last championship series.... second to last race at Panorama gets dark during the last lap.... and the last race Nürburgring starts out at night D:

Really fun car though, you are right the brakes are absolutely insane. However as a result if you try braking in anything other than a straight line it gets a little scary.

Expected, given its intended use. It was developed when the Pikes Peak race "track" was not fully tarmac, like it is today. Such behavior of the rear end must have helped with cornering on dirt and counteract potential understeer due to the type of drive.

The entertainment aspect of this car is due to the fact that taken out from its natural habitat, where the air is thin and the whole aero package makes sense, it feels awkward while smashing more adequate GT cars at the same time. It is a combination of commitment to function and insanity, it keeps you involved and aware while earning you a lot of money in the process.

Yep, the King is back.

Brute

I’m having such a difficult time with the Kei Car event (I think it’s the race in Europe) which starts you in 16th. I just can’t get near the front 3 even though I’ve upgraded my car to the maximum allowed for the event.

Last edited:

tommib

The roulette glitch

I have 17 unique engines 15 new cars in a couple hours 😆 plus loads of credits
I can only do the first roulette ticket, the 4 stars one. I don’t have that fucking Mazda for the 6 stars. But I got 500K cr several times already. ❤️

Aenima

If only I could finish the last cafe menu from the previous update… 😭
Get one of the Super Formula cars. Lower the PP to 800, use hard tires and fuel map at 6 so u dont have to go to the pits. Its an easy win. I think thers 1 or 2 A.I. cars that also dont pit and the super formula car at 800pp is not too fast, but during corners it has a much bigger downforce and u can make corners much faster than other cars.

SLB1904

Banned
I can only do the first roulette ticket, the 4 stars one. I don’t have that fucking Mazda for the 6 stars. But I got 500K cr several times already. ❤️
I got bored lol

Honestly the only engine I wanted is the 787b and I got 3 of those.
Can't wait to tune the rx7 with it

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

I’m having such a difficult time with the Kei Car event (I think it’s the race in Europe) which starts you in 16th. I just can’t get near the front 3 even though I’ve upgraded my car to the maximum allowed for the event.
Try to buy all the additional aerodynamic parts, the wide bodykit and wider tires for the Honda S660 '15. This sure made a difference to me in terms of handling.

Sometimes its also better to tune above the PP limit and then restrict it with additional weight.

Last edited:

Cyborg

A silly question. Is there a way that you can automatically download/update games that you don't play (on PS5)? I often want to play ''older'' games from my backlog but always have to wait for some update to be installed.
If a game is installed is there an option to let PS5 download the updates without starting the game first?

DeepSpace5D

A silly question. Is there a way that you can automatically download/update games that you don't play (on PS5)? I often want to play ''older'' games from my backlog but always have to wait for some update to be installed.
If a game is installed is there an option to let PS5 download the updates without starting the game first?
Not a silly question imo, but yeah if you press the options button on a thumbnail of a game, you should get a list of choices with one of them being “check for update”. If you select that and the game does have an available update, the download should start right away in the downloads/uploads section.

Con-Z-epT

It should download the update automatically once available. You can also check manually by pushing the options button and choose "check for update".

Edit: Beaten!

Last edited:

Cyborg

It should download the update automatically once available. You can also check manually by pushing the options button and choose "check for update".

Edit: Beaten!
Not a silly question imo, but yeah if you press the options button on a thumbnail of a game, you should get a list of choices with one of them being “check for update”. If you select that and the game does have an available update, the download should start right away in the downloads/uploads section.

Thanks!

I know that you can do it manually (this makes you go through your whole game catalog) but I was wondering if it can be done automatically so the game is always ready to play? Let me give you an example; I installed Cod: Vanguard when it came out (months ago) and wanted to play it yesterday but was forced to update it. I would have liked it if the update was already downloaded (because the game is already on my drive). I can't seem to find this option on the PS5

Con-Z-epT

Thanks!

I know that you can do it manually (this makes you go through your whole game catalog) but I was wondering if it can be done automatically so the game is always ready to play? Let me give you an example; I installed Cod: Vanguard when it came out (months ago) and wanted to play it yesterday but was forced to update it. I would have liked it if the update was already downloaded (because the game is already on my drive). I can't seem to find this option on the PS5
Maybe you disabled auto-update. Check the settings. As long as you play from time to time it should run the update while you play something else. If you don't play then the game could be updated while the console is in rest mode.

Last edited:

Brute

Try to buy all the additional aerodynamic parts, the wide bodykit and wider tires for the Honda S660 '15. This sure made a difference to me in terms of handling.

Sometimes its also better to tune above the PP limit and then restrict it with additional weight.
thanks for the tips, I’ll try that!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I did this and used the Cappuccino. Did a low end turbo for due to all the corners and needing to accelerate out of the apex quicker, had to add a little ballast as well.

Stick to your corners decently (don't need to be masterclass perfect), and you take the lead by the final 1 to 2 laps.

Con-Z-epT

I did this and used the Cappuccino. Did a low end turbo for due to all the corners and needing to accelerate out of the apex quicker, had to add a little ballast as well.

Stick to your corners decently (don't need to be masterclass perfect), and you take the lead by the final 1 to 2 laps.
All of the Kei Cars are viable options as long as tire wear isn't to high. Like you said you don't have to be a perfect driver. But a consistent one.
thanks for the tips, I’ll try that!
May the downforce be with you!

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
No races for the extra chapters is a joke, it would take them a moment to create some events. I still like Watkins Glen so that's something.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
This is neat and everything but is Maggiore 1 hour human comedy possible to beat now?
This is what I’m currently trying. I’m hovering around 2:03 so I defo need to improve my times and consistency.

These races have been fantastic fun though. I particularly enjoy strategies based around dynamic weather.

Last edited:

MP!

It always was! What cars have you tried? Once you get consistent times below 2:00:00 it should be no trouble.
ALL of the cars
I'm consistently between 1:57-1:58 lap times (a couple 2:00 laps here and there) and I'm still miles away somehow. if I don't hit that second pit in front of rubilar or Borvois then I'm hosed.

I came in 6th place with the mercedes... and then just yesterday I came in second with the aston martin dbr9 or whatever.
I'll probably try again with that same car... but I really think it's been botched
you used to be able to beat it with a 1:00:57... Rubilar got 1:00:42... I'm supposed to shave off over 15 seconds?

It is a fun race but it's draining... and devastating after you pump so much time into it.
(not to mention all the times I was in 2nd place and the 3rd place guy spun me out after 25 laps)

Last edited:

DJ12

ALL of the cars
I'm consistently between 1:57-1:58 lap times (a couple 2:00 laps here and there) and I'm still miles away somehow. if I don't hit that second pit in front of rubilar or Borvois then I'm hosed.

I came in 6th place with the mercedes... and then just yesterday I came in second with the aston martin dbr9 or whatever.
I'll probably try again with that same car... but I really think it's been botched
you used to be able to beat it with a 1:00:57... Rubilar got 1:00:42... I'm supposed to shave off over 15 seconds?

It is a fun race but it's draining... and devastating after you pump so much time into it.
(not to mention all the times I was in 2nd place and the 3rd place guy spun me out after 25 laps)
Porsche RSR did the trick for me. If you can get up to 3rd or better on the first lap you've pretty much got it made. Be aggressive if you have to, no clean race bonus here.

Fox Mulder

Yeah I can finally get the fucking engines I haven’t won a single one of since the game released. This game has been so damn stingy.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

ALL of the cars

The A.I. varies quite a bit in these endurance missions. I beat this mission on my 4th try with the BMW Z4 whereas before i couldn't even hit place 10. If you still have lap times of two minutes you might be still to slow.

Go for medium tires if haven't done so already. As DJ12 DJ12 said there is no need to race clean here. Be aggressive! Maybe watch a track guide to see where you can improve. It's a long and difficult track and you sure will find a corner where you can shave of time.

I had mostly times around 1:57 - 1:58 but i also went much faster with my best going into 1:55. I had about 30s headroom when i finished. Again the A.I. behaves so differently from race to race.

You are so close i'm sure it wont take long for you to beat it. You got this!

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
The A.I. varies quite a bit in these endurance missions. I beat this mission on my 4th try with the BMW Z4 whereas before i couldn't even hit place 10. If you still have lap times of two minutes you might be still to slow.

Came back to say that I swapped to the BMW Z4 and my times came down to 1:58.1.

Hugh thanks for the advice.
My problem now is hitting those times consistently, but I’ll get there 👍 I know it’s down to my skill at least. It’s a difficult track to master this, one poor corner can lead to your times disintegrating. I can hold my own in 3rd now rather than 11th.

Once again, huge thanks as I’d like to finish this menu 😊👍.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Came back to say that I swapped to the BMW Z4 and my times came down to 1:58.1.

Hugh thanks for the advice.
My problem now is hitting those times consistently, but I’ll get there 👍 I know it’s down to my skill at least. It’s a difficult track to master this, one poor corner can lead to your times disintegrating. I can hold my own in 3rd now rather than 11th.

Once again, huge thanks as I’d like to finish this menu 😊👍.
No problem! I'm here to help.

I struggled the same with this mission. The Z4 is insanely stable making it less of a gamble. Some of these Gr. 3 cars are quite difficult to handle.

MP!

Go for medium tires if haven't done so already. As DJ12 DJ12 said there is no need to race clean here. Be aggressive! Maybe watch a track guide to see where you can improve. It's a long and difficult track and you sure will find a corner where you can shave of time.

I had mostly times around 1:57 - 1:58 but i also went much faster with my best going into 1:55. I had about 30s headroom when i finished. Again the A.I. behaves so differently from race to race.

You are so close i'm sure it wont take long for you to beat it. You got this!
thanks for the encouragement
It's tough to tell which AI config you get until they start pitting... I ran a really solid race yesterday only had one lap above 2:00 BUT
I think I pit too long or something ... I was in first until the second pit and then I needed too much fuel and group of cars past me... think I came in 5th
Maybe I it's the luck of the draw ... and If I keep finishing eventually one of the times the AI will let me win haha

Con-Z-epT

thanks for the encouragement
It's tough to tell which AI config you get until they start pitting... I ran a really solid race yesterday only had one lap above 2:00 BUT
I think I pit too long or something ... I was in first until the second pit and then I needed too much fuel and group of cars past me... think I came in 5th
Maybe I it's the luck of the draw ... and If I keep finishing eventually one of the times the AI will let me win haha
Given how often you tried this race i think you need it. :messenger_winking:

It's not that easy to focus for an hour and push through the whole race but persitency is definitely key here. Make sure to take just the fuel you need on your second pit stop. Ideally you finish with just 0.0 - 0.5 of fuel left. Again, i struggled a lot with this and my penultimate and second best try was place 10 before i won the race. I also thought this is impossible.

I think soon you gonna finish this in first place and wonder what was so difficult about it. Keep at it! :messenger_bicep:

Reactions: MP!
Top Bottom