• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 players fight unpopular nerf by ‘grinding currency without playing the game’

"Gran Turismo 7 players have responded to a controversial update that saw rewards dramatically reduced, by developing a script that allows them to grind currency without having to play the game.

Using the Remote Play feature on PlayStation and a simple script, it’s reportedly possible to have the game run the same race over and over, generating millions of credits, all without the player having to touch the controller.

One user who claims to have used the exploit has claimed that the script is generating him “15 million credits per day” which, if purchased from Gran Turismo 7’s controversial microtransaction store, would cost around $120/£120."

"First posted to the PSNProfiles forum by user Septomor, the script, which is currently only compatible with Windows machines running the PlayStation Remote Play app, repeatedly enters inputs into the game in order for it to essentially run laps of the same track over and over, gaining credits each time.

At the time of publishing, there’s no evidence of Sony acting against those who choose to use such methods to farm currency.

The script, which was according to users was specifically developed in response to last week’s reduction of in-game payouts, follows a challenging week for the iconic racing franchise."

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Imagine if they patch this lol

I need to finish the cafe, campaign missions and the 6 licence tests i have left. Then I'll lppk for farming technics.

How long before they disable remote play?
Can't wait for their excuse for that.

But imagine if they do that...Sony gives their studios way too much power sometimes.

It's clear many of these decisions aren't made by them. I mean...Returnal is just getting more content and a new playable mode for free. Ghoat of Tsushima's multiplayer mode came out of nowhere also for free, etc...and then we got this.

Console players be like
SuQk7Zg.jpg

STARSBarry

Gold Member
How long before they disable remote play?

If they do look forward to the inevitable thread where people bend themselves into a pretzel to defend Sony's stance on this, most likely using the words "concern trolling".

It's funny, I was awarded a duplicate car and had to Google how to sell it to the second hand dealer only to be told you can't sell duplicate cars in GT7 you can only discard them...

Gee I wonder why they won't let me sell a car to the second hand dealership for credits in this game with the option to buy credits for real money..... hmmmmmmmmm....

Three

Didn't old GT games have AI Drivers who would do that in game for you? Bob or something... I wonder why that is not a thing anymore...
Yeah it was a mode called B-Spec where you watched a race running on a server and ordered them to drive more aggressively or ease off.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Are they really going to monitor single player races just because it’s online though
It's pretty simple math to determine the rate at which credits are accumulated in relationship to how long someone is playing. The saves are in the cloud. Passive monitoring would probably suffice.

ZywyPL

Banned
Imagine getting banned from a single player online game.

Totally possible ;) Knowing Sony that's exactly what they'd love to do, I mean, people are avoiding their MTX system, but given the backlash the game already has I doubt they'll do it, it would be too much already.

Last edited:

skybaby

Imagine not being able to play a single player game you have on disc for 30+ hours because servers were down. Oh wait, I don’t have to imagine that.
Imagine not having endurance races because if your connection blips you lose all progress and doesn't reconnect mid race so they can't even be bothered

DaGwaphics

I look forward to the thread where someone was doing this and claims they got banned for no reason.

It would be interesting to see what Sony was claiming that the player was "doing" here in the first place. Assuming the script is just passing controller input to the game, it would be nearly impossible for them to definitively tell this apart from a user that just really loves playing this game. :messenger_beaming:

I guess they could say you are banned for playing too much or banned for earning too many credits. 🤷‍♂️

ManaByte

It would be interesting to see what Sony was claiming that the player was "doing" here in the first place. Assuming the script is just passing controller input to the game, it would be nearly impossible for them to definitively tell this apart from a user that just really loves playing this game. :messenger_beaming:

I guess they could say you are banned for playing too much or banned for earning too many credits. 🤷‍♂️
All online game TOSs have stuff about “unattended gameplay“ in them.

DaGwaphics

All online game TOSs have stuff about “unattended gameplay“ in them.

Would be hard to position on a console game, all the players will claim to be "attending". Can they really see this in a definitive way? Would be a PR nightmare for them either way.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Why even buy the game if you don't enjoy playing it? Are credits the be all end all? I would have thought the racing was the best part of the game, not buying cars.
I am still early in the game, but I haven't had any problems with credits so far. I can't buy many of the cars I see, but have been able to get what I needed for events/menu books and do the tuning I want. Personally it doesn't feel substantially different from the earlier GT games, but that may change later I guess. I'm skeptical that everyone complaining is that far into the game, if they even have played it at all. The RNG on the roulette rewards seems a bit stingy but otherwise there doesn't feel like much controversy here to me.

I played GT1, 3, 4 and 5 quite a bit, beating many of the final races in each entry, but I never got close to buying all the cars in any of those games either. I didn't even fully upgrade/tune half the cars I did own.

Having played a bunch of Forza 5 recently, I will say they do give you many more cars, but I also never drove most of them.

Forcing online for someone who only wants to play single player is a pretty terrible idea, but otherwise it seems like complaining for the sake of complaining.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NickFire

I completely disagree with any notion that this stuff is praise worthy. Please keep scripts and bots away from console.

And Sony should just refund people who preordered and don’t want anything to do with MTX and always online and end this drama. I bet it wouldn’t even be that many people taking advantage. Guaranteed a huge percentage of the review bombers don’t even have the game.

GermanZepp

If they do look forward to the inevitable thread where people bend themselves into a pretzel to defend Sony's stance on this, most likely using the words "concern trolling".

It's funny, I was awarded a duplicate car and had to Google how to sell it to the second hand dealer only to be told you can't sell duplicate cars in GT7 you can only discard them...

Gee I wonder why they won't let me sell a car to the second hand dealership for credits in this game with the option to buy credits for real money..... hmmmmmmmmm....
If true that is real shitty. I'm out of the loop with this but, the way it went... people buy the game with some type of economy and balance and THEN Polyphony recalibrate how you earn/spend the credits??

Top Bottom