• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 players fight unpopular nerf by ‘grinding currency without playing the game’

Aenima

That's true. You cant sell back cars.

Given the grindy game it is and no reselling back, how many reviewers even brought this up?

As for someone making a script to autoplay matches, all any game has to do is make it so if finish bad or last place you get zero credits. I doubt the script embeds good AI to make the car drive great. The AI script car probably finishes last place. Just award zero.

Its kind of like seeing guys in COD stand in a corner all match doing nothing for 3 matches in a row. The gamer just left his game on collecting XP not giving a shit about KD or shooting %. But if you lose and go 0-20 you probably still get 1000+ XP. Leave that on all night and you'll gain levels.

Some gamers dont give a shit about stats and just want to level up and unlock gear.
Maybe his wall ridding an oval circuit. All you have to do is use a very powerfull car in a race with no PP limit and you end up in 1st place and all the scrip have to do is keep the acelerator at max and restart the race after a certain amount of time.

Last edited:

PanzerAzel

I must say, Sony’s really borking the product to service transition. Well done, chumps! 👌🏼🙄

Frankly, I don’t see how implementing a well-balanced and reasonable in-game economy analogous to the older games is incompatible with also affording monetization alternatives to those who wish to utilize them alongside. Those who purchase MTs are largely impulse buyers, their initiative as consumers, immediate, and their economic considerations, marginal. They’re not players who are compelled to spend money after hours and hours of incessant grinding as the game’s structure is designed to enforce; they see a shiny new car they want, they buy it.

I’m not sure how confident I am that were this game not a grind, and that it were designed as the older titles were, that the whales still wouldn’t bite if you dangled the exotics under MTs in front of their noses from the get-go. Grinding isn’t going to incentivize players to spend the amount asked who cannot afford it and wouldn’t…..it’s only going to piss them off, alienate them, and damage the brand.

If they do look forward to the inevitable thread where people bend themselves into a pretzel to defend Sony's stance on this, most likely using the words "concern trolling".

It's funny, I was awarded a duplicate car and had to Google how to sell it to the second hand dealer only to be told you can't sell duplicate cars in GT7 you can only discard them...

Gee I wonder why they won't let me sell a car to the second hand dealership for credits in this game with the option to buy credits for real money..... hmmmmmmmmm....

Gift cars have not been a sell item in the GT series. At least not in 4, 6, or Sport. Would be nice if they added the feature but the dev is not doing anything out of the ordinary.

The menu book races do warn you when you're going to get a duplicate- the race description tells you if you already obtained the car reward. I get them anyway for the collector points :)

I am against the whole idea of buying fake money with real money. That being said, let's look at how the game actually works.

Killer8

When will they be disabling remote play next? I'd be very surprising if Sony let this interfere with their money shakedown.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Liveries should be the only thing you can buy for MTX, cosmetics only. Nobody would have beef with that and they would still get a lot of money from it.
This reminds me a lot of the DiII auction house fiasko that damaged the reputation of the series for years. Hope Sony does the right think but with them announcing that they want more gaas I have little hope. :(

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Liveries should be the only thing you can buy for MTX, cosmetics only. Nobody would have beef with that and they would still get a lot of money from it.
This reminds me a lot of the DiII auction house fiasko that damaged the reputation of the series for years. Hope Sony does the right think but with them announcing that they want more gaas I have little hope. :(
They only sell in game credits. Which can be used for anything in game from tuning, to liveries, to car purchases.

sankt-Antonio

They only sell in game credits. Which can be used for anything in game from tuning, to liveries, to car purchases.
And that is the problem. They tune the game with gaas tactics. But I know you are fine with the way they operate. So… shrug.

I just hope someone from Sony reacts to the generally negative user feedback.

Last edited:
I ain't even mad.

This reminds me of those wonderful days in Destiny 2's history where you could AFK farm forges and rake in crazy resources.

Champagne Dickinson GIF by Apple TV

The fan made liveries are excellent and most of them are probably better than PD could come up with themselves. Can't have fan made content with better quality than paid stuff so I hope that never happens. Making liveries and trading them around is one of the best parts of the game.

sankt-Antonio

The fan made liveries are excellent and most of them are probably better than PD could come up with themselves. Can't have fan made content with better quality than paid stuff so I hope that never happens. Making liveries and trading them around is one of the best parts of the game.
Would gladly sacrifice them in order to have a better balanced non grind experience. Best of all would be to simply have to content made as a single player game like previous GT games (before Sports) but there times are over

Would gladly sacrifice them in order to have a better balanced non grind experience. Best of all would be to simply have to content made as a single player game like previous GT games (before Sports) but there times are over
Having MTX for credits has not made the GT grind less. Having even more MTX will not change the game. More money faster would be better though.

Having the player made livery system and the community it creates (for no extra fee) is not something I would trade away. Too much fun to be had there and I would give up on the game if it goes away.

Fox Mulder

Assetto corsa has a total of 34 cars
Project cars 180 cars
Dirt has 50 cars.

Shocked coming from an xbox fanboy. Stop hiding behind these threads Coward

Forza Motorsports got blasted by fans and media years ago for lootboxes and didn’t even sell currency. MS removed them due to backlash.

The same can happen here.

Guilty_AI

Now you resorting to old acc. Lol
Keep moving goalposts
I never even mentioned ACC, you're the one who randomly decided to use it since the narrative didn't fit with AC.

Assetto Corsa Ultimate (all dlcs) can be bought for 40$ (much much less if discounted) and comes with all its 178 cars available to the player from the get go. Thats a fact.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Lol
Yeah because when I was talking about acc was the game release in 2014. Get a grip
So what, game received support all this time and can still be compared graphically and content-wise to new sims, and physics are still better than most sims including gran turismo. Not to mention you seem to be under the misconception that ACC is like some sort of sequel to AC. It isn't, ACC has a different focus.

And you didn't disprove my initial point either, feels like you're the one trying to move goal posts.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
So what, game received support all this time and can still be compared graphically and content-wise to new sims, and physics are still better than most sims including gran turismo. Not to mention you seem to be under the misconception that ACC is like some sort of sequel to AC. It isn't, ACC has a different focus.

And you didn't disprove my initial point either, feels like you're the one trying to move goal posts.
zdb1DOk.jpg

and the answer still no. Anyway have a nice day

Aenima

How this franchise has fallen. I remember selling my 360 to get a PS3 for MLB The Show and Gran Turismo. At the time, I remembered thinking that Forza Motorsport was pretty damn good. To see these franchises now, Sony has let GT slip while Forza (Motorsport and Horizon) are both kickass.

Basically, I don't even bother to try Gran Turismo anymore. I would or will when it ends up on Playstation's version of GamePass, but none of this makes me want to play. I don't buy games to continue pouring money into them. I don't even like all the in-game advertisements for DLC in Forza Horizon, but at least that shit looks ridiculously fun and additive to the experience and not just paywalls to what you already bought...
Thers no paywalls in GT7. All content is there and future content is free. MTX in GT7 are just for credits. Ppl are upset because they nerfed some races that ppl used to gring credits.
And GT hasent fallen from nowhere, its actually one of the best racing games u can play right now.

sankt-Antonio

I don't care about forza but you can you unlock every car in the game by just playing the game?
You can unlock everything by playing in Warfare, Path of Exile etc. Doesn't mean the games aren't made to have such astronomical grind times that its basically a paywall - and they are f2p with massive content updates on an almost monthly basis.

Having to grind 23h for a car in GT7 is, for me, a paywall. I can only hold money to buy 1 of the most expensive cars (there are multiple) , and they are available on random times for a limited amount of time. Its fucked up. Don't defend this shit.

The only way people will change industry behavior is by not buying into it. It'll be interesting to see how much money they make from this vs the usual complaints about MTX on gaming sites.

RPSleon

Sony is shit at gaas.

GT is their oldest continuing franchise and probably the only prestige series they have and they shit on it with these garbage practices.
Id blame pd mainly. They seem to have freedom to do whatever they want and take as long as they want to do it. They got dirt in someone high up for sure.

StormCell

Thers no paywalls in GT7. All content is there and future content is free. MTX in GT7 are just for credits. Ppl are upset because they nerfed some races that ppl used to gring credits.
And GT hasent fallen from nowhere, its actually one of the best racing games u can play right now.
Sounding like a paywall to me. Can't even sell a duplicate car from your garage?

SLB1904

Banned
You can unlock everything by playing in Warfare, Path of Exile etc. Doesn't mean the games aren't made to have such astronomical grind times that its basically a paywall - and they are f2p with massive content updates on an almost monthly basis.

Having to grind 23h for a car in GT7 is, for me, a paywall. I can only hold money to buy 1 of the most expensive cars (there are multiple) , and they are available on random times for a limited amount of time. Its fucked up. Don't defend this shit.
Yet there are videos people leaving xbox overnight to grind credits.
Go figure what's grind and what's not

Also u are using 2 cars that cost 18mil credits.
What about the other 400?
Sounding like a paywall to me. Can't even sell a duplicate car from your garage?
How is not able to sell your car a paywal?
Wtf

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

Yet there are videos people leaving xbox overnight to grind credits.
Go figure what's grind and what's not

Also u are using 2 cars that cost 18mil credits.
What about the other 400?
Dude why are you even defending this? The alternative is GT1/2/3/4/5/6 where the game economy was great. You played the game bought new cars and enjoyed them, you could even go to the arcade mode and use the top cars ... just for the hell of it /for fun. I want that back. You only win if Sony backtracks on this, you loose nothing.

Aenima

Previous GTs didnt gave you any cars. You had to buy them to progress. GT7 gives you all the cars you need to complete the campaign, from 400 cars that are in the game you get about 90 free cars from the single player content, leaving you with enough credits to spend 8n ur favorite cars.

Only thing PD need to do is increase the payouts of most races a bit more. Nerfing them was shooting themselves on the foot as it makes them look greedy.

daffyduck

They included in the game because people buy them. They have explained the online part already.

Do you understand what progression means in a racing game?

I understand you don't like GT7 and that fine. But this seems like a pointless conversation.
Now you’re deflecting. No, the real reason was so they could try to coerce people into mtx.

If this is what they wanted to do, then they‘re pretty arrogant to charge anything other than 0 for the base game.

PanzerAzel

Dude why are you even defending this? The alternative is GT1/2/3/4/5/6 where the game economy was great. You played the game bought new cars and enjoyed them, you could even go to the arcade mode and use the top cars ... just for the hell of it /for fun. I want that back. You only win if Sony backtracks on this, you loose nothing.
I think it’s a psychological defense, a way to lessen the resignation that this is just the way gaming is going, and to try to excuse/justify it lessens the blow of the reality of how games are. They don’t want to acknowledge that that enjoyment will be affected, so they fight in favor of what stands to lessen it as a psychological method to mitigate.

Because honestly, there is no reason, as a consumer, to defend this. None.

SLB1904

Banned
I think it’s a psychological defense, a way to lessen the resignation that this is just the way gaming is going, and to try to excuse/justify it lessens the blow of the reality of how games are. They don’t want to acknowledge that that enjoyment will be affected, so they fight in favor of what stands to lessen it as a psychological method to mitigate.

Because honestly, there is no reason, as a consumer, to defend this. None.
Alright. Who's defending what here exactly?

PanzerAzel

Alright. Who's defending what here exactly?
People are defending the implementation of MTs and excusing the grind to push them towards their embracement.

Whether it be under the guise of the game’s longevity, the “appreciation“ of a car’s value or its reflection of its real world economic status, down to simply entitled Karen gamers whining they can’t have everything they want at once……choose. Multitudes of justifications have been presented defending Sony and PD‘s decisions towards both their in-game and real-world economic decisions.

Why? Why would people, as consumers, resort to these? How does it benefit them? What’ve they to gain?

sankt-Antonio

I just don't purchase them.
I don't either - but in contrast to you I see when my time is being deliberately wasted in the hopes of pushing me to spend more money on the game. Why its so hard for you to understand that is a mystery to me. I would even consider you just trolling at this point XD

Roxkis_ii

Now you’re deflecting. No, the real reason was so they could try to coerce people into mtx.

If this is what they wanted to do, then they‘re pretty arrogant to charge anything other than 0 for the base game.

Your free to your opinion but I still plan to buy the game and play the hell out of career mode. I don't feel entitled to every car in the game, so I won't be spending any money.

Crazy right, even though the mtx are there, you don't actually have to use them. You still have the final choice. Free will is a beautiful thing.

Top Bottom