• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 players fight unpopular nerf by ‘grinding currency without playing the game’

Seems like a security risk that wouldn't be worth it in the long run. Anyone know what the 'script' actually does?

The video itself just shows a guy clicking on some random app playing GT7 and the minimizes the remote play.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Your free to your opinion but I still plan to buy the game and play the hell out of career mode. I don't feel entitled to every car in the game, so I won't be spending any money.

Crazy right, even though the mtx are there, you don't actually have to use them. You still have the final choice. Free will is a beautiful thing.
When would your resilience to defend this be broken?
60h grinding for a GTO? 900 Nurnbürgring laps for a 90s BMW M3?

Nobody here is against driving a lot to loot cars, but if you have to "kill the same boss" for 23h straight to get a new skill unlocked, the question is - wouldn't 5h be better and still true to the RPG genre?

SLB1904

Banned
People are defending the implementation of MTs and excusing the grind to push them towards their embracement.
Dude no one is defending microtransaction, shit is wack doesn't matter how you look at it.

The problem I have here is people acting you have to pay to progress I'm the game. Isn't true at all.

I have over 70 cars plus over 2mil in credits and I haven't finish the book menu and still have licences to finish, barely touch the missions.

The problem and that's a fact. Is the mcclaren and the classic ford which both are over 18mil.
Bare in mind you can barely do anything with them.

And this thread is full of people that have literally no clue what they are talking about.
And full of revisionist history from people that never play any gt in life.

I remember like today the credits in GT5
I sold cars that I spend millions plus tuning for a fraction of the price because I needed the amg sls to do the nurburgring mission, by the end of it, I had an sls amg and few credits. Had to seel my garage to afford that car.

Gt7 only loses to gts when it comes to free stuff

SLB1904

Banned
I don't either - but in contrast to you I see when my time is being deliberately wasted in the hopes of pushing me to spend more money on the game. Why its so hard for you to understand that is a mystery to me. I would even consider you just trolling at this point XD
If you think your time is being wasted playing a game you should stop and move on. What's the end goal to play a racing if you don't enjoy racing?

Use different set ups. Different cars push yourself, enjoy online. Not only you'll get free stuff from the roulette eventually, and I gt sport taught me one thing is, only buy cars you absolutely need.
Everyone was losing their minds over the Hamilton F1 and I got that for free.

Yesterday I was thinking in saving for a super gt car, and I won one on a daily workout.

This drama is out of proportion. The game give you the tools to progress in the game. It might not be the car you want but you definitely will have a car to keep progressing.

Other gts will make you buy the car to compete. In this game they give a chance to win of the 3 cars you need to progress.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
60h grinding for a GTO? 900 Nurnbürgring laps for a 90s BMW M3?
This right here is what I'm talking about.
This is the problem with the trolls In
This god damn thread

The most expensive bmw is 1mil credits.and is the vision gt

Apparently I did 900 laps of green hell for this
To get this

SVQWuj3.jpg

Clown

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't either - but in contrast to you I see when my time is being deliberately wasted in the hopes of pushing me to spend more money on the game. Why its so hard for you to understand that is a mystery to me. I would even consider you just trolling at this point XD
I am speaking for myself. I don't spend money on any game's MTX really. Thus, I am not one part of the problem.

Lognor

Banned
Assetto corsa has a total of 34 cars
Project cars 180 cars
Dirt has 50 cars.

Shocked coming from an xbox fanboy. Stop hiding behind these threads Coward
Way to single me out. Other than you, no one is defending this practice. No need to stand up to a billion dollar company that doesn't know you exist.

bitbydeath

I often wonder if someone at the top one day said, “Shut down that shitty car development studio.” And for some reason it was interpreted as Evolution Games when it should have been Polyphony.

daffyduck

What you talking about?
You don't even know what you own about. Do you even own the game?
It is a fact that they charge $70 for the base game, and it is full of MTX. If they had made it F2P, maybe that would have been acceptable.

What are you defending? That's the best you can do?

StormCell

How is not able to sell your car a paywal?
Wtf

When they sell game credits in an mtx store and prevent you from doing one of the most basic things you would do in order to raise credits: sell your unwanted cars.

Previous GTs didnt gave you any cars. You had to buy them to progress. GT7 gives you all the cars you need to complete the campaign, from 400 cars that are in the game you get about 90 free cars from the single player content, leaving you with enough credits to spend 8n ur favorite cars.

Only thing PD need to do is increase the payouts of most races a bit more. Nerfing them was shooting themselves on the foot as it makes them look greedy.
Okay, well that's different then. Maybe it's not a grindy mtx mess / paywall as I was thinking it sounded.

I still look forward to eventually playing GT7. I just won't be doing it at full price as I did in the past.

SLB1904

Banned
It is a fact that they charge $70 for the base game, and it is full of MTX. If they had made it F2P, maybe that would have been acceptable.

What are you defending? That's the best you can do?
I'm not defending shit. I'm just clearing the convenient miss information that is going on in the this thread.
I would be defending if I was paying money and tell you that isn't bad. I hate microtransactions I hate season passes.
They are all a scam. But give credit where the credit is due
4ROMK1z.jpg

Does that look like grind to you?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
And dont forget gamers that Sony's way to increase grind or temptation to buy credits comes from not being able to sell cars for credits.

That feature is missing in GT7.

PanzerAzel

Dude no one is defending microtransaction, shit is wack doesn't matter how you look at it.

The problem I have here is people acting you have to pay to progress I'm the game. Isn't true at all.

I have over 70 cars plus over 2mil in credits and I haven't finish the book menu and still have licences to finish, barely touch the missions.

The problem and that's a fact. Is the mcclaren and the classic ford which both are over 18mil.
Bare in mind you can barely do anything with them.

And this thread is full of people that have literally no clue what they are talking about.
And full of revisionist history from people that never play any gt in life.

I remember like today the credits in GT5
I sold cars that I spend millions plus tuning for a fraction of the price because I needed the amg sls to do the nurburgring mission, by the end of it, I had an sls amg and few credits. Had to seel my garage to afford that car.

Gt7 only loses to gts when it comes to free stuff
People are defending MTs (albeit indirectly) by giving excuses for design decisions taken in the interest of monetization.

“It’s to increase longevity!“

“It’s to instill a feeling of value and rarity!”

etc, etc…

No, it isn’t. It’s for the buck, period, and to try to assign any other rationale as to why this is happening aside why it actually is is the height of naïveté, gullibility and delusion. Yes, people aren’t going to defend microtransactions itself, but they absolutely WILL defend the guises under which they insidiously (and very obviously) manifest. Again, why? Because it’s something they enjoy, so they defend everything about it, without understanding or realizing that they’re defending something that stands against their best interests as consumers.

I barely see people arguing that this is a Pay2Win or to progress title, anyone who plays GT7 understands that’s nonsense, but I have seen people attempting to excuse the attempts to incentivize monetization by arguing that the game is throwing them cars left and right as they progress. I’ve no doubt that it does (and for valid reason that any dope dealer on the street corner giving out free samples grasps), but this is a disingenuous argument. People are arguing endgame.

SLB1904

Banned
People are defending MTs (albeit indirectly) by giving excuses for design decisions taken in the interest of monetization.

etc, etc…

No, it isn’t. It’s for the buck, period, and to try to assign any other rationale as to why this is happening aside why it actually is is the height of naïveté, gullibility and delusion. Yes, people aren’t going to defend microtransactions itself, but they absolutely WILL defend the guises under which they insidiously (and very obviously) manifest. Again, why? Because it’s something they enjoy, so they defend everything about it, without understanding or realizing that they’re defending something that stands against their best interests as consumers.

I barely see people arguing that this is a Pay2Win or to progress title, anyone who plays GT7 understands that’s nonsense, but I have seen people attempting to excuse the attempts to incentivize monetization by arguing that the game is throwing them cars left and right as they progress. I’ve no doubt that it does (and for valid reason that any dope dealer on the street corner giving out free samples grasps), but this is a disingenuous argument. People are arguing endgame.
What end game? This isn't a story mission game. This is a racing game. A sport. You play because you like to drive. You enjoy different set ups you enjoy tuning your car and make faster than your opponent car. The possibility is endless and with a wheel I can feel the weight of the cars on my hands. When the car lifts off. My total playtime is 58h. And I haven't finish the single player portion yet.

How many games give 60hours of play time?

17h actually driving.
There is too much content in this game. Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit

Barakov

"Gran Turismo 7 players have responded to a controversial update that saw rewards dramatically reduced, by developing a script that allows them to grind currency without having to play the game.

Using the Remote Play feature on PlayStation and a simple script, it’s reportedly possible to have the game run the same race over and over, generating millions of credits, all without the player having to touch the controller.

One user who claims to have used the exploit has claimed that the script is generating him “15 million credits per day” which, if purchased from Gran Turismo 7’s controversial microtransaction store, would cost around $120/£120."

"First posted to the PSNProfiles forum by user Septomor, the script, which is currently only compatible with Windows machines running the PlayStation Remote Play app, repeatedly enters inputs into the game in order for it to essentially run laps of the same track over and over, gaining credits each time.

At the time of publishing, there’s no evidence of Sony acting against those who choose to use such methods to farm currency.

The script, which was according to users was specifically developed in response to last week’s reduction of in-game payouts, follows a challenging week for the iconic racing franchise."
GT players bringing out the big brain strat.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

etc, etc…

No, it isn’t. It’s for the buck, period, and to try to assign any other rationale as to why this is happening aside why it actually is is the height of naïveté, gullibility and delusion.
Then why has it been in practically every driving game ever, including ones that existed long before it was even possible to have MTX?

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Gran turismo turned into some slick greedy cunts. Release the game to get reviewed then hit them with the hard micro transactions after the reviews. I am glad I didn't buy that POS!

SLB1904

Banned
Gran turismo turned into some slick greedy cunts. Release the game to get reviewed then hit them with the hard micro transactions after the reviews. I am glad I didn't buy that POS!
Another one.
They didn't hide any microtransactions, the game progression hasn't changed at all.

Fuck me

And this type of comments always comes from the "I'm glad I didn't buy it" "I'm glad o was waiting for sale" " I was at the store but I change my mind"

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Another one.
They didn't hide any microtransactions, the game progression hasn't changed at all.

Fuck me

And this type of comments always comes from the "I'm glad I didn't buy it" "I'm glad o was waiting for sale" " I was at the store but I change my mind"
The compnay is straight out greedy, no reason for it. You come off as some fanboy who will defend them regardless of what they do. They can keep their greedy as POS game.

SLB1904

Banned
The compnay is straight out greedy, no reason for it. You come off as some fanboy who will defend them regardless of what they do. They can keep their greedy as POS game.
so why dont you say '' I came here to make shit up but i got caught, now i will deflect my trolling and point fingers to the person who caught me''

Lognor

Banned
Because I know you are a troll for a fact. That's why I single you out. Is not my fault everyone knows you are a troll
And a troll can't call Sony out for their bullshit? Everyone, trolls included, agree that what Sony is doing with GT7 is complete bs. Well, not everyone. Not warriors like yourself or your pal ethomaz ethomaz who said it was a good thing that cars were so expensive because Sony knows people won't buy it and will earn cars in-game. LOL.

ethomaz

Banned
And a troll can't call Sony out for their bullshit? Everyone, trolls included, agree that what Sony is doing with GT7 is complete bs. Well, not everyone. Not warriors like yourself or your pal ethomaz ethomaz who said it was a good thing that cars were so expensive because Sony knows people won't buy it and will earn cars in-game. LOL.
MTX should not exists.
If there is MTX it is bad to be expensive to make people avoid it.
Cheap MTX will only make people use it instead to play and earn credits.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
dude, how can you accuse me of defending sony?
you can call out sony as much as you want, i don't trust any corporate out there at all. i work in business. the goal is to make money more money, and no moment in the meetings we care about the consumer.
the only way a consumer comes in the conversation is what tactics we can use to convince you that you need that product.
having said that, im defending the product, in this case GT7
and by any means the game is close to the state people are saying, the cars i already got are all bangers. i wouldn't trade any of my gt rs, supra et all for that crappy McLaren that cost 18mil.
the prices of the classic cars are ridiculous. and they are pretty much irrelevant for racing, they are cars for you to do time trials. you see where im getting at?

and plus if you love racing online this game is fun. races are pretty close and exciting.

and the grind we talking about here is for example the Porsche 911rsr costs 450k in the game. and if you have zero money which is impossible, you are looking at 40 min of grinding, that's nothing at all.

i download loads of free to play mobile games trust me i know what bad microtransaction look like.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I was going to buy this game too. Was interested in playing a GT for the first time in a while. Oh well. No interest if this is how the game is going to be.

Fox Mulder

Another one.

Fuck me

Yes they did.

Update, March 7, 2022: Since the publishing of Gran Turismo 7’s reviews Sony has flicked the switch on its microtransactions and the news is as we suspected – and, in some ways, much worse.

As it appeared, GT7 is based on a direct cash-for-credits scheme (as opposed to GT Sport’s microtransaction functionality, which allowed players to purchase individual cars valued up to 2 million in-game credits with real money instead of in-game credits).

During the review period, these microtransactions were inaccessible, so it wasn’t possible to tell how much credits would cost when the game was released.

SLB1904

Banned
When they nerfed the credit payments for races they changed the games' progression
those races are its own thing. they don't do anything to your progression they only serve to farm credits, hence why people are mad. you don't need to spend any in-game money to do the single player
case in point the picture i post above
look at the costs:
4ROMK1z.jpeg

and most of this tunning costs were my fault for not reading

PanzerAzel

What end game? This isn't a story mission game. This is a racing game. A sport. You play because you like to drive. You enjoy different set ups you enjoy tuning your car and make faster than your opponent car. The possibility is endless and with a wheel I can feel the weight of the cars on my hands. When the car lifts off. My total playtime is 58h. And I haven't finish the single player portion yet.

How many games give 60hours of play time?

17h actually driving.
There is too much content in this game. Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit

”And I haven't finish the single player portion yet.”

A.k.a, what I’m referring to with endgame…..when you’ve completed the tailored portion the developers have crafted for the player to progress through.

I understand all this, and I’m genuinely not trying to belittle your enjoyment of GT7. I get you like to drive, to do set-ups, to tune, to compete. Same. But your argument is contradictory to what you claim to enjoy. You love those things, but then immediately use them to argue against my point of more cars to do that with (higher end cars, no less) that are, at completion of endgame, placed behind an unreasonable degree of grind, or are ludicrously priced with real-world money.

So while you’re not directly endorsing the practices that enable this, the subtext of your position comes off as an apologist’s. Why would you ever not want more? I wouldn’t even say more, only equal to what we USED to get before the Internet turned gaming into an exploitative corporate cesspit.

SLB1904

Banned
Yes they did.

dude they knew there would be microtransaction, but they didn't know how much it would cost.

thats different than don't know there is microtransaction in the game.

at the end of the day the credits you earn towards the main campaign is the same, or do you think reviewers were farming credits lol

”And I haven't finish the single player portion yet.”

A.k.a, what I’m referring to with endgame…..when you’ve completed the tailored portion the developers have crafted for the player to progress through.
thats where the conflict comes. some people forget gt sports is very popular, so some people like me are going through the single player to die online, thats my end game. thats why i understand the single player peeps are mad.
and its really a shame the word''microtransaction ruined the game for some''

Last edited:
Not a good look for Sony as they have many gaas in the pipeline. Time to patch in tos to enable sueing your players if they dared to circumvent your hamster wheel

Fox Mulder

dude they knew there would be microtransaction, but they didn't know how much it would cost.

thats different than don't know there is microtransaction in the game.

at the end of the day the credits you earn towards the main campaign is the same, or do you think reviewers were farming credits lol
'

The ign edit to their review explains their surprise.

The full scope of the micro transactions and impact to game economy were hidden from reviews and completely different than GT Sport’s far more reasonable and probably expected method.

If youre enjoying the game that’s great. This scummy shit is dragging it down for me.

Sony need to sort this shit out, shouldn't be microtransactions this intrusive in a full priced game. A full priced game with Sony's added next gen tax too. Pay more and get less. Bullshit.

PanzerAzel

Cars that are locked away from the player that require multiple races to be completed before the player gets access to them either in a challenge format or a credit format.
Sorry, I’m not understanding how this is relevant to the portion of mine you quoted. Could you rephrase?

oldergamer

This is a horrible solution. They just need to fix the game. Going to these lengths to avoid actually playing the game kind defeats the purpose. How did they mess up the economy this bad?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Sorry, I’m not understanding how this is relevant to the portion of mine you quoted. Could you rephrase?
PanzerAzel said:
People are defending MTs (albeit indirectly) by giving excuses for design decisions.

etc, etc…

No, it isn’t. It’s for the buck, period, and to try to assign any other rationale as to why this is happening aside why it actually is is the height of naïveté, gullibility and delusion.
And like I said games have been making these kinds of design decisions since before MTX existed, for the exact reasons you say are incorrect.
NB I took out the part where you created a circular argument that pre-supposed your answer.

Last edited:

rolandss

GT7 has a major image problem now. People don't like paying full price for game that pushes GaaS style grind elements with real money payments. Personally I'm loving GT7 and while it has its flaws I think some of the criticism of the pay to win stuff is overblown. There's bigger issues re. AI, event and campaign structure and other problems that need to be addressed first. However, the rewards and car prices are pretty broken and Sony need to do something to stop the rot or it'll affect the perception and long term sales of the game.

It's sad cos there's a great game in there being held back by so many bad, outdated or non-sensical design choices.

PanzerAzel

And like I said games have been making these kinds of design decisions since before MTX existed, for the exact reasons you say are incorrect.
NB I took out the part where you created a circular argument that pre-supposed your answer.
I don’t agree that games have been making these kinds of design decisions for the same reasons. Such as? Cite me an example pre-MT. It wouldn’t prove anything if you found one, because you’re still standing in the face of other evidence and design choices (such as not allowing cars to be sold when they could be before, nerfing payouts) that is additionally making it harder for players to gain credits without resorting to MTs.

We wouldn’t even be hearing these pathetic, insulting attempts at rationalizing the monetization if it didn’t exist, again evidenced by the economies of past games in the franchise we can hold contrast to.

20cent

Banned
I remember grinding hours in GT1 with the same shitty car and spending all my gains to upgrade it through the game until a big step up when you can finally buy a better one and repeat the process until the next one.

That's always has been the gameplay of these games.
It's like complaining that you have to play Elden Ring for hours to get more weapons and complain you can't have them all? Pick one and play around it.
Or just play Need For Speed?

The only problem I see here is that anyone can skip this by paying actual money.

Just ignore it or don't compare what you have with others. That's a good advice in life too.

Gamers will always take the path of least resistance. Don't act surprised when you unleash an insufferable grind upon them they get creative.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The grinding is bad enough, but it goes to show how painfully boring racing games are if tons of content (cars and parts) are behind paywalls (real money or game credits).

They know that if they allow everything to be available right away or put it behind limited grinding (like a hardcore gamer can max out their profile in COD unlocking all gear in a week.), gamers will be bored to tears with their racing game.

Top Bottom