• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 players fight unpopular nerf by ‘grinding currency without playing the game’

Filben

Previous GTs didnt gave you any cars. You had to buy them to progress.
In GT2 you could win certain cars at certain cups/races.

You could also do the same over again, winning the same car and then sell it again and again. Another way of income. I always found it appropriate in a game with a used car market; when I can buy cars why shouldn't I sell them, too.

Kuranghi

Animated GIF

Sucks the big boaby, I feel for people who wanted to get deep into this. Hopefully by the time I play this they will have made this situation significantly less gay.

Tripolygon

Banned
They earned that user score. Deliberately dropping in game credit to “make the cars feel as valuable as they are in real life” is utter shitty.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I advised against Battlefield 2042
Neogaf: Who Cares
I advised against GT7
Neogaf: Who Cares
Well here we are....

Yo where the hell where you in Halo Infinite my dude? People said "but it's free to play" the only reason that made it free to play is so that could use that excuse for shitty MTX as everyone was going to get it via gamepass otherwise.

Last edited:
Fuck this bullshit online-only predatory game. It's no Gran Turismo if I can't sell cars and get fair rewards to buy new ones which I intend to use in FUCKING SINGLE PLAYER.

Just lock every single player reward to single player races, you dipshits.

Fuck you Sony.

(and since someone mentioned it: fuck you Microsoft for ruining Halo too).

Thanks Obama, I guess?

Last edited:

RespawnX

Yo where the hell where you in Halo Infinite my dude? People said "but it's free to play" the only reason that made it free to play is so that could use that excuse for shitty MTX as everyone was going to get it via gamepass otherwise.
There is just some "small" differences. They did not pull the plug on their game to secure MTX. Moreover, they multiplied some of the rewards within a few days. They offered completely revised reward paths at their first events and are still working on optimisation to find a balance. And Polyphony? Oh yes, they introduced a car that requires almost twice as much farming as the previous already utopian prices. Coupled with marketing nonsense like I experienced last in the 90s.

Top Bottom