• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 PSVR2 Hands-On Impressions

Crayon

So where's that quote of John Carmack saying that dynamic foveated rendering wouldn't be that much more of a benefit over standard foveated rendering? Clearly he's been proven wrong, right?

Not enough info, imo. I don't think Sony would have bothered with it if it was only 10% though. You can see in the Gran Turismo pics that most of the image is pretty low res so I'd imagine it's helping a lot. No telling what the specifics in Carmacks example were.

scydrex

Why there is no successor to the Logitech driving force gt of the ps3...i loved that gaming wheel for the price with force feedback. I think there is no good gaming wheel for less than US$150.

Last edited:

vivftp

I’m no expert, but GT7 running at 120FPS is a technical marvel, especially when you consider the PS5 just about copes with a solid 60fps. That they can smash out a free update ready for launch tells me that it wasn’t that difficult to achieve either, which gives me hope for other devs adding VR modes in the future. I have a lot of respect for John Carmack, but there is no way GT7 could run at 120fps without foveated rendering.

GT7 was built from the beginning with PSVR2 in mind, as we learned from Kaz recently. The difficulty isn't easy to quantify as this wasn't a recent decision to tack it on to the base game.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Why there is no successor to the Logitech driving gt of the ps3...i loved that gaming wheel for the price with force feedback. I think there is no good gaming wheel for less than US$150.
There are successors, but maybe nothing that cheap.

Last edited:

Markio128

GT7 was built from the beginning with PSVR2 in mind, as we learned from Kaz recently. The difficulty isn't easy to quantify as this wasn't a recent decision to tack it on to the base game.
You’re probably right, but at the very least, the work that Sony and PD have done can stand as the template for others to follow. I want to see all future PS5 racing sims with a quality VR mode from now on, like the upcoming rally and F1 games. The new Test Drive game would be awesome with a VR mode as well.

Tygeezy

You’re probably right, but at the very least, the work that Sony and PD have done can stand as the template for others to follow. I want to see all future PS5 racing sims with a quality VR mode from now on, like the upcoming rally and F1 games. The new Test Drive game would be awesome with a VR mode as well.
This should be done with practically all first person shooters as well.

Markio128

This should be done with practically all first person shooters as well.
Absolutely. I think the sky’s the limit really - just look at Resident Evil Village - the visuals look amazing in VR. COD would definitely peak my interest again if I could play in VR, both in a single and multiplayer sense.

I think Sony should remake Killzone and Resistance FOM for the VR market.

supernova8

Banned
This would be fire. Especially if they update the game with a PS5 version for 4K/60.

Most of the menus are UI overlays in a 3D space. I can't remember an only 2D screen other than the history stuff and scape photos. Even the setting up of the photo is 3D.

The Showroom is going to be glorious!
Granted I don't even have a PS5 yet :D but yeah I've been shitting on this (or rather being super doubtful) but I'm glad I can put such fears to rest.

Top Bottom