• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 Review Thread

Calverz

COD: "it's not a good game for people who don't love FPS: 6/10"

Now seriously...this for me is the game changer:
unknown.png

A game with licences and lots of "loading tracks", specially at first this was always the worst thing about Gran Turismo for me. I will not get used at these 1 second loadings for sure. Holy shit!

Anyway, an 88 on metacritic means its the best GT since GT4:

GT3: 95
GT4: 89
GT5: 84
GT6: 81
GT Sport: 75
GT7: 88

If this is the best GT game since the PS2 era, sounds great to me. Specially since it's a type of game that's not for everybody...
It will be ok. As long as you like it, who cares what other think.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FW is a better game in pretty much every aspect. Funny how the reviewer had no problem with all the weak areas that FW improved on.

Lol yes they do. You send review codes to reviewers. Not worthless clickbait sites

Stevior's review isn't even the lowest Horizon review on MC though.

And again, an outlet shouldn't be banned just because they didn't review a platform exclusive to someones favorable liking lol.

We'd be out of gaming review websites.

onesvenus

Before again people come here to say that Forza Motorsport has higher reviews, which is true. Simulations will never review as good as arcade racers, because arcade racers is for a broader audience, while simulations need to sacrifice some fun bits in favor of realism.
Forza Motorsport is the simulator saga of Forza

On topic, the weather system looks nuts

adamsapple

My god you need a new pair of glasses

Man come on, it's a review outlet with over 450 reviews under their belt, they've given PS5 exclusives like Ratchet top marks.

Just because they didn't give the last 1, 2 the high scores you expected, you want them to be blacklisted lol.

I may need new glasses but some of you guys really need a grip.

Last edited:
Man come on, it's a review outlet with over 450 reviews under their belt, they've given PS5 exclusives like Ratchet top marks.

Just because they didn't give the last 1, 2 the high scores you exoected, you want them to be blacklisted lol.

I may need new glasses but some of you guys really need a grip.

I don't want anything. They've already been blacklisted like the back ally trash site they are.

My grip is nice and tight.

Moonjt9

adamsapple

I don't want anything. They've already been blacklisted like the back ally trash site they are.

776166.jpg

PS. They haven't been blacklisted, they just didn't get a review copy.

They'll have their highly coveted review up in a few days ;)

Airbus Jr

Banned
Was initially trying to get a racing wheel but too lazy right now so gona use dualsense controller instead so i can sit back

Last edited:

FrankWza

That dude is an obvious alt with an all too familiar way of posting. And, if you follow recent bans he’s right in the middle of each one. He’s a baiter and reporter who I’ve quoted and bookmarked to have done the exact thing other people get banned for every day. He’s made at least 5 posts just this morning that are ban worthy.

adamsapple

Right my bad flew over my head there lmao

What do you think being blacklisted is?

Not being able to post a review and have it counted.

That dude is an obvious alt with an all too familiar way of posting. And, if you follow recent bans he’s right in the middle of each one. He’s a baiter and reporter who I’ve quoted and bookmarked to have done the exact thing other people get banned for every day. He’s made at least 5 posts just this morning that are ban worthy.

Oh Frank my dear Frank :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Stevivors got blacklisted lmao
Shocked Uh Oh GIF

This isn't exactly news. A game site I worked for specifically wanted me to slam xbox game reviews while being told to praise PlayStation exclusives (I wasn't the one to review the ps exclusives but the chief made it very clear back then.)

Probably wanted to stay friends with sony.

We've also see other reviewers post this.

Last edited:

I've noticed he does like to twist my words into something else

adamsapple

Lol what do you mean counted? Of course they can post a review. It's their legal right

Yeah they can, but the way some users in this topic want them to be MC, I think it's pretty clear the intent is to not have their scores "lower" the perceived average meta score.

No ?

Like you said, that ain't happening. Just gonna take some extra days for them to submit a review and 'drop' the meta for the lack of a better word.

I've noticed he does like to twist my words into something else

I resent that, just quoting the calls to outright ban an outlet.

Last edited:
Yeah they can, but the way some users in this topic want them to be MC, I think it's pretty clear the intent is to not have their scores "lower" the perceived average meta score.

No ?

Like you said, that ain't happening. Just gonna take some extra days for them to submit a review and 'drop' the meta for the lack of a better word.

Sites getting blacklisted doesn't stop them from being in the metascore.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Stevior's review isn't even the lowest Horizon review on MC though.

And again, an outlet shouldn't be banned just because they didn't review a platform exclusive to someones favorable liking lol.

We'd be out of gaming review websites.

When they have such an obvious bias then yes they should be banned. You can clearly tell with the scores he gives Xbox and Playstation games. Clearly Stevior is a dodo

adamsapple

Examples:

Only thing left is being removed from metacritic.
When they have such an obvious bias then yes they should be banned. You can clearly tell with the scores he gives Xbox and Playstation games. Clearly Stevior is a dodo

I don't see this perceived bias, nor do I agree with calls for them to be removed, but then again I don't put a lot of stock in MC averages either. The single next gen game I've spent the most time in has an 80 on meta.

Last edited:
Examples:

I don't see this perceived bias, nor do I agree with calls for them to be removed, but then again I don't put a lot of stock in MC averages either. The single next gen game I've spent the most time in has an 80 on meta.

It's up to meta whether they include them or not. I don't particulraly care if they don't. My stance from the start was clickbait sites like them getting blacklisted deserve it. They want to make money that way then they should finance it themselves

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Examples:

I see the bias. Clearly looking at the scores and his writing compared to what other reviewers say, show he nitpicks and then ignores his own criticism when it comes to other games.

Developers work hard and sometimes their careers are effected by MC scores.

upV0vJv.jpg

Seems like another solid entry for GT. I didn’t really expect anything otherwise. I do wish they would improve the AI and physics. These seem to be the continued weak points for the game according to the gtplanet review. Granted AI is only an issue of you play single player.

Aenima

I was actually expecting lower, someting in the 80-85. Not because i dont think the game deserves more, but the videogames media pretty much has been trashing GT games for years and praise more fast food racers that has a more mainstream appeal.

Good to see Kaz work being rewarded with good reviews. Cant wait to start playing it.

adamsapple

I see the bias. Clearly looking at the scores and his writing compared to what other reviewers say, show he nitpicks and then ignores his own criticism when it comes to other games.

upV0vJv.jpg

Holy shit they gave Death Stranding a 35 ?

It's a boring AF game and all but that's brutal :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Airbus Jr

Banned

upV0vJv.jpg
Lol his lowest rating on xbox is still higher than anything on ps

Death Stranding 35 horizon forbiden west 65

This stevivor is a shill alright

Feck him

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Lol his lowest rating on xbox is still higher than anything on ps

Death Stranding 35 horizon forbiden west 65

This stevivor is a shill alright

Feck him

He’s probably an actual moneyhat...

"Everybody says the game sucks, but PLAY Magazine gave the Xbox 360 version of Sonic the Hedgehog a 9/10. Sega must have been generous with the money hats."

Banjo64

cumsessed

upV0vJv.jpg
Most famous example being Obsidian losing out on a bonus due to 1 point on MC.

Personally I’m all for banning outlets that clearly display mongoloid behaviour. Sony are a private company, they can do whatever the fuck they like. Don’t like it, write an article crying about it and see if anyone gives a fuck.

Top Bottom