• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 set to launch with an install of 110GB (PS4) / 90GB (PS5)

MrFunSocks

Banned
Look guys, that user is a grown adult, that's the main takeaway.

On topic, it's "90 tracks" which if we take historical examples via GT Sport etc will actually be a few tracks divided into different stretches and reversed etc which get counted as "Separate tracks".
Yeah that "90" tracks will be about 15-20 actual different tracks with 4-5 variations of each one, such as a cut down shorter one and a reverse option. This is how they've always done it. Forza and all other racing games do the same.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Even if it is 110gb luckily there is a game you can uninstall to free up that space 😁

ethomaz

Banned
I assume you're calling the Prologue releases betas?

What Beta did GT5 and 6 have?
GT5 Prologue had a beta too… well actually at least Beta 1 and Beta 2… I don’t remember it having a Beta 3 but it is not out of question.

GT6 received a beta six months before the launch it was used as GT Academy qualifying… you read it on official Gran Turismo site (it had over 400k downloads only in North America).

It was a public beta open to everybody.

GT5 had a beta in September 2010 but it was as not open to everybody but these that sighed the PlayStation beta program… so some where choose to test it… you can look for Gran Turismo 5 Beta Build 16th Sep.

I believe Sony even send the GT5 Beta discs in UK for these chosen ones.
GT5_UK_1609_build_Disc.png

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
GT5 Prologue had a beta too… well actually at least Beta 1 and Beta 2… I don’t remember it having a Beta 3 but it is not out of question.

GT6 received a beta six months before the launch it was used as GT Academy qualifying… you read it on official Gran Turismo site (it had over 400k downloads only in North America).

It was a public beta open to everybody.

GT5 had a beta in September 2010 but it was as not open to everybody but these that sighed the PlayStation beta program… so some where choose to test it… you can look for Gran Turismo 5 Beta Build 16th Sep.

I believe Sony even send the GT5 Beta discs in UK for these chosen ones.
GT5_UK_1609_build_Disc.png
A GT6 Demo is not a beta.

I'm sorry ut that photo of a disk confirms that they didn't have a beta like people are talking about here lol.

GT has never had public betas.

Wonder what would happen if you could uninstall the Nissan skylines from the game
You'd lose half the car list. Also wonder if we can uninstall the Moon track and the moon buggy? lol

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
A GT6 Demo is not a beta.

I'm sorry ut that photo of a disk confirms that they didn't have a beta like people are talking about here lol.

GT has never had public betas.
Denial lol

You know before downloads become a thing on consoles Beta/Demo/Trial or whatever name you want to use where done with Sony sending or distributing the disc to gamers.

But you were never a PS gamer so you have no ideia of what your talking about so I just correct your made up lies.

All GTS have one or more way to taste the game before release.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Denial lol

You know before downloads become a thing on consoles Beta/Demo/Trial or whatever name you want to use where done with Sony sending or distributing the disc to gamers.

But you were never a PS gamer so you have no ideia of what your talking about so I just correct your made up lies.

All GTS have one or more way to taste the game before release.
You don't just get to re-name things years later.

They have never released Betas.

I owned every PS console, including at least 1 revision of each (launch PS, PSOne, launch PS2, slim PS2, super slim PS2, launch PS3, slim PS3, PSP v1, PS Vita OLED), up until the PS4. The reason I don't own a PS4 or 5 is because Sony stopped making games that appeal to me. I don't like cinematic single player story driven games. I don't even play the story/campaign mode in games I buy on Xbox or PC lol. I haven't finished (barely started actually) the campaign in Gears 4 or 5, two games I put hundreds of hours into. Haven't put more than 2 hours into Infinite's SP despite logging something like 900 MP matches so far. Don't really intend on finishing it either. Sony have zero online MP games essentially at this point, so I don't buy their consoles anymore.

But yeah good work on just trying to play the fanboy card, you definitely didn't come off as one yourself.

Phase

Bullshit.
I don't mean graphically. From what they've shown the racing looks near identical. I can't imagine they would change it much from Sport, especially mechanically. All I'm saying is I've raced the same tracks so many times I hope there are a lot of unique ones in 7, otherwise I won't be interested.

jaydogg691

GT7 seems to be getting a lot of focus from the PS fanboys hoping to be another “big” exclusive, when much of these people are not familiar with sim racers or are lapsed players from generations ago.

OP is has a grim outlook for the game when the target players will be on PS4, the platform with the larger install base. Most of the points made will not upset the core players of the game, those still playing GT Sport, or the casual GT player.

And just like Sport, the game will continue to evolve that OP and others hoping this to be the God of War remake of GT will have moved on.

GT7 will be what GT2 was to GT1, GT4 to GT3, and GT6 to GT5; an update to Sport.

SSfox

Why? Most people don’t have all their games installed at the same time. That’s stupid and unnecessary. Seriously, expanding storage never made sense to me even in the ps4 days. I always delete the games I’m not playing.
You're not totally wrong but it also depend on who you are and how you play, and also type of games we talk about. Here it's GT7 a game that most fans will play for a while so probably won't delete.

Inviusx

I assume you're calling the Prologue releases betas?

What Beta did GT5 and 6 have?

GT6 didn't have a Beta release as it came out during the era where that wasn't really a thing for console games. It did have a demo though.

Fun fact, if GT7 doesn't have a beta or demo before release it would be the first game in the series history to not do so.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Interesting fact: the original meaning of "GB" is "giggle bean", but over time it slowly morphed into "gigabyte" due to misuse by laymen reporters. If you want to impress your tech-savvy friends, use the word "giggle bean".

sncvsrtoip

Yeah that "90" tracks will be about 15-20 actual different tracks with 4-5 variations of each one, such as a cut down shorter one and a reverse option. This is how they've always done it. Forza and all other racing games do the same.
it will be over 30 if you want to count without different layouts

ethomaz

Banned
You don't just get to re-name things years later.

They have never released Betas.

I owned every PS console, including at least 1 revision of each (launch PS, PSOne, launch PS2, slim PS2, super slim PS2, launch PS3, slim PS3, PSP v1, PS Vita OLED), up until the PS4. The reason I don't own a PS4 or 5 is because Sony stopped making games that appeal to me. I don't like cinematic single player story driven games. I don't even play the story/campaign mode in games I buy on Xbox or PC lol. I haven't finished (barely started actually) the campaign in Gears 4 or 5, two games I put hundreds of hours into. Haven't put more than 2 hours into Infinite's SP despite logging something like 900 MP matches so far. Don't really intend on finishing it either. Sony have zero online MP games essentially at this point, so I don't buy their consoles anymore.

But yeah good work on just trying to play the fanboy card, you definitely didn't come off as one yourself.
I’m a fanboy and I have no issue with that and never had in the past with anybody… and I never played the fanboy card lol

But lies are lies.

There is no difference between demo or beta… Sony or PD some times called Beta and others Demo.

It is just semantics and the fact stay that all previous GT had it.

You just have no ideia because you didn’t played or was interested in PS games at all… you never was interested in GT games and have no ideia all previous ones had beta, demos or whatever before the release.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
GT6 didn't have a Beta release as it came out during the era where that wasn't really a thing for console games. It did have a demo though.

Fun fact, if GT7 doesn't have a beta or demo before release it would be the first game in the series history to not do so.
Errr… nope.

All previous GTS games have beta/demos before release including GT1.

Last edited:

Inviusx

Errr… nope.

All previous GTS games have beta/demos before release including GT1.

I'm confused, did you read what I wrote?

ethomaz

Banned
I'm confused, did you read what I wrote?
What exactly is the difference between Beta and Demo for you?

Because GTS used both names… closed beta (you had to sign up and be chosen), open beta (everybody could download on PSN) and demo (everybody could download in PSN)… both were limited in content and all but very similar.

I don’t remember any big difference and I played both… and both used the same state in Granturismo.com site (Beta/Demo = 2, Final Release = 1).

Last edited:

Inviusx

What exactly is the difference between Beta and Demo for you?

Because GTS used both names… closed beta (you had to sign up and be chosen), open beta (everybody could download on PSN) and demo (everybody could download in PSN)… both were limited in content and all but very similar.

I don’t remember any big difference and I played both… and both used the same stays in Granturismo.com site (Beta/Demo = 2, Final Release = 1).

Still confused what you're trying to tell me here. Please read my post.

skit_data

I expected it to be around 100 GB so I’m not really that surprised. Still, it’s pretty big for a PS5 title, but pretty OK size considering GT Sport is about the same size and it has less content than GT7.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I wish Samsung would announce their new phone because I was just waiting for them to put up the money for that and the 2tb nvme but I think I may just pull the trigger before that

sn0man

Same day they confirmed ray tracing wont be in gameplay.

It's a fucking joke.
It’s painful but when they went cross gen I assumed they might scale back some features. Hopefully they have a success on their hands and that justifies a gt8.
GT7 is GTSport + GT5/6 SP+ auto shop+ customization that was pretty much been confirmed
Yeah. Makes sense.
Ah see, thats probably why we differ quite a bit too, I was always more on the single player side of it.. and I still bought Sport knowing this, I just had to see it (had to be done..)

And thinking back now, I did quite enjoy the 4th on the PS2, I think it's after that instalment my cynical view on the series started to take hold.
Kudos to you. I never wanted an online only GT experience so I just skipped on GTS.

I’ll be waiting to see if we get an A-spec of some sort and it fixes some issues I have with what GT7 has announced so far. There is potential but I’m just disappointed.

CobraAB

Well, I grabbed a 2 TB SSD drive for the expansion bay last week so I am very ready to load it down with some games.

Top Bottom