• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 - The Starting Line (Behind The Scenes)

KAL2006

Banned
I wonder when they will announce the PC version. I'm hoping within 2 years after all we did see in the Geforce Now leak.

Salz01

They need to start showing real gameplay longer than just a few seconds. Snippets here and there is real irritating.

kyliethicc

Love it! But those jaggies are pretty annoying. Maybe we need another gen to totally get rid of jaggies in all games.
Polyphony does not use overly aggressive anti-aliasing.

Would result in a softer image.

There's always gonna be some aliasing in real time rendering.

Zero actual gameplay again just replay cams
Gt is always a looker in replay mode but we need some actual in depth gameplay footage
They need to start showing real gameplay longer than just a few seconds. Snippets here and there is real irritating.

Here's direct feed gameplay demo from 2020.

Stars 2 mins in.

Last edited:

sn0man

With the always online I’ll just wait for a steam release in 2 years to go on sale. What a disappointment.

LostDonkey

I hope the tuning/customisation is full on and not half arsed.

Can't wait to buy some Jap weapons and screw about trial mountain again.

tmlDan

Can't wait for this, haven't jumped into a GT in years and I just love driving the cars around.

So funny how people complain about always online, I legitimately live on the internet for work, TV, gaming and communication with friends - as do most. This should not be an issue that people complain about in 2021.

AJUMP23

So funny how people complain about always online, I legitimately live on the internet for work, TV, gaming and communication with friends - as do most. This should not be an issue that people complain about in 2021.
People want to access to a single player feature without the console having to do a license check to a server every time you boot up. you could put the license on the HDD and it could do a check every 30 days, and you can play it offline if you want. Xbox has the same problem. I have bad home internet and there are some single player games that quit out if I lose connection, it is lame.

Tschumi

Got this on pre-order already. I own this bish. Hell yes. I can't wait to grind up my McClaren F1 and stop there.

Markio128

People want to access to a single player feature without the console having to do a license check to a server every time you boot up. you could put the license on the HDD and it could do a check every 30 days, and you can play it offline if you want. Xbox has the same problem. I have bad home internet and there are some single player games that quit out if I lose connection, it is lame.
That is not the reason why GT7 is always online.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
That Deep Forrest tease

7342de8773ddaceaf4de4d2b7f86cd85.gif

KAL2006

Banned
This is a very well made video

The focus on car culture, from racing to collecting to tuning to designing.

Hopefully this will be the CaRPG every was waiting for.

molly14

People not going to buy this because it's online, despite the fact they have Internet at home on 24 a hours day.

Fucking laughable.

Doubt kaz and poly will give two fucks if you won't buy it, because you need Internet connection.

Such a hard fucking life isn't it 🙄

Aenima

Classy AF.

GT7 is my most wanted game of 2022. Dunno why im so hyped for it, i even played GT Sports not long ago. Guess seeing some stuff going back to the GT roots + the new cool stuff GT Sport introduced like liveries, scapes mode and the great online mode that rewards clean racing and u dont end in a bumper fest competition at every corner, is making me more hyped than i expected.

Hunnybun

This looks much better than the first footage they showed.

So fucking annoying the way they won't show proper gameplay footage though. FFS this is out in a few months, just show it already.

Raven117

Gold Member
Classy AF.

GT7 is my most wanted game of 2022. Dunno why im so hyped for it, i even played GT Sports not long ago. Guess seeing some stuff going back to the GT roots + the new cool stuff GT Sport introduced like liveries, scapes mode and the great online mode that rewards clean racing and u dont end in a bumper fest competition at every corner, is making me more hyped than i expected.
If they can successfully meld GT Sports online racing components with the older school GT mechanics....eff....it will incredible.

I would have prefered they created it as a PS5 exclusive and not release it until 2023/2024, but I understand why they made the choice that they have made. I am just wondering if we will see another GT title this generation, or if they will establish GT7 as an evolving platform to which options, cars and circuits would be added over the next 6 to 7 years? 🤔

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
I would have prefered they created it as a PS5 exclusive and not release it until 2023/2024, but I understand why they made the choice that they have made. I am just wondering if we will see another GT title this generation, or if they will establish GT7 as an evolving platform to which options, cars and circuits would be added over the next 6 to 7 years? 🤔
My bet is the platform...not unlike GT SPort.

SSfox

A Day One for me, Kazu the king is back at the top as usual.

Also it's nice to see true Playstation face and feel the playstation spirit for a change, unlike some guy first name start with H and last name start with H as well.

kyliethicc

Kaz just flexed on us all.

Alongside revealing a selection of new vehicles for Gran Turismo 7, the latest trailer which landed today may well have confirmed at least one additional track for the title: Deep Forest.

Deep Forest is one the original tracks from the very first Gran Turismo title, back in 1997, and a very firm fan favorite as a result. It’s been present in almost all of the main GT games with the notable exception of GT Sport, despite being one of series creator Kazunori Yamauchi’s own favorite tracks too.

uOrBxGX.png

kendall jenner GIF by ADWEEK

Last edited:

SSfox

Kaz just flexed on us all.

Alongside revealing a selection of new vehicles for Gran Turismo 7, the latest trailer which landed today may well have confirmed at least one additional track for the title: Deep Forest.

Deep Forest is one the original tracks from the very first Gran Turismo title, back in 1997, and a very firm fan favorite as a result. It’s been present in almost all of the main GT games with the notable exception of GT Sport, despite being one of series creator Kazunori Yamauchi’s own favorite tracks too.

uOrBxGX.png

kendall jenner GIF by ADWEEK
Awesome news i really miss this one, hopefully Seattle will come back as well.

kyliethicc

Listening to Kaz talk about Cars remind me when Bruce Lee talks Martial Arts, you really feel the passion in his words, can't express how lucky we are to have this guy making the best car simulator games.

Yup. Over 25 years of GT and Kaz still putting in work. Guy is a living legend. The OG.

We're lucky to have an actual race care driver run a game studio.

K3FLGim.jpg

Last edited:

scalman

And all this ...on ps4. Will be amazing on pro im sure. Ps5 will be just enhanced more crisp. But thats still not reason go buy ps5 for me
ruXyUAh.jpeg

0phJ4Vi.jpeg

Last edited:

skit_data

I’m so hyped for GT7. One of the easiest day one purchases ever.

Feels like a friend died or something last console generation, I missed GT so much.

I know some people really love GT Sport but it doesn’t do it for me, its not the same thing.

Markio128

I’m so hyped for GT7. One of the easiest day one purchases ever.

Feels like a friend died or something last console generation, I missed GT so much.

I know some people really love GT Sport but it doesn’t do it for me, its not the same thing.
I enjoyed GT Sport, but you’re right, it wasn’t the same. I also missed the extensive time trial leaderboards that GT5 had (no car/track specific leaderboards) - I hope GT7 has the same. I could spend hours just trying to get into the top 10 with my fave car and tracks. Now that we can tune cars and add new parts, it should make time trials and online races very interesting indeed.

Digity

Classy AF.

Have you played sport recently? It is a ram fest at the moment since they removed contact penalties a few months back.

John Wick

I'm going to wait and hope to be pleasently surprised. Car games have moved on massively since GT5. Kaz needs to bring something impressive. Just like Forza Motosport now pales in the Shadow of Forza Horizon. GT7 needs to bring something new too not just slightly improved visuals.

Top Bottom